Gun Control Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SMOCATRON, Jan 26, 2015.

1. #41 Deleted member 839659, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    I'm don't like gun ownership and wouldn't want one near me. But as a liberal I believe people should get what they want (with obvious limitations). So let them have their guns. But don't for a second think the constitution allows it for any other reason than the war that was going on with England.

2. Prohibition clearly worked.

3. The bolded and your avatar go hand in hand.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

5. I don't need to deserve to own a gun, it's my fucking right.

the debate ended when this became possible

7. #47 NorseMythology, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    The debate ended before it even started, my rights arent up for debate.

8. Im for gun control to a point they need to make it so they do more background checks see who is living with them and so on. By denying an american the right to bear arms cuz of others mistakes is unconstitutional. As an american we have the right to bear arms and if they try to get rid of that they are basically saying fuck you to the constitution and we can do what ever we want.

Smoke weed everyday

9. #49 JohnnyWeedSeed, Jan 27, 2015
    This is one of the most ignorant posts here. If you don't like guns, that's fine stay away from them but you claim to be a liberal who believes people should get what they want (which liberals, along side conservatives, are known for taking away rights) and then you go on to say "with obvious limitations,". Limitations according to whom??? Who are you to decide what one can or cannot put in their own bodies? it takes a lot of fucking nerve for someone to believe they, or anyone else, have the right to make any decisions like that regarding guns or drugs.

Yeah its a real kick in the pants

11. #51 JohnnyWeedSeed, Jan 27, 2015
    That is simply non of yours or anyone else's damn business as long as I don't initiate violence on or harm anyone with them.
    Maybe I just like to go far back in the mountains and throw grenades and watch them blow shit up because it's fun. Or maybe I want to be as well armed as the people trying to take away my rights and freedom.

12. Maybe we should permit people to own Nuclear Weapons too - as long as they promise not to use them it's not our business whether they have them. -_-.

13. Not that any one person could afford that without stealing money from everyone else (governments) but yes.

We should allow people Nuclear Weapons then, let's just completely disregard the inevitably of certain people using them to kill people - what's important here is that people get to own what they want to own.

15. You can not stop the ownership of any item through legislation. The war on drugs it ample proof of that.

16. still waiting for a response to this

The one and only.purpose of the second amendment is defense against GOVERNMENT

Unless you failed history, you'd be retarded to be pro gun control

-yuri

17. Blowing shit up for fun is about your speed and level of maturity.   You don't even have to say anymore.

18. #58 JohnnyWeedSeed, Jan 27, 2015
    I would not expect a New York City loving person like yourself to understand any part of that post but I would expect someone like you to want to impose his will and his personal moralities upon everyone else via force of the government.
    You have already shown all of us everything I need to know about you and your character.

I'll just ask a simple question, and hope that you won't give me another inane reply; do you think that Nuclear Weapons, Grenades & Rocket Launchers would or wouldn't be responsible for more deaths if they were permitted to anybody who wanted to use them?

20. I do not believe that they would. Insane people are already going to use those items for insane purposes. Legislation will not stop that. If all of those things were legalized today it's not like people are just going to decide to go insane and start using them to kill people.