Gun Control Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SMOCATRON, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Gun control is a moot issue. The issue is, are you free or are you subject to the whims of the majority?

Do you want a republic or pseudo-democracy?

If you think you have the right to violate my individual authority and freedom then you abandon your own rights.

Bill of Rights or statutes of the uneducated majority opinion?

If you feel safer without a gun then dont own one, but no one has any right to tell me what i can or cannot do. If anyone feels their rights trump my rights, i will introduce them to my court.

2. But but...

School shootings..

-yuri

3. You cannot regulate insanity, school shootings are a reminder of our ignorant attempts.

4. Are they not proof that humans need to be controlled ffor our own good?

-yuri

5. Also, how many school shootings occurred with legally obtained firearms? If they disregard life why would they give a damn about some law? Well clearly they dont.

6. My own good is my freedom, so controlling freedom is not for my own good.

7. #27 fromTheOldCountry, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015

Well what was more influential in racial change, King's speeches or the riots after his murder showing leadership change needed to happen or this could escalate into further violence, or civil war. I would say they are equal.

The reality is that war brings change. Whether our leaders and corporations are willing to risk a civil war in which the overwhelming middle class and working poor fight the rich then so be it. But the unequal distribution of wealth and the unequal taxation will come to an end one way or the other. It is the choice of the leadership, you may be older and not see it but young people are a buzz with change and possible revolution, even intellectuals, them especially.

8. Allowing Grenades and Rocket Launchers to anybody with enough money to purchase them sounds like a really really good idea - not to mention the enormous benefit of having them once America turns into Nazi Germany. :unsure:.

9. Is there any practical usage to owning a rocket launcher or grenade. Does anyone really think they're going Rambo on the government here. Gun control doesn't work but that doesn't mean rockets launchers and grenades, weapons which should really only be used in warfare, should be legally sold. I mean even some assualt rifles are ridiculous for any individual to own but at least you could somewhat validate it as being for security. No one has a rocket launcher for security purposes.

10. Guns are for cowards.

Real men protect their life and liberty with a gladius.

11. Maybe. Would the dea and swat think twice about violating your rights to grow your own medicine if you mighy have grenades? Ask the Branch Davidians. The only reasonable ways (i can think of)to battle such a machine is to stop funding it or demand the military to pick a side, and hope they side with freedom.

12. #32 NorseMythology, Jan 26, 2015
    Lol i prefer meat cleaver ;-)

13. this is obvious sarcasm so I need to ask

What do you really think would happen if they were not outlawed?

Do you really think our lives would be less safe? Talk about paranoid

/foilhat

-yuri

Do I think that people would be safer if Grenades and Rocket Launchers weren't handed out to anybody who had the money for them? Yes.. how is that ''paranoid''? Lmfao.

What part of "Shall NOT be Infringed" do you not understand?

No but I would love to shoot a cow with an RPG. Just one time.

16. Best answer yet! No one has any business deciding what another may or may not own, end of discussion.

17. #37 SMOCATRON, Jan 26, 2015
    The Second Amendment happened when there were really only muskets which aren't as dangerous as assault rifles.

It's no coincidence that the US has more gun violence than other countries with gun control, for example Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Japan.

A lot of you guys seem super paranoid that the government will turn against you and that you need your guns to protect yourself. Seriously, in this day and age, that is pretty much just not going to happen. The US is a first-world country in the post-modern age. Get your heads out of your asses.

The only valid argument you really have is that you like to own guns, which is perfectly fine. It's about gun control, not a total gun ban.

edit: I might mention that in Australia, guns are still legal. There is just strong regulation on what type of guns.

You can still get rifles, shotguns and handguns as long as you meet certain criteria. After the gun laws were placed after the Port Arthur Massacre, firearm-related deaths dropped by 47%.

I understand that they're two different countries with two different cultures and that guns are heavily embedded in your culture, but a few more rules can't hurt, especially if they're designed to prevent violence.

18. #38 SaltyWarDog, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

the UK has pretty much banned firearms with the stickiest rules they have firearm deaths all the time. .25 deaths by firearm anyway but by police from the total amount of firearms owned. The US is 13th. All of south America is front of us with Jamaica and south Africa the odd man out. these results do not include the rest of Africa no data and most of the middle east no data(been to both continents plenty death) . criminal networks will all ways funnel guns, ban something and there is a black market.

We have been stripped of a lot of rights that are in the constitution but revoked under patriot act and other sneaky titled bills they store all your online data which I'm sure they never stopped doing.

I've also written a report on guns and crime rates which the FBI crime stats are one click away to put anti gun states against gun states. gun states are always safer.

19. Irrelevent to the point.

The government is not supposed to have more power than the people. That's the entire point.

Armed police can overpower any individual criminal or group of criminals, but ultimately the free people are supposed to be stronger than the government.
    A: not true.
    B: gun violence is the lowest form of violence statistically in the use; even lower than bare hands (and this number includes mass shootings.)

Banning guns to combat gun violense is almost pointless. If that's really your motivation then damn
    Said the one who is paranoid everyone will shoot eachother and.gun violence is some sort of huge problem.

Lets talk facts.

Factually, gun violence is actually quite rare.

Historically governments turn against their people all the time. Its a fact.

Its extremely naive to suddenly trust our government just because its newer.

You are the one who is paranoid. Why else overreact to one of least significant causes of death in the country.
    What facts are you basing this conclusion on? Because reality proves you wrong.

No. You are ignoring history which is a grave grave mistake.

You have given us ZERO reason to believe the us wont become a.dictatorship.

Please humor me. Something other than "this day and age" "modern" and "civilized" please.
    OK?

-yuri

20. please explain why you think it is unlikely that the American government will ever turn against its people.

Even our own history proves that its not only possible but likely

-yuri