A Less Boring Title Than The Original One

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 839659, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Am i the only one who took this in good humor?

2. No one is going to fork over that money. Also I don't think you realize how big some deserts are. You would also be destroying the whole ecosystem that lives, thrives, and does it's part in the world. Almost the same as tearing down the rainforest in my opinion.

I don't want any hard feeling so I'm sorry if I was rude at any point.

Also there are several methods of storing energy and new ones are being developed.

Lol the topic of your repetitiveness was fueled by your denial. Either way lets put it behind us.

It would be funded the same way any other technology is funded. Through capitalism. You start a company and sell stocks. Usually those companies end up requiring more money but that's not always an issue and it's more common with new technologies.

This could also be some sort of fund that whole nations can invest in.

There's no implication of hand outs. Nothing is done for free I'm well aware of that.

5. what about the living ecosystem that lives off a desert environment?
    what about the living ecosystem that lives off a desert environment?

Fuck 'em lol. I don't want any mammals to go extinct but insects and reptiles I don't care too much about.

7. *palm to face* a lot of mammals live because their diet is insects and reptiles.

Good point.

9. Not trying to destroy the idea too much. I do believe in solar energy. In Africa, there are many military rebel and faction groups that would love to get their hands on that financial pie. Easily could take over and hold certain facilities ransom. M26 is a very dangerous well funded group unfortunately.

10. #30 Cactus Ed, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015

Now that you mention it you're right.  I hate missing stuff like that but do it all the time
     I don't remember you being rude but in that spirit I apologize for calling you're idea harebrained.  If it would work, though, I'd choose using the Sahara for power generation over leaving it a home for a few bugs and other animals.  Besides, since there is no vacuum in nature other creatures would make it their home. What's the advantage of putting all the solar panels in one place?  They could be put on rooftops and replace current roofing materials, eh?

Yeah they could be put anywhere and everywhere. But where I live that's pointless cause we have sun light for like 4 months out of the year, yet I see solar panels on houses here and there. It doesn't hurt tho.

12. rooftops would probably be the best bet in my opinion.