Youve All Caused Someones Death

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Deleted member 839659, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Intuition and listening to your senses can be developed...sooo listen close...and follow this creation :p

2. Nah, just my personal definition of it :cool:

3. #23 Hello there!, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    Indirectly, and I only accept blame (or credit) for what I directly cause.

4. I came on a napkin earlier..

Did you use all your tissues already? And socks?
    When you're running around barefoot with a chafed dick, remember - you caused it.

6. No I straight old fashioned skin smacked it..

The napkin was just unfortunate enough to be within the blast radius.

Uh oh guys, we got a murderer in here who is trying to justify what they did!!

8. I checked my friends texts

9. There's too many damn people in the world anyway. 

10. But my point is that this word cause you are throwing really means nothing until you properly define it. I would say that most people would define cause as knowingly taking an action that very clearly directly leads to a consequence. That is why I think it's a little ridiculous to say we cause all these deaths. Yes technically from a philosophical standpoint we probably make decisions that take lives. But how do we know that if we didn't just do the other thing that we could be saving lives. Ultimately we don't know because we can't predict the results of our actions that far down the line. My point is ultimately that you can't blame individuals for such unseen unpredictable consequences. Yes you could say that we cause all these deaths but then theoretically we also cause a lot of good, so it's impossible to talk about our actions effects on the world population because it's too big in scope.

I see your point. I didn't mean it in any other sense than a philosophical one tho. I see cause as one thing leading to another. So obviously no blame should be put on anyone.

12. I don't care. Things die to make other things live

13. i see the point that you are trying to make, i just think it's explained with a dark theme. cause and effect is crazy when you think how much power something so small has to change something so big over time. the ripple in time