Can anyone help me with some advice?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by justacornball, Jan 25, 2015.

1. So im new to this side of GC... but im in need in some some sort of advice or answers to my questions.. im starting give up hope in my dreams of becoming a pro skateboarder.. and i havent gone out in a few weeks or 2 months. Just focused about whats going wrong with me, but only the negative. It makes me feel like im not gonna go anywhere in life soon.. but recently on tuesday i went skating and i was ripping and i was actually enjoying. But i feel different about it more than when i use to when i was younger..

2. If you focus on the negative, what you DON'T prefer about what you do or yourself, you make yourself see and feel this over everything else.

And your questions are?

3. Thanks and that was the question Pardon

4. Perhaps you can make it a little clearer and put it in the form of a question?

5. Is it possible you're putting too much pressure on yourself by expecting to become a professional skateboarder when in reality you just enjoy skateboarding? You should find a different aspiration, a more realistic one. Look into college or community college and keep skateboarding a hobby. If you become pro, you become pro but you share that dream with countless of others and there's a bigger supply than a demand. As opposed to things like doctors, teachers or economists. Serve society, we'll all appreciate you more for that. I'm not saying give up on your dreams, just have a backup plan. I don't believe in your dreams.

6. In the entire UNIVERSE of " professional skateboarding" there are less than 250 who earn enough money from it to have any life whatsoever outside of poverty....there are probably 10 times that number ( but still a small number) earn that title " professional skateboarder" by showing off their skills in travelling fairs and circuses and the occasional exhibition....and there are those that REALLY make a living from skateboarding by owning and operating skateboard shops that SELL skateboards and the lifestyle accoutrements ......but, like most things in life, and even more so in skateboarding....the FUN is a lot easier to find than the MONEY. Its a dead end cul-de-sac of a life's pursuit and you would end up happier ( and by end, I dont mean when youre 65. I mean more like when youre 35) in trying to finance and open a skateboard themed BUSINESS than harbouring dreams of doing nothing more than skateboarding for a living. Sorry.

This is solid, true to life advice.

Another example of the thoughts highlighted in blue...

Who made more fortune in the various gold rushes that have happened in the course of US history?  The gold miners, or the "general store" shop keepers that sold them all of the equipment they needed in order to prospect for gold?  It was the shop keepers...