Why did you start smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by KrunksGroove, Jan 25, 2015.

1.   I assume most people would start smoking either out of medical necessity or curiosity. But what was the reason for your first smoke?

Mine was a mixture of curiosity and to see if it would help with depression and anxiety.

2. #2 Deleted member 281310, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    well my best friend at the time had smoked a few times but then he introduced me to kid cudis music and for some reason i liked his music a lot and i feel like that influenced me a lot. so i asked my friend to let me try it and i loved it ever since. i never really had much curiosity about smoking until i started listening to kid cudi. remember my other thread? yeah that's one of the memories.

3. To be quite blunt: to get high.

4. nice one

5. Very creative.

6. Ever since high school health classes where they teach you to not do drugs, learning about drugs actually made me more curious about them. I was always more curious about altered states of consciousness and mind-expanding psychedelic drugs, not really coke or heroin.

I first started in high school with a group of 4 friends. During this time in our lives, everything was horrible and boring. For us, it was just something new, different and fun. For 3 out of 4 of us, our grades actually started improving after we started smoking lol. The other one didn't give a shit about school and joined the army instead haha.

We were just out one day during summer/Christmas holidays (I'm from Australia) and one of my friends asked "Would you ever try weed?" and after a discussion, we all came to the conclusion that we would be willing to try it. I knew a guy from school who had offered me weed once and was a known stoner so the opportunity arose for us to get a hook-up so we did lol.

TL;DR - Curiosity, Boredom, Opportunity

7. I was always against all drugs including weed until i was about 17, then i looked into weed and discovered that it isnt bad for you and does not damage your health, sure you may become forgetful, but that's about the worst that could happen. Then i tried weed for the first time with my mates on my birthday and have fallen in love with it ever since

8. And reduced lung performance

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I think I forgot that... or I'm just high

10. Damn man Cudi was a big part of me smoking too. Back in 2009

11. The kids I started hanging out with at 17 yo all did.  So I tried it.  I couldn't understand what they were talking about, I didn't feel anything except stupid as they were all having fun and I am like"eh..."  Well, being rather tenacious and wanting to feel what they were feeling, it took two more toking sessions.  Then... finally, it hit me, I felt the high and it was the best feeling I'd ever experienced.

Decades later, I learned that (for me) to achieve the "best feeling" I ever experienced in 17 years was from pot, was a sign of depression.  The depression diagnosis was dead on.

So for me, smoking was intended as recreation, but unknowingly became medicinal.

12. I was working at a gas station and helped some people out with a gas can that ran out of gas a mile or so from the gas station.

When they came back they handed me the can, and a baggy with about a half an eighth in it.

I smoked it, I liked it, so I continue to smoke it

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I watched Reefer Madness one time and decided that for the government to make such a ridiculously phony effort to paint something as being evil, it must be pretty good. Authorities can be such lame dooshes when run by bureaucrats with behavior controlling agendas.

14. #14 xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    I started because we found an ounce in my friends brothers room... He had left to Disney land and forgot about it...
    I was 9, now I smoke to deal with my aggression issues and to get high obviously...
    I have violent tendencies and am depressed 100% of the time, so it helps quite a bit...
    I'm 19 now btw.
    dont feel like having the ban hammer thunder down upon my asshole because someone thought I was a 9 year old #420quikscopescrubjug666spawn1337pants
    Lol

15. Decided to try it freshman year before high school with a friend and a few cousins smoked, during freshman year but was never crazy about it. Sophomore year in high school smoked a lot more and have been since then!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

16. Thought it'd be fun.. For the experience. So fucking glad I did.

17. When I moved from the UK over to the US (CO) I had zero friends so when i started talking to some guys from my school they asked if i smoked. Pretty much was just a social thing to make friends but then it became something that i loved so much that i just kept doing it. God bless you Gabe for opening my eyes <3

18. When I started 8th grade some new kid ended moving next door to me ended up being 2 years older than me from California (I live in connecticut) he was starting his sophomore year of school and my parents and I befriended his family and one day we got off the bus from school and he asked if I've ever smoked, and if I wanted to try it so I was down, he had only smoked like twice before that lol. So next day after school he went to the smokers corner (corner of parking lot just off school ground where kids smoked there cigs) and got bud we walked home examined it. It was really dark ugly weed the shittiest of shit mids I've ever seen in my life haha make matters worst he rolled it up in printer paper! Dumbest shit I've ever done I smoked and probobly got high from the amount of oxygen getting cut from my brain and and all the smoke from the printer paper haha. We ended up getting some real ak-47 a week later but I'll save that story for another time long story short it was a little of curiosity and I wanted to rebel because my parents said I couldn't do it lol

19. first time was before junior year in highschool. Basically I did it once and kept doing it cuz it was cool, but then I got addicted.

20. End of my senior year of high school. A couple of friends and I decided we would try it before college as a "last hoorah" kind of thing. We all loved it and out of the five of us three of us still get together sometimes and just blaze.