Honeycomb perc/ash catcher help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ImSoKrucial, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Just got my first bong, ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422149890.352721.jpg at my local head shop. He through in this honeycomb perc bc I had bought a bubbler and a bong. My question is: do I fill the water just above the 2nd honeycomb?

2. Sometimes it depends on how the honeycomb perc was manufactured, with my friends double honeycomb he would put the water right where the second honeycomb started and it worked like a charm.

I would try different water levels and see what works best for the ash catcher.

3. First thing you should do is get a 45* attachment so the honey combs actually stack bubbles properly.

It sitting sideways is useless.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

4. ^That wont work with this piece.  The a/c will work fine providing you tilt the bong back when you take your hits.  As for the water level, you just need to test it out and see what you like best.

5. #5 NYCchronic, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    This isnt true and only solves one problem to create another because if you tilt the bong backwards then it fucks with the natural diffusion the stem provides. It will make the honeycomb vertical but the tube would be at an angle it would tilt the water level inside the piece, and also make the stem hit at an unnatural angle. OP shouldve gotten a 45* 

6. That's only true of a stemless bong. Beakers and straights you can tilt.

7. Ill never understand how someone can live with a 90 degree ash catcher on a 45 degree piece. GET AN ADAPTER FOR THAT! And shame on your LHS for giving you a 90 instead of a 45.... cool they threw that in but still. good luck not trying to diss but i would highly recommend a 45 to 90 degree adaptor.