1st Time Grow: DR60, K3-L300 LED, Bubbleponics

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by samwmas, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Hello All,

First timer here, glad to finally join the community. 

As the title states, I'm hoping to begin my first grow attempt (I'm moving to Colorado in the fall) and would like some input on my current intended setup. 

Due to space, stealth, and equipment availability, I have formulated the following list as an ideal setup for my first grow; however, feel that this setup is unconventional and may not be optimal for my end goals. As is tradition, I am hoping to maximize yield and quality given these conditions/boundaries.

Secret Jardin DR60 (23.5 x 23.5 x 55)" 
    Kind LED K3-L300, 200w actual, 300w HID equivalent 
    Stealth Hydroponics Bubbleponics 6 Planter Starter Kit
    SCROG

Strain undetermined
    Reg/Auto undetermined
    Nutrients undetermined

I realize that the tent size is small and probably shouldn't contain no more than 2-3 plants; however, let's consider these contingencies:
    • Hydroponics will produce smaller plants (I believe)
    • I am intending and willing to select a strain known for its small stature
    • I have considered an Auto-flower, as these are smaller and have shorter cycles (I am not wanting to sacrifice potency, though
    • The SCROG method will allow these plants to spread out
    If you look at the LED light fixture, the light contains 6 LED modules. I believe LED penetrates directly; thus, giving each of the six plants their "own" light. I understand this light provides a footprint of 2' x 3' and my theory may be irrelevant.

Is it wise to allow 6 plants to grow under these conditions?

Which strain is recommended? Seed bank?

What estimated yield might I expect?

At the end of the day, I am hoping to obtain a high yield of good quality flower. Safety, stealth, and energy efficiency are important factors as well as limited space. I have strongly considered opting to a 4x4 4-plant grow but would feel more secure and controlled with the smaller setup.

Thank you for your time and interest  :)

2. #2 MrBelvedere, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    When you get to Colorado you will be able to buy elite clones and seeds very easily that match your needs. Also, CO has an abundance of great hydro stores you can go to and buy a "complete tent kit". However make sure you go to a reputable grow shop.

If you want max potency, do not use autoflower or lowryder strains, use a feminized seed or better yet elite cut from the Colorado dispensaries.  

HTH

3. Also, all LED's have their own footprint. So you can get lights that have footprints that match the tent you get. Make sense?