A Homage to Rick Simpson: A Medical Marijuana Icon

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by George - The Vault, Jan 24, 2015.

1. #41 ProGMOII, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    I think the sooner we go to a Schedule II the better we are all. The research and clinical trials can begin. So many people are lab rats. Placebo is a a powerful phenomenon. i recall a recent study where people who were studied actual found more relief a placebo that had higher costs than the other cheaper placebos in the study.  http://www.livewellnebraska.com/health/an-expensive-placebo-is-more-effective-than-a-cheap-one/article_6045ce36-a803-11e4-9be3-e30a3b095772.html

Let us hurry and toss off this high scheduling of marijuana and get to the real issues. Most people in this community just like getting high. many people are susceptible to scams, especially when its ends meet their desire to be stoned as well as those truly suffering who hear these miraculous claims of efficacy.

I can hope I am wrong but so far the clinical studies are not promising at all. This, my skepticism,  is compounded by the series of studies showing homeopathy does NOT work.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/homeopathy-work-major-australian-study-concludes/story?id=29595411
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/reference/homeopathy/
    http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/meta-study-confirms-homeopathy-doesnt-work
    http://www.sciencebase.com/science-blog/homeopathy-really-doesnt-work.html

2. Have you ever watched James Randi? He does some great demonstrations in which he swallows a whole bottle of Calms Forte. Hilarious stuff and educational. 

3. My grandma used rso while fighting breast cancer. She did kemo and radiation. I really belive the rso helped her with the effects of the treatment. She has been cancer free for 18 months now.
    My uncle was diagnosed with colleen cancer 2 years ago. He went the all natural way with just rso, better diet and vitamins. Just got how test results back last week and it has spread to his bones on lungs. We are excepting to lose him in the next 6 months to a year.

In my opinion i truly belive that is does not cure cancer but helps with all the effects that come along with cancer. If it puts them in comfort with what they have to deal with I am all for it.

4. #44 ProGMOII, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    I have not. I will check him out, thanks for the tip. I hit up Skeptical raptor, Science Based Medicine, WebMD and try and read the actual studies. The abstract and conclusion can give most laymen a good idea of how the study performed. Most cannabis studies state clearly that they need more studies and clinical trials since the test tube and mice often result in failure with human trials.

Many people bitch about the cost of medications, as do I sometimes. But what amazed me was how many people are involve in the creating, testing, evaluating, then after many meds fail. They find one and have to jump through the federal hoops (not cheap hoops at that). All before they go into marketing and sales.

5. I agree with that. While I still say that we need rigorous testing, it does appear that Cannabis can mitigate certain symptoms. 

6. I know you you're the guy who laughed and argued when we figured out the world was round.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. And why do you think that is?  It's because our government did not allow studies to be done so people have to get the word out in anyway they can. Israel and Spain have been studying how cannabis fights cancer.   Thank goodness we have the internet to share these studies with each other. Thank the good folks that have taken the time to share there stories with us.  You'll find a zillion stories here: https://www.facebook.com/THeCureForCancers and if you haven't already seen Run From the Cure, that will give you an idea how cannabis works and how to use the oil.  Sanjay Gupta ( American neurosurgeon and an assistant professor of neurosurgery at Emory University School of Medicine) has a great documentary called Weed that will explain a lot.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrVXRZY1_x0  It doesn't take a whole lot of looking for cancer and cannabis to find testimonial after testimonial of people who have healed from cannabis.  And you'll find very little that discredits cannabis and cancer.    

8. #48 dabs710, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015

That's unfortunate about your uncle. No disrespect, but I'm not sure why he didn't bother to check the cancer spread after 60 - 90 days of RSO use (or even in the middle of it) if he decided to opt out of chemo. I'd want to be certain that it was having at least some effect before it goes on too long.

9. Lol at the guy that's all butt hurt about Rick not having a degree. Yeah because those mean so much now day's. If you have enough money you can just buy one some way or another lol.

I made RSO before, awesome stuff and easy to do.

10. And Tommy chong never had cancer, they misdiagnosed him with it.
    Saw him at a show last year and he admitted it right on stage. Said he did the RSO treatment then found out he didn't even have it to begin with.

11. He did get tested on the regular I just left out most of the boring details. He was dead set on doing it natural. He didn't want to fuck
    With the chemo no matter what.
    Now he is just on made edibles and pain meds trying to get into some
    Form of comfort.

12. There could also be a synergistic, potentiating effect between the two drugs that we don't understand yet.

13. That sucks. Hope he does okay with managing his pain.

14. #54 dabs710, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Has anyone here given the "clear" or "raw" concentrates a go yet? A lot of them are more than twice as strong as your typical alcohol extracted RSOs and they are more of the "real deal" for RSO, as Rick Simpson used to extract with naptha, which gives you a much stronger and purer oil. I haven't used the "food grade" type yet, but it seems to be working better for skin conditions (such as skin cancer that I'm helping someone close with). Think I might have to give some a try, although the only option I have is pretty expensive, it sounds like it could be worth it.

15. #55 dabs710, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015

Source? Everything recent from him I am reading keeps talking about how he loves weed and beat his cancer with it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/tommy-chong-on-weed-jail-and-getting-high-with-every-beatle-except-paul-20150317

Either you were a little baked during his jokes or he's telling a lot of lies.

16. What do you mean fuckin source man? I said right in the post dude was on stage when he said this. Said it in front of about 3500 people in MI.
    Sure he loves weed, never denied that man lol.

I'm sorry, what makes the Internet a credible source? Or rolling stone for that matter? I'm just telling you what he admitted to all of us while performing.

I mean they genuinely though he had cancer so he started RSO treatment, then when they got a 2nd opinion that doctor said he was misdiagnosed. So yeah he can say he beat cancer with it lol. He said something along those lines on stage.

Take it for what it's worth man I don't care. Just telling you what Tommy himself told the crowd.

And yes I was very baked, it was on 4-20 a couple years ago haha.

I'm sure you doubt me but whatever. Hell I'd doubt me too if I wasn't a guy in the crowd that day lol.

17. #57 dabs710, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015

I believe what you're saying. I just think he must've been joking or you misconstrued what he was trying to say. It wouldn't make sense for him to say that and for him to keep claiming that he had cancer and hash oil helped him beat it interview after interview. It would be beyond disingenuous.

"I mean they genuinely though he had cancer so he started RSO treatment, then when they got a 2nd opinion that doctor said he was misdiagnosed." This could entirely mean that he got diagnosed with cancer, started treatment, killed his cancer, and the second doctor didn't think he had any... which would make sense here.

18. Nah man you keep trying to make sense of it and twist words so they make you feel better lol.
    He was diagnosed with cancer by the first doc, started treatment, when he went for a 2nd opinion, that doc said he was misdiagnosed and never had cancer lol.
    That's why Tommy says he beat it.
    It's what he said man, was I high, fuck yeah lol but it was a performance I wanted to be at so I was definitely listening to what he was saying.
    Now I'd imagine he didn't wait long for a 2nd opinion when dealing with cancer.
    Sure he could have been joking but when he wrapped it up with something like "That's why I can say I beat cancer with RSO treatment"
    Idk man maybe try messaging him somehow and see if he responds.
    And a crowd is one thing but him being an advocate of weed, yeah I'd imagine in every interview he'd say it did the trick lol and this miracle oil saved him.

19. So the guy at the dispensary mentioned yesterday that Rick Simpson is no longer alive.  Rumor or is this true?  I can't even find a wiki on Ricky. 

Doesn't mention anything on his website. That'd be the first place I'd look to corroborate a rumor like that. Sounds like dude didn't know what he was talking about.