Cal mag def?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by santeriaxx420, Jan 24, 2015.

1. My 6 girls are in ffof 3 gal buckets bout 50 50 perlite ffof. Lined w perlite on bottom. Just. Transplanted into this yesterday when I started to see rust spots. Before they were in tiny little starting pots with black gold mixed with ffof. I gave small amounts of of my gh nutes with some cal mag a week or two before transplant because I knew they had eaten everything. Started under 100w cfl and are now are under a 600 w cool tube in a 5x5 tent with the extraction fan on full blast

2. The pics.

Attached Files:

3. #3 bulldogman10, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    doesnt look like cal mag def it looks more like nitrogen burn to me.

What type of soil is this? NVM i see you said FFOF 

well FFOF is hot as it is and giving it nutes along with whats in the soil you maybe over doing it. Flush it with plain PH'd water and see what you get.

4. Cant possibly be nute burn if you haven't feed in 2 weeks. It's possible its nitrogen defiency.

5. Hi. Ffof is an extremely hot soil. When starting out in that soil you shouldn't add any nutrients for at least 14 days. When transplanting well rooted plants I wait at least a week giving ph'd water only

6. #6 BHamBudzNW, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    I chuckle everytime someone says FFOF is extremely hot. It's definitely not Idea for seedlings and small cuts but it's FAR from hot.

As far as the plants are concerned I'd be interested to know how often and how much your watering, as well as the temperature swing between the night cycle and peak day cycle.

This plant was transplanted straight into FFOF (not cut with perlite) and flipped to 12/12 to test genetics. No burn, no nutes. Photo was taken at 4 weeks.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422302954.250920.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. hehe that's sooo cute!! how much did you get?

8. That's more of a Nitrogen or Sulfur Deficiency, pH may be too low.

9. 12 grams! Lol (photo was at week 4ish)
    I hate wasting nutrients/veg space on untried genetics so I normally just transplant and flower cuts I get from people.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. oh nice!! I am a professional ornamental and bedding crop greenhouse grower workin on my first indoor grow :) was hopin I would get at least 28g from my plant, what do you think? [​IMG]