First time smoking weed - Really bad experience

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by FionaEffy, Jan 24, 2015.

1. #81 Live_Life, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
    Dude you just got too high, your tolerance is basically negative and you got too high. You literally had no idea what the feeling would be and well, you got it and you freaked because you got toooo high on top of that and this was completely new to you. Next time take ONE hit, wait and few see how it feels, then if you want take one more, etc. But dude, weed does make you paranoid sometimes when you're new and you don't want people to know you're high yada yada and you smoked at school..for your first time. I smoked at my friends place every time for a great setting and good vibes.

Let me tell you about my first time because it was "not good." Flash forward to my friends place who was a big pothead. Well we smoked a blunt, 4 hits out of a bowl and because I still didn't feel anything a couple hits off his G-Pen. Well when I stood up to get water BAM it hit me all at once and man I freaked out inside. I couldn't just look from left to right, my vision would kind of just catch up to me and it was like I was seeing in flashes. I kept asking my friends if I was going to be okay and what was happening to me, yeah I was so dam scared, again all new feeling no idea what to expect.

I could've used that as an excuse to not do it again but you want to know why I did it again? Because I had heard about weed all my life and I had seen all the videos and KNEW it was supposed to make you feel amazing, make you laugh a lot, make everything awesome. Basically an amazing time , so I knew my experience wasn't the right one. The next week I tried it two more times with both times smoking exactly the way I told you to and by that third time wow! Weed was the best thing to grace the Earth haha. If you do it the way I told you to trust me man you will not get like that, you're controlling your level one hit at a time so you'll be at your own comfortable level and can actually enjoy the high not smoke hit after hit and wait for who knows what (since it was your first time). Yup, weed lived to all it's expectations! Just know it IS supposed to feel like everything you've heard. Just take it slow next time and trust me you'll see what I mean!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Boy do I miss being able to get this high, lol :D
    I'm sure many people have already told you this, but here it goes: your biggest mistake was getting high at school. Of course you're gonna get paranoid. There's a bunch of people. What if a teacher called on you to read something out loud or answer a question? I've had that happen to me while blazed out of my mind and it was not a cool experience. By the time I hit senior year, I was a very experienced smoker. Still, I generally avoided getting high at school. I advise you to do the same. 

As for the paranoia - yeah, inexperienced smokers tend to get that sometimes. The way I used to deal with it is this: first, I'd get away from any and all people and just take a walk by myself. Don't do this if it's dark or have a valid reason to feel unsafe, it would make it worse. Then, I'd just repeat to myself that whatever I might be feeling or thinking is very temporary and it will go away withing an hour or two. It's also not real and is entirely due to the weed. I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine. Deep breath. Oh look, the sun is shining! At this point, I'd be ready to start thinking about something weird and amusing. You can eat something if you want - it will taste great and make the high go away faster. 
    The same method works if you're feeling nauseated. 

Good luck, hope your next time will be better!  :smoke:

3. Yes, just take time to yourself to chill and get really high.  Relaxed it will be a beautiful experience... and let us know how it goes!

4. Dude going to school when its the first time your high is just stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. The first time I've smoked we went down in the woods and the pond was frozen over so they decided we should slide around. I didn't want to at first but once the stiff kicked in I went for it. It was all cool at first but then I hear a loud Crack thinking it was the ice I booked it right through some torns. Turns out my friend was on the ice that cracked (He's still alive don't worry) But anyway after running through the torns we walked to a pizza place. After about 20 mins. my leg went numb it also didn't help that it was cold as fuck. We decided to head back to my friends house where I just sat down and decided to watch a movie (Big Hero 6) or what ever the name is. It wasn't that bad of a night I guess.