First time smoking weed - Really bad experience

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by FionaEffy, Jan 24, 2015.

1. #1 FionaEffy, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    I need to talk to somebody about this, since I held it in all day. Yesterday was the first time i smoked weed - wasnt a very good experience, and idk why people say its so good, cause i dont think it is. Anyway, It was before school, with two friends that is regular smokers. I smoked 1/3 out of a joint. It was only good while smoking it, smiling all the time and felt relaxed. But afterwards it was a nightmare. It felt like i was in a cartoon or a dream. The colors was brighter and sharper, and the sounds was so loud, even the ones far away from me. Also my legs felt really heavy, it felt like i was walking like a robot. Also its like i saw and heard things ive seen and heard before, like flashbacks. And I constantly thought 'Wtf is happening?' and I was sooo worried that I would get caught. 

And also i kinda blacked out some times - Its like i just teleported to places. One moment im outside, the next moment im in class. I felt really paranoid and my heart beat so fast in a certain beat, like fast-fast-fast-slow repeatedly. Later it felt like an invisible screw went in and out my heart, it was like i had a hole in my heart. I also felt like i was shaking a lot and when I was sitting in class my legs kinda shaked a lot out of nowhere and I couldnt control it. It just felt really uncomfortable. But then i asked my friend if i seemed high or uncomfortable, and he said that i looked completely chill and relaxed, so I guess its all in my mind or? Anyway, he said you could only hear it a little in my voice, so I almost didnt speak all day cause I was worried that Id get caught. Sometimes I just couldnt say anything - It was like I was locked in my mind. In a moment i just wanted to die, i just thought can this be over soon, it seemed like forever. 10 fucking minutes seemed like 1 hour. I just felt like it was reeeeally obvious that I was high.

I was even scared to go somewhere else, I just wanted to stay on my seat and sleep or just sit there and stare. When it was the worst, I was litteraly crying and screaming inside. Sometimes i felt like the high was going away, but then it came back. The hell I was going through dissapeared maybe after 3 hours but I still didnt feel well afterwards. When school was over at 2pm I went home, relaxed, watched tv and then slept at 4pm, and woke up at 6am. So I slept for 14 hours. Right now I still feel like this isnt real, Just when I look around in my house, it feels like im in a dream. And I constantly have this thought of how stupid I was, and Im just worried this will never go away. I'm mostly worried that this wont go away when I have exams in 3 weeks. 

Oh and btw just so you know, I havent been diagnosed with any kind of anxiety but I definately feel anxiety in the daily basis. Especially at school or places where there's a lot of people. Maybe this could be why it was so bad? 
    Would it be bad if i did it again but maybe only take one-two hit?
    And If I did it another place, where I know Im safe and won't get caught? Does it get better?
    Have any one of you had bad experiences like me? Tell your story If you want.
    And right now, what should I do to make myself feel better again? As quick as possible.
    Literally nobody told me this could happen, I've only heard good things about weed.

2. #2 FionaEffy, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    I need to talk to somebody about this, since I held it in all day. Yesterday was the first time i smoked weed - wasnt a very good experience, and idk why people say its so good, cause i dont think it is. Anyway, It was before school, with two friends that is regular smokers. I smoked 1/3 out of a joint. It was only good while smoking it, smiling all the time and felt relaxed. But afterwards it was a nightmare. It felt like i was in a cartoon or a dream. The colors was brighter and sharper, and the sounds was so loud, even the ones far away from me. Also my legs felt really heavy, it felt like i was walking like a robot. Also its like i saw and heard things ive seen and heard before, like flashbacks. And I constantly thought 'Wtf is happening?' and I was sooo worried that I would get caught. 

And also i kinda blacked out some times - Its like i just teleported to places. One moment im outside, the next moment im in class. I felt really paranoid and my heart beat so fast in a certain beat, like fast-fast-fast-slow repeatedly. Later it felt like an invisible screw went in and out my heart, it was like i had a hole in my heart. I also felt like i was shaking a lot and when I was sitting in class my legs kinda shaked a lot out of nowhere and I couldnt control it. It just felt really uncomfortable. But then i asked my friend if i seemed high or uncomfortable, and he said that i looked completely chill and relaxed, so I guess its all in my mind or? Anyway, he said you could only hear it a little in my voice, so I almost didnt speak all day cause I was worried that Id get caught. Sometimes I just couldnt say anything - It was like I was locked in my mind. In a moment i just wanted to die, i just thought can this be over soon, it seemed like forever. 10 fucking minutes seemed like 1 hour. I just felt like it was reeeeally obvious that I was high.

I was even scared to go somewhere else, I just wanted to stay on my seat and sleep or just sit there and stare. When it was the worst, I was litteraly crying and screaming inside. Sometimes i felt like the high was going away, but then it came back. The hell I was going through dissapeared maybe after 3 hours but I still didnt feel well afterwards. When school was over at 2pm I went home, relaxed, watched tv and then slept at 4pm, and woke up at 6am. So I slept for 14 hours. Right now I still feel like this isnt real, Just when I look around in my house, it feels like im in a dream. And I constantly have this thought of how stupid I was, and Im just worried this will never go away. I'm mostly worried that this wont go away when I have exams in 3 weeks. 

Oh and btw just so you know, I havent been diagnosed with any kind of anxiety but I definately feel anxiety in the daily basis. Especially at school or places where there's a lot of people. Maybe this could be why it was so bad?
    Would it be bad if i did it again but maybe only take one-two hits? Will it be different from what I experienced?
    And If I did it another place, where I know Im safe and won't get caught? Does it get better?
    Have any one of you had bad experiences like me? Tell your story If you want.
    And right now, what should I do to make myself feel better again? As quick as possible.
    Literally nobody told me this could happen, I've only heard good things about weed.

3. Maybe your friend said you looked fine because you was in class and he didnt want it to seem suspicious lol

4. #4 Deleted member 281310, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    just enjoy the high. it might be a bit intense smoking 1/3 a joint your first time but it's not really a big deal. especially at school... what are you doing? smoking weed does not go in school ESPECIALLY if you just started smoking.

go smoke at your house or a friends house. maybe in the woods. but not somewhere where your stoned ass will get lost and die.

5. Your first time smoking fire bud, Your tolerance was pretty pretty low. And your body probably wasnt able to handle the high. And when you was in school you was paranoid. That happens when you get really high. Or start to think deeply about something.. but if you smoke more often your body is gonna get use to it and you wont feel those symptoms as often because you're use to the weed in the system

6. If he's still in school then he's under 18...read the guidelines
    ...no under 18's

I know, but seriously I didnt expect that. When I smoked it I just said 'Nah whatever, I can control it'
    So If I smoke less next time, i won't be as paranoid?

I know.. Could have had a lot more fun if it wasnt at school

No we werent in class, he didnt wanna go, and I just couldn't cause of how high I was. My heart was beating so fucking fast

8. Its possible that it can lower the risks of being paranoid maybe. I never experienced it more than once. I was about 13 smoking blunts back to bsck to back. The homies told me i had to move because someone was coming up the stairs (yeah we cyphed in a building staircase) but once i got up. I was sooooo blazed. By forehead felt light as hell. Sweaty, my whole body sweated like hell. Started getting paranoid.. "what if my mom catches me" that happened for a few times. But then i started skating city whenever i get baked. But i feel you, i smoked a spliff for the first time (during work) and i saw my boss as soon as i got in. I was like... fawwwk again, my forehead got sweaty and lightweight

9. Okay so how old are you now? And why do you smoke, like what is the positive effects on you?

I dont get how people say 'I feel all motivated and creative when I'm high' but for me its the opposite, I only felt dumb and lazy :b

10. Im 19 right now, I've been smoking for 7 years. And i smoke because it helps with my stress and anxiety, depression. But some of the positive effects that i feel are when im drawing or skating. I tend to be more focused, and im more likely to visualize the trick im doing in my head, makes me more creative, i smile more. And honestly weed makes me happy

11. And you probably think that because you have a different view on it. Or you actually believe that weed makes you lazy, weed makes you lazy if you let your mind be taken over by the weed. basically the negative thoughts

12. It's all in your head, really. If you are subconsciously feeling worried or anxious about smoking prior to doing it, chances are paranoia will hit you hard when you are high. I guess all of us have had at least one or two highs when they felt anxious as fuck. Like sometimes I feel like everyone around me can tell that I am high which makes me act all weird and I just can't enjoy my high and people are probably thinking wtf is wrong with her. I've also experienced the shaking thing several times where I feel like I am shaking but I can't tell for sure. Basically what I am saying is it all depends on your mindset. School isn't the best place for smoking as there are many factors which may stress you out and cause an unpleasant high. If you still feel like smoking weed I'd recommend you do it on a weekend for example, not at school, somewhere where you feel comfortable and chill and with people you enjoy being around. You should try to relax as much as possible, have a good mindset and of course don't get yourself paranoid with "what if's". Just try to chill as much as possible, take it easy with the joint and you should be good. 

13. yes, that is me, yes, that is you, you, that is me, wont you try?

14. #14 FionaEffy, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015

wat

15. Yeah I have too many negative thoughts already, like without the weed.. so it gets worse

16. Truth is you would have had a far more pleasant experience for your first time if you had been somewhere you feel relaxed, can be yourself, or can act completely mental should the mood take you lol, but without fear of consequence. 

A few good friends you trust, a quiet night in, a few funny movies, and a shit load of snacks.....the same things that put the fear of god into you this time (inability to walk, dream like feelings, life being a cartoon etc), will be the same things you will find yourself laughing hysterically about when you are arguing with your mates as to who's turn it is to make the 12 foot epic journey to the fridge! ;)

It's all about your environment....if you are somewhere you can chill, you will be the most chilled you have ever been...if you are somewhere you have to look, feel, and act normal, there is more of a chance, especially for your first time, that you will have a negative experience. 

17.   Felt like you were in a cartoon. Legs like robot legs. This isn't fun to you? Sorry you had a bad experience. The first time i always like a mild psychedelic trip if you are smoking good weed.  If you are still interested in trying it than do it in a comfortable place, on a sunny and warm day. Also choose a strain based on what you like. Do you like to relax, or are you the party type? Indicas will lay you out, sativas will lift you up.

And most importantly, don't smoke so much. No need to get blasted off your ass when smoking. A few drags and pause. Enjoy a nice mellow buzz. 

18. I've made stupid mistakes in the past getting caught with weed at school. when i first started smoking 5 years ago, got arrested. parents found out i smoke 6 months after i started max. i was 16 at the time. anyway yeah that's my story. with a lot of bullshit and good times in between till right as of now.

19. FionaEffy

I humbly suggest you read and re-read this sentence of yours several times

Isn't it like saying 'I'm in pain right now but no doctor is telling me i'm in pain so maybe i'm not after all'.

I really don't know how to get you 'better as quick as possible', I presume by 'better' you mean dessipating the effect this experience had on you. However another option is to consider that maybe it was a message from life. Maybe something inside you, or rather which IS you, needs to be attended to. The trick however is that you can't attend to it if your only intent is to run from the pain.

Doing it not in the middle of society but alone and at the relative security of your home is something I would personally suggest yes. Not neccesarily is going to be much less of a hell though.

20. I also remember having such weed experience in public when I took my phone out and got the 911 (well local equivalent) number on screen with my finger ready to dial cause I thought death from a heart attack or whatever was imminent :D  yeah good times good times