Does weeds medical use imply something divine?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Messiah Decoy, Jan 24, 2015.

Did you just compare hemp to lettuce???

If there's nothing special about cannabis then name a few other plants that have thousands of industrial uses, hundreds of medicinal uses, and dozens of recreational uses (enjoying sex, food, music, nature, etc).

Not just industrial uses, medicinal uses, or recreational drug uses but all three.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

There are studies that prove cannabis treats hundreds of ailments. Go ahead and PM Storm Crow for the entire list.

and weed doesn't just get people "high", it helps them appreciate the world around them.

I see nothing wrong with a God that wants to remind us that we have a special connection to nature and wants us to appreciate our senses which is, quite frankly, an embarrassment of riches.

3.   Well I don't believe in god, so I would say it's just luck. Our existence is luck, everything is luck. The fact we were born out of the millions of sperm that weren't shot into a napkin was luck. I don't believe there is a purpose or reason for anything, but to each his own. 

You missed the point.. the point is that plants that have been legal to use throughout history already have their own tried and true purpose, so there is no point in testing it for all sorts of new things. Hemp and weed were made illegal, so they had their purpose taken away. Because of that, it leaves hemp open to be tested for anything and everything.. and plants overall are versatile. I wasn't comparing hemp and lettuce, but stating the FACT that if you wanted to compress lettuce.. you could turn it into building blocks just like with hemp. Or you could use grapevines and shred their fibers to make some kind of clothing. Or you could turn mistletoe into a biofuel.. but nobody is trying because all those plants already have their purpose.

We used to use hemp a lot.. it has many different uses, but so do ALL plants. Hemp's purpose was erased when it was made illegal and because of that, people are testing it for all sorts of things.. and guess what, turns out you can use it, but overlooks the common sense of it all that if you used a different plant, you'll probably see it works too.

So how about this.. you pick one of the many different uses of hemp/weed that don't center around THC and I will find you an example of a different plant that can be used for the same purpose.

But I do have an example.. If you're looking for a plant that is antibiotic, antiviral, antiparasitic, an antioxidant, relieves pain, relieves headaches, combats nausea, and has ingredients in it that help combat cancer and diabetes.. then *drum roll* GINGER!

You will be able to find all sorts of plants out there that you can be used in place of weed as long as the use isn't centered around THC. There is nothing else unique about weed.. and all the other terpenes in weed that effect your high can be found in other plants. Like myrcene from mangoes and limonene from lemons..

Ginger has lots of home remedy, medical uses but what about industrial and recreational drug uses?

I need a few plants that do all three since it's so common.

Remember when I said about the purpose not centering around THC? That would instantly rule out recreational drug use as that centers around THC.. and pretty much all other natural drugs are only ever used as drugs, but we can't really talk about them. There is one natural unmentionable that has both drug use and medical use.. but if someone wanted to try to take it and find industrial use for it, they probably could.. but as I've repeated like a fucking broken record, those plants already have a solid use and there is no point in trying them for anything else. If people did, I am sure that they would find they can use it how they want.. but there is no point.

I don't know how else to say it.. other than just flat out saying it and hop that you don't ignore it because it doesn't confirm to your bias feeling on weed.. but there is NOTHING unique about weed other than the THC. Meaning any purpose you find in weed that doesn't center around THC can be found elsewhere in other plants.

So again, pick out specific uses that don't center around THC and I will find you examples of plants that can be used for that purpose.. remember, an example that doesn't center around THC.

And just so you don't forget.. looking for an example that doesn't center around THC.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but you should provide an example that doesn't center around THC..

7. LOL @ "The Religion of Marijuana."

The Commandments of The Religion of Marijuana:

- Thou shalt never admit that thou smoketh just to get high
    - Thou shalt always exalt other uses -- real or imagined -- above getting high
    - Thou shalt defend and expand scientific "associations" as irrefutable evidence of marijuana being a wonder drug
    - Thou shalt vigorously deny that thy lungs were designed to inhale anything besides air
    - Thou shalt roundly bash and trash anyone who disagrees with you
    - Thou shalt always proclaim that Marijuana is a gift from some Big Invisible Man in the Sky

. . . I can't think of any more right now, I have to roll a joint. [​IMG]

8. I'm all about religion and purpose, but I'm gonna have to side with the majority on this one.

I bring up Papaver somniferum (aka the opium poppy) as a counter point. The things that come from this plant have legitimate medical uses and can get you high as well, but they can also kill you to death. It has nothing to do with divinity. Cannabis could have evolved any number of ways. We just got dealt a lucky hand when it evolved into an herb that has pleasurable and beneficial effects with minimal drawbacks.

9. What the hell?

You're moving the goal post.

Weed is unique not just because it has a psychoactive element (like THC).

Plenty of plants are psychoactive. Plenty of plants have various industrial uses. Plenty of plant have medicinal uses for serious conditions.

But how many plants are highly useful IN ALL THREE AREAS???

Again, find a few.

and they don't need to have THC. Just lots of industrial uses, lots of medicinal uses and a psychoactive use.

Should be easy considering weed is just another plant. lol.

Dude, lol, you're being way too obtuse due to your emotional bias for weed.. If we were in an alternate reality where the only difference is that corn has THC and weed does not, nothing would change with your posts other than swapping the word weed with corn. If we were in another reality where grapes had THC, every word 'weed' would be swapped with grapes.. and GC would probably be Grapecity.

Asking you to provide one specific use is far from moving the goal post.. not even sure how you came to that conclusion. Any use that you pick that doesn't center around THC, I will be able to find you a plant that you can use. Hell, you can turn grass into paper.. or make rope out of pretty much any vine plant. You bullshit and say it's moving the goal post because you don't want me to prove to you that weed has no unique properties other than the THC.. that's just go against your emotional bias.

11. No if you added THC to grapes or corn it wouldn't be cannabis because they wouldn't treat cancer, AIDS, neuropathy, seizures, MS, PTSD, and dozens of other serious illnesses.

You compare cannabis to corn and lettuce then call me biased?

I simply asked for you to name a few other plants with lots of industrial uses, lots of serious medicinal uses, and is also psychoactive (doesn't have to be anything like THC).

Either you can do it or you can't.

First, I need to thank you.. thank you for reminding me that reason and religion mix like oil and water.

But.. even though I actually didn't.. how does comparing corn and lettuce to weed make me biased? Biased towards corn and lettuce? Are you fucking dense? I am on a god damn weed forum and consume more weed then I do corn or lettuce. It's just I am not an idiot and let myself getting emotionally attached to a plant because it makes me feel special.. but I will grant you this, you are special. Biased towards corn and lettuce over weed.. lol, what the fuck.

The amount of psychoactive plants in comparison to the entire plant kingdom is low.. probably less that 1% of known plant species are psychoactive, so right off the bat.. you are limited in terms of finding a plant that does all three. Thing is.. you could do whatever the fuck you wanted with them. Coffee for example.. we use it to make.. coffee. There is no point in trying to taking a coffee plant and trying to turn it into a building material.. or trying to turn it into a biofuel.. or make paper out of it. It's purpose is already widespread. There is tobacco, widespread purpose of smoking.. but if you were determined enough, you could turn it into clothing.. or biofuel.. or paper.. or building material.. or rope.. but there is no fucking point because it already has a solid purpose.

You keep asking me to find a plant that is used for all three.. but guess what, weed isn't really used for all three either. It can be used, just as much as pretty much any other plant can be used.. but my clothes aren't made out of hemp, are yours? My paper isn't made out of hemp, is yours? The blocks holding up my house aren't made of compressed hemp, are yours? So no, your precious weed does NOT have all those uses.. it can be used for them, but.. so.. could.. any.. other.. fuc.. king.. plant.. I know you formed a religion around weed.. good for you, but that doesn't mean you should throw reason out there window due to your emotional feelings for a plant.

PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM. Psychoactive? Check. Medicinal properties? Check. Industrial? Pharmaceuticals are a multi-billion dollar industry, so check.

Weed is great, man. No one is refuting you there. But you're putting it on an awfully high pedestal. As a soon-to-be medical professional, I should point out that HIV patients should be reaching for antiretrovirals before they light that joint. Weed helps with AIDS wasting syndrome, cancer SYMPTOMS, and chronic pain; but it should NEVER EVER be used in lieu of actual interventional medicine. Cannabis HELPS, but is best used to counteract the less-than-pleasant side effects of things like chemotherapy and radiation treatment. It is NOT a be-all-end-all, and it would be nothing short of deceitful to advertise it as such.

14. You're wrong weed shrinks cancer and grows your dick

15. Chamomile.

16. Well to be fair, it does grow my dick. That shit makes me horny as fuck!

17. Its also used in the cooking industry...people have world famous poppy seed rolls and bread but it does more than just that in food...

18. #38 -13 Amp-, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    i wanna play too...

Tobacco
    Medical- Nicotine is an anti-inflammatory agent and has been shown, among other things to prevent and treat Alzheimer's, as well as delay the onset of Parkinson's disease. Can also help with insect bites and rashes

Industry uses- can also be made into paper, and other used than smoking (chewing, snuffing) can also be compressed into blocks and building materals (but no one would, same with weed) it can be used as a great insect repellent also...

Psychoactive- Can give you a really really strong buzz, relaxes you and calms you down. Its full of more than 3,000 endogenous plant organic and inorganic chemical compounds that prevent the breakdown of monoamine neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin and thereby increase their availability...it make you feel good...

Yes, that's another thing lost to the members of The Religion of Marijuana:

Treating a disease or condition is NOT the same as treating the symptoms of the disease or the side effects of another drug.

20. You're obviously biased against the idea that weed is a miracle plant.

and if you think any plant can be used in the same way as hemp you should just shut up right now because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

You actually think any plant can have thousands of industrial uses? Are YOU fucking dense?

The founding fathers grew hemp for a reason. They could've grown anything and they chose fields of hemp.

Why do you think that is genius?