Does weeds medical use imply something divine?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Messiah Decoy, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Think how old people who avoid weed end up getting high before they die.

It's like God wants us to acknowledge the plant one way or another.

2. Probably because old people have more problems that it could benefit

Yeah I don't get the point either. :confused:

4. I'm asking if there could be a divine reason cannabis has medicinal uses.

5. No, it's a plant that happens up get you high

But the high isn't like cocaine or heroin. It actually alters you perception and helps you appreciate the world.

Then you have hundreds of medicinal uses. Why did God or nature attach that purpose to something that's meant to be only a party drug? 

7. #8 iAmBetty, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    You're assuming there's a purpose. There doesn't have to be, things just works themselves out. The plant could have evolved that way to stop animals from eating it, and it just happens to not stop every animal

Edited for rambling

8. lots of plants have medicinal applications, this one just happens to get you high as well so win/win

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

If you just have hemp and medicinal uses you'd have a plant that is begging to be used by humans.

Then you have the fact that it toys with your senses and perception of reality. There's something definitely special about this plant.

10. #11 iAmBetty, Jan 24, 2015
    Yeah, the fact that it gets you high and helps with illnesses. I'm still not seeing how you got to the conclusion that there is some divine purpose.

There are thousands (millions?) of different types of plants. It's not so hard to believe that one or a few of them just happen to help us out in one way or another if ingested properly.

11. Yes I have the exact view you do. Definitely something divine. One night I was high and all of a sudden I felt like the world had exploded into a sun of good feeling. Then, the dark room lit up and some mystical majestic looking man appeared. He said to me, "you are solved, now just sit here as I make you eternally awesome." So he squatted over me and was pushing out what I thought was excrement, but it was pounds upon pounds of the best weed anyone has encountered. To this day I'm convinced of marijuanas ultimate divinity

12. #13 Tokesmith, Jan 24, 2015
    Yes. Just like snowflakes imply God.

13. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwWoBd3uSk

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Praise weed Hallelujah!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

You will be hard-pressed to find very many that will stand up to actual scientific tests that prove it to be of some benefit. If you do, then you have the sliding scale that even drugs made under very precise conditions in a laboratory fall into -- Do they "help" 30, 50, 70% of people who take them? -- and out of those they do help, do they get 20, 50, 80% relief from symptoms? -- yadda yadda yadda, nothing is black and white.

Sure, there are endless anecdotal examples of pot fixing this or that illness or condition, mostly promoted by stoners -- who are obviously biased. And very few of them (from what I see) have any understanding of the basic principles of The Scientific Method, that "correlation does not imply causation," etc.

These stories are of little value in the real world.

Besides, there is no big invisible man that lives in the sky and creates plants to get us high. :D

16. Aside from the THC, there isn't really anything unique about weed in comparison to the plant kingdom. Hemp is a plant that had it's "use" taken away during illegalization.. so it doesn't really have a specific use, leaving it open to be tested for anything and everything. Thing is, you can find all sorts of use from a plant.. so if you look for it, chances are you'll find it. Cotton has a use because it was never illegal, but since it already has it's own use, no one looks for other uses for it.. but you can do all sorts of stuff with cotton. You can make cooking oil from it's seeds, you can turn it into a biofuel. Hell, you could even turn lettuce into building bricks if you wanted.. might not be as efficient as another plant, but you can still do it. Also, the majority of mind altering/medically beneficial ingredients in weed can be found in other plants.. their terpenes. It's just THC amplifies the effects of terpenes, which is the only unique aspect of weed. If God were real, he'd want us to acknowledge the benefits of ALL plants and not just focus on one cause it makes YOU feel special.

17. I am a little higher after reading the OP

18. And a lot of ailments that occur later in life are also solved by the many infinite uses of the cannabis plant, almost as if it were there fix the diseases so often set on by age, like a refueling to forget and keep fighting. I see your view pretty clearly, a lot clearer than most of the stoned are seeing it.. I've thought that for awhile.. But it's prohibited because 'mankind' is greedy and chooses wealth over wide spread health benefits. Since the world is run by the flawed minds of mankind who's ever gonna see it for the real value? What's the value of cannabis gonna be when inflation soars through the roof? Still worth the price? Or worth less than dirt? It's a plant that each person should have in their garden like a main staple of a diet to 'keep the Rx doctor away'... My view any way.. But I don't think it's divine, I think it's more like a match made in heaven 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum