Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

residency paperwork for CA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by buckrunner, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Hi folks,

I just relocated to CA from another state and am looking at getting my medical card.  It's been 25 years since I touched cannabis, so I'm a bit nervous but i think it's worth the effort.
    Without going into details about my medical issues I'm wondering if folks could provide some guidance on bureaucratic ones.  I've got one of those 'good problems to have' in that my employer is covering 100% of my housing and utilities costs until the spring.  However, most dr's seem to require some proof of residency and I'm not sure how I'm going to provide that when I don't have a lease and I'm not going to be receiving any utility bills.

So far the only official documentation I've received at my new address is some retirement plan info.  I of course have my (out of state) drivers license for identification.

Is there any chance that a facility would accept something other than a lease as proof of residency?  I can certainly wait if that's required but would prefer to set my pills aside sooner rather than later.
    Thanks!

Buck

2. Call the doctors office and ask

3. #3 Rhymesayers420, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015

you need a california state ID or drivers license...
    some places will let you get away with using a temporary with the OoS ID that they punch after you apply...
    applying's not hard, just set an appointment and skip the line; all you need is a valid address they can send the permanent one to. 

if you're planning on going back to the other state in a few months or more, I'm sure you could re-apply in you old state after you move back with no major ramifications. 

use weedmaps and/or yelp to find a well-rated cheap doctor to go to and you're set.

I was living in Texas and visited CA two months before I ended up moving here and got my rec with a temporary ID & old ID all in the same day (the day I got off the plane lol). Of course I ended up moving there so it wasn't a big deal but just to give you an idea of my experience on the subject. Anyways, do what you will with this info!