Spider mites?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GrowMechanic, Jan 24, 2015.

1. I discovered what looked like a small Amber colored liquid on my plants, just in a couple places. They look similar in color to a spider mite but also looked quite big.

Unfortunately I removed them or I would post pictures. It almost looked like a resin type substance but I am paranoid that it may be spider mites starting.

I have tons of ingredients left from my organic soil mix and I was wondering what may help in maybe a foliar spray to rid them of what may be these spider mites.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 1/2 cup of kelp meal to 3-4 gallons of water, depending on your agitation method (air pump or hand stirred). Agitate for 24 - 36 hours and use as a foliar spray after straining or as is for a soil drench. 

Or you could always adopt a preventative IPM routine involving neem oil and/or other materials on a regular basis. Much easier to prevent problems from occurring than to take care of them after they appear, especially with plant pests.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/982164-whats-neem.html

Read this ^ then head on over to the no till thread, read up on what others have adopted and do what works best based on your own situation.

3. #3 sisterwilliam, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015

Wondering if this amber substance was sticky and sap like when you removed it??? The reason I ask is because I have little balls of sap pop up on my plants from time to time usually on the buds!  These little balls of sap are sweet like sugar and the plants don't have any pests and are really healthy. My guess is that it's sap from the plant having a high brix level??? but I'm not sure...SW

4. And also if you could post pictures that would be helpful...

5. Doesn't sound like mites to me. I'm thinking more like a sap something or other as well, but picts would help.

Peace!

P-

6. Definitely not spider mites

7. Thanks all, plants are all looking healthy no more signs of this sap but I'm guessing that's what it was, maybe signs of high thc to come >:)