Mopheads Purple Closet Adventures

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mop420head, Jan 23, 2015.

1. madness ima have a look now!! :)

2. Not bad!! I wonder which is better, 2 300 s mars hydro or one 400 mars ll I want to get a stronger light but always wonder if its better to just keep buying the ones I have I will need maybe 3 more lights before I'm truly happy well more like 900 more watts it seems like by time I harvest I need one light per plant when their that big

3. Im pretty sure you'd be pulling a lot more power from the wall with 2 of the 300w lights because they would each pull around 150 watts where as the mars ll 400 pulls 180-200 watts.
    However the mars ll uses 5w chips which get better penetratiin through the canopy than the 3w chips inside the 300w lights. You have the white rectangular shaped mars light correct?

4. #550 mop420head, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    Ya those 5w diodes are what I'm really after. My black stars have 3w, been running two of the 135w, so probably about 75 true watts each. I added two 23w cfls into the closet for now. So I'm looking at about 196w in my closet right now. So a Mars 2 400w is about that, but has better penetration. Damn I need 200 bucks.

Anyways, put the blue cheese in a solo cup of soil, was already starting to stretch but I buried the stem. Broke off a blade of my moms aloe plant and she gave me a rooted piece so I planted that yesterday out on my porch. Anyways gave the blue cheese a little bit of aloe in her water. Excellent source of growth hormones and enzymes for roots.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

5. Yea man definitely need those 5w chips only thing that sucks is the 2'x2' footprint but if you combined the mars ll with your black stars I'm sure it would DO THE JOB right. Haha. I just bought a marshydro 150w reflector too. Gonna use the 150 for the veg side of my new tent and the 400 for flower.
    I've never heard about the aloe for growth and rooting man. Thanks for that info. I have a pretty large aloe plant so I'm definitely gonna try that.

6. Right... So the mars 300 takes more power to run and the 400 is less power n better penetration? What about coverage?

7. No the mars ll 400 pulls 180-200w at the wall and has a deeper penetration. Coverage is 2'x2'
    The marshydro 300 pulls 150 -170
    (I think) I know its around 150 though. The 300 has better coverage than the mars ll with 2.5'x2.5'

8. Hows it going everybody, got a new video up that shows whats up in the closet at the moment.  Got a sweet ass soundtrack too lol thanks to my amazing video editing skills haha.  Anyways, videos are slowly getting better.

http://youtu.be/AhFLFoFwW9w

9. yeah  video quality seems to be stuck at 240p..what softwaer are you using to render the file?