What Ratio In Soil Mix?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 839659, Jan 23, 2015.

1. I'm preparing a pot for my next grow and this is what I have to play with :

Natural soil (translated description) : dark, airy soil with sand
    Perlite
    Coco Coir
    Peat Moss

So in what ratio do you all think I should mix all of this. Haven't chosen a pot but it's prolly gonna be a small to medium one. I'm planning on keeping the plant at 20 inches.

I have liquid nutrients but not sure if I should use them cause the soil is rich in all kinds of stuff and I don't want to burn the plant.

BTW I did a test run last summer, killed the plant right when it started flowering tho, but there's one health issue I don't understand so I'm posting a picture. I used two 90w cfls on it but my next grow I'm using a 240w led.

So in the picture some of the leafs are pointing upwards meanwhile the others are pointing down. I didn't use any reflective material. This must be because of the positioning of the lights, right?

Also as you can see in the picture the tip of the leafs are discolored, any idea to why this is?

I did not over water it and the humidity was so-so. I may however have used a wee bit too much nutes.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. How do you know the soil is rich in nutrients? Is it an organic mix? What's in it?

No idea. But it is organic, there are pieces of wood in it. That's a good sign, right? I thought all natural soils were rich nutes. I know however that there are others around here who have used this soil with pretty good results.

4. Too much bark can make the soil acidic, which is not good for cannabis. A few bits here and there is fine. Where did you get the soil? You should try and find out what exactly is in it. If it's store bought, it probably has enough nutrients for the first month.

5. where do you get this soil from? and no not all natural soils are rich in nutes. What soil are you referring to that others have used?

Your plants new yellowing looks like it may be sulfur deficiency based on the description of a sulfur deficiency. 

The mix you listed is mainly inert, with the only nutes would be coming from this "natural soil" which I don't know what the hell you mean by that. But the plant looks fairly healthy so I would just add nutes when flowering. mainly P and K

Unfortunately I threw away the original bag and switched to a black trash bag and the website don't have pics on the back of the bag where all the info is.

This is all the information I could find on the product (including from their website)

Contains a lot of "dark peat"

Appropriate for flowers that either need a lot of nutrients or nutrients over a long period (they also say it's appropriate for plants that require a nutrient buffer whatever that means

Appropriate for all plants (they also name the flowers pelargon and begonia)

Nitrate nitrogen 120mg/liter (it's a 50 liter bag / 1 gallon = 3,7 liters)

Phosphorus 149mg/liter

Ph 5,7

Degree of humification H2-4, H6-8

An independent reviewer rated the ph (scale 1-5) 4,5 and nutrients 4,2

And I found a local Cannabis growers forum where they swear by this stuff

7. #7 Deleted member 839659, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

I bought the soil from a store.

I bought several bottles of nutes for both veg and flowering from an online cannabis growers store but I don't think I'm gonna use them until the flowering stage or if the plant shows any signs of discomfort.

As far as I know the soil contains nitrate nitrogen and phosphorus with a ph of 5,7.

edit : So I did some more research and apparently this is considered to be the best soil in the country. And although it's used by people all over the country for everything from vegetables to flowers when I Googled it's name some of the top pictures were of Cannabis plants. So I'm pretty sure this stuff is suitable.

The only thing that remains is the ratio of the aforementioned ingredients. Moss, coco coir, perlite and soil. Should I add anything else? I've heard that you're supposed to use a lot of coco coir, is that correct?

Also this soil contains manure (although it doesn't smell at all).

8. Bump. Still haven't gotten an answer to the ratio of the mix.

9. 1/3 good organic soil or compost
    1/3 coco or perlite
    1/3 peat
    amend as necessary or just topdress as needed.. Dont overcomplicate it
    and dont forget the lime

Cool I'll do tht, thnx.

11. Yea that soil looked pretty rich the first time i saw it...but whats the name of the soil?

Hasselfors P-Jord (P-Soil).

It's a Swedish brand.

13. Nice, its probably good stuff considering its European