Tortilla in Bud Bag

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Algore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Anyone else ever put tortilla in their weed bag/container? I live in a humid area so maybe that also has a slight effect on this, but I've noticed that over the course of several trials after added torn strips of plain flour tortillas into a bag of buds for just a day or two added approximately 10% more weight to the buds and brought some more life to 'em kinda. I just used them on this outdoor strain because it's kind of old and it worked really well. Other people even thought it was dank, when really it usually tastes meh.

Was just wondering if anyone does that or has heard about it. Works pretty well for me, and I know people use orange peels and stuff but that's too much humidity, can result in moldy bud. If you leave the tortilla in a bag and just forget about it like I did for around a month it did result in mold. Just gotta smoke it regularly.  

2. #2 Sade, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    worded a little roughly but I wouldn't want a tortilla mixed with my bud. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wow. You are one thrifty gentleman.
    I use that last term as loosely as possible.

4. I wouldn't cause you're introducing mold spores and crumbs and shit into your smoke. I want to smoke weed, not a tortilla.

Best way to keep your bud fresh is store it in an airtight mason jar.

5. #5 Algore, Jan 25, 2015
    Well you see, the thing is that not a single person on here cares if you need to act tough through the internet because that's sad enough as it is. All I'm trying to do is explain that tortilla is a simple way to bring some more life to old buds, usually helps the taste while the tortilla just sits in the bag for like two days. The tortilla never comes in contact with the weed. No oils, no crumbs, no nothing.

Wow people on this forum get so hostile so fast, exact reason I stopped using this in the first place.

6. I keep the tortilla separated and not touching the weed. No crumbs are breaking off of the tortilla through the process. I pretty much always just keep my weed in a mason jar but if it's kind of old or really fluffy I'll put some tortilla in the bag and it has worked quite well. I guess I thought this might be interesting to some people on here but everyone always immediately shuts people down and denies any value in their ideas. Can't wait to see the waves of insults coming after I post this.

7. i'm not trying to act tough i'm just telling you exactly what I would do

8. #8 Algore, Jan 26, 2015
    God this forum really is one of the worst communities I've ever seen, not joking. Everyone thinks they know everything already and aren't willing to try to understand new concepts. What a fun few traits to have.

That's what the report button is for. Us mods are few and can't possible read every thread, let alone every post. Think of us as gardeners. You spot the weeds, report it and we can clean up. ICGreen

9. airing out your buds will maintain it fresh, you don't simply put weed in a mason jar and let it sit.

10. #10 InkOnMyFanLeaves420, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    First off ... a tortilla is made from flower .. which molds quickly... second off that's not weight your getting that's oil from the tortilla... third off your smoking EVERY chemical they use to keep the tortilla fresh... which is disgusting... you want danker bud .. tastes smoother and smells better.. recure it ... drop 5-6 drops of water into a 1/2 gal mason jar and fill it up with bud ... burp it every 3-5 days for a month .. your bud will come out pristine .. it don't raise thc or cdb or cbn but it makes it taste how its supposed to .. and its natural ... no cheating no lieing , no moldy food products ... just a bunch of clean bud ...

You too need to read the rules, we don't promote violence here. ICGreen

11. #11 InkOnMyFanLeaves420, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    This isn't a bad community ... closed minded people seem to jump to conclusions when they are tested by people who think about the entire picture... Your failing to realize tortillas go bad after a week after being introduced to the air borne bacteria in your house... which starts mold growth immediately ... this mixed with the natural sugars in the tortilla and buds then mixes with the moisture and spreads to every one of those buds ... for the trick to be effective you have to do it for a month which means your 3 weeks past expiration of the tortilla... put a hamburger bun on the shelf next to the tortilla in the sac and see what the hamburger bun looks like ... same mold .. except your bud is sucking up the mold ... thankfully most of that mold and bacteria is burnt off the moment you light it .. but if someone is smoking a joint they are gunna introduce that same bacteria to freshly opened pores in their lungs ... increasing the chance for an upper respiratory infection ... and the orange peel destroys thc ... so yeah you add weight but the citric acid breaks down thc molecules the moment its introduced and it tastes like shit ... anyone interested in fluffing their product instead of being honest shouldn't even be in the game ... quality and honesty is worth way more than 10 % weight ... congrats on the extra $28 an ounce ...

12. I don't sell weed. thanks for the explanation. yeah I've seen enough of this community to know that it's pretty bad compared to others. half the people spread opinion as fact, and aren't willing to try to perceive other peoples arguments. And a large portion are here to brag and insult others and act superior for knowing a little bit more about certain subjects. That is exactly why this is a bad community.

13. that's crazy because i haven't seen any of that .. at all .. period.. I have seen some immature people make an ass out of themselves.. I have seen people say stupid things and get stupid answers... I have seen people blame entire communities for their lack of ability and willingness to deal with confrontations... I have even seen morons posting about illegal activities giving vivid detail ... but I am still yet to see this entire community act that way ... its a forum ... not a textbook , not a tutorial, or a class...Its a website designed to have people post what they want to post based on topic.. I post from research and experience... as a matter of fact I have been 100% satisfied with my experience here... While we are on the topic... who has a gun to your head making you log on ?  Are you in danger? do you not feel safe in your home environment? didn't think so ... you choose to log on .. you choose to reply ... there are alternatives to this forum... why don't you head over to them and quit killing all our vibes ..

14. Yes I will spend time on other, better forums where half the community isn't a bunch of middleschoolers talking about nothing. I'll be using a forum where people actually debate instead of acting superior to one another because people on here feel the need to boost their ego through the internet. Enjoy the "community"

15. #15 ajroxit, Jan 29, 2015
    for the record, telling it like it is doesn't make you a dick. acting like a dick makes you a dick. that is why that guy called you a dick. because you are acting like one, not because of what you said. 

fun and jokes aside, all you are doing is contaminating the bud you have. no matter what you put in the bag. end of story. i have on numerous occasions had to use orange peel and lime peel to get some pretty shit weed into working order. the problem is that people always put way more of what ever it is they are using then is needed. you want just the tiniest amount of moisture / oil to be in / on / around the bud. and even then you don't give it to people or sell it to anyone with out full disclosure of what you did.

i mean, back in the day the Tijuana brick shit weed was at times the only thing around and the 80's fucking sucked up until 85, 86 or so when i got a solid, killer connection. so it was a known fix to throw in some lemon peel, lime peel or orange peel. also it could help more expensive bud hold its quality and flavor for a much longer time. i don't know about you guys now, but when i was 14 or 15 i was far from rich. you could only mow so many lawns and shit, you know what i mean? lol.

i have known people to pull a dick move and add weight by adding sugary substances at certain times of the grow and cure, so as to make better weight. not caring that they fuck up the flavor and the quality of the bud. even full well knowing that it fucks with the quality but do it anyway because of being a greedy bastard. i am sure that is why Bluebuds was so colorful and animated in his responses. because he, like most of us have been burned in a way similar to what i described or heard stories. greedy fuckers have been know to add abominable types of shit to recreational substances that have strait killed a person since the time said substances have been around.

now i am a legal card carrying patient for medicinal marijuana and i recommend that you become one too. or at least when you have the opportunity. it has given me access to products like i used to read about in high times back in the day. i just got this stuff called TAP OUT: blue moonshine. it is one of those amazing creations of top shelf bud, hash oil and kief. it is sooooo fucking stoney. i bring that up only because it has been contaminated too, only in a fucking awesome way! 

toke on!  :metal:

16. It's the "city", an bye bye!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. you need a good cure on your buds. and by placing them in appropriate containers you can continue said cure. as crazy as it is, a long cure can do amazing things for mediocre bud let alone what it does for premium bud. 

18. yeah I know no more tortilla lol. I've never cured weed just since I don't grow or sell. You talking about just letting bud sit in a mason jar for a while? how long would you do that for?

19. there is more then just letting it sit for a while. but yeah, that works too. however, you do need to "burp" the jar every once in a while. as for curing it depends on what the bud is like when you get it.
    * more then likely your bud will mostly to completely dry and will be ready to let it sit for 7 to 10 days at a time. open the jar only to replace the air inside at the 7 to 10 day mark.

** or your bud might be slightly moist and quite dank for which you would open thee jar every day to replace the air inside then re-close the jar until the following day. keep doing that until the bud is mostly to completely dry. when it is, start doing the step above.

*** or your bud is done with the hanging / drying stage and you need to start your bud in its first turn in the jar. now at this point it looks like it is dry or mostly dry, but it isn't. it is tricking you! when you put it into the jar for the first time it will get goopy like in a very short amount of time, as little as an hour depending. you need to keep opening the jar and replacing the air inside every few hours to start until it gets to the slightly moist / and quite dank stage. at this point, start with the step above! 

at stage *** your bud will start getting funky. that super funky dankness!! it will smell amazing and super strong. just remember to crack the jar at the appropriate time and DONT FUCK WITH THE BUDS!!! be gentle with them because every time you jostle, move or bang the buds inside together they lose tricombs. i mean you can just collect the yummy stuff at the bottom of the bud for alater consumtion so it is all good. 

i have, by accident left an once in a mason jar for 8 months. now i didn't crack the jar like i should have but it still turned it into something amazing. i have also taken mediocre bud that i purchased from my guy and let it cure into something wonderful as well. there is something amazing that happens to bud when it cures properly. it has been quite a lonnng time since i have put any growing time in at all and i might have forgotten something or maybe things have changed. but as far as i remember it is really that simple to do. it is the patience that is hard.

there is a ton of great info here at GC. just use the search feature and look for "curing buds" or something simmiliar and i am sure you will find what you are looking for. good luck bro  :metal:

20. O.S.S. would've handled this