Purple train wreck / Blue dream 2200w flood n drain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Go check out the journal it's got all the details I feel you'll be excited about the race when you see my contestants and there mode of transportation haha

Grow journal aero 4400 watt scrog

2. It's the one in grow journal not the aeroponics forum wasn't getting any feed back switched over to indoor gj

3. Hey bunny, can u put up a link? Can't seem to find it.

4. Ok how do I do that im on my mobile I think I need to hop on my pc

5. Copy /paste i think

6. #48 jerryg420, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    Day 3 of a planned 5 day veg.

Current temp 82. Too f n high

RH 37%

PH 6.0

PPM. 1200 +/-
    I added some gh camg+.

Ph raised. .1

Res is full.

Height / some appear slightly taller than yesterday. I guess I'll start taking measurements to be a lil more specific.

Journal entry : All babies seem to be pretty happy. They all remain perky and seem to be getting nicely established. I've been working on getting my pump timer dialed in. It would help if the dials were remotely accurate. My temps are obviously still too high. My car has been in shop so haven't been able to get to home depot. However, i was able to get my cold air intake flowing and my co2 level has been steadily at 1500 ppm.

To do, get my ass to home depot so i can get the ducting hose to connect my exhaust from the lights working. Also, think i have a bad ground or a short with my pump. When i put my ph meter in the res, it goes blank. If i take out a lil res water with a cup, i get accurate reading. Anyone???

Attached Files:

7. Looking good, jerryg420! I have never used a timer for a pump, but I do use a timer for my light. I used to have one of those old school dial ones where you press down on the nobs for the dark hours and push up on the nobs for the light hours. It worked, but it was difficult to get accurate start times. For this grow, I broke down and bought a digital timer and WOW, that's the way to go. Not sure if they have the same thing for pump timers though :)

-TPM

8. So i have a question. I was recently wondering if there is a difference between plants that go from veg to 12/12 and plants that have a 48 hr dark period. Think purplemonkey and i were recently pondering that notion. Since all my babies are in the table, i can't do a side by side with them. However, i have two big girls in buckets that I'm gonna finish out. Would it be accurate to compare the difference if there is one between the two???

9. One more thing, apparently you can't have a sump pump plugged into a power strip. I guess they give off a low level current which was throwing off my ppm meter. I bypassed the strip and went directly into wall and all good !! Yay!

10. This is the timer for my pump, don't ever buy this one. Works great once u get it set. Getting it set sucks!!

Attached Files:

11. #53 jerryg420, Jan 28, 2015
    Day 4 of a planned 5 day veg
    Lights on 24/7 or is it 24/5?

Current temp - a beautiful 72 !
    Made it to store n got my exhaust hooked up.

PH 6.4

Ppm -1230

Co2 ppm - 1500

PH went up .4
    Good sign. I'll bring it down to 5.8-5.9

Water level is full. I did add a gal or two last night.

Height - lil fuckers started visibly growing. I can see the new top growth and the few that i measured have grown between 3/8 - 1/2 inch.
    The best I've ever seen has been 2.5 inch in 24 hrs. Hopefully I'll get in that neighborhood soon.

Journal entry ; again, I'm pretty satisfied with the way things are moving. No drooping, no downers, everyone seems to be happy. Well actually thats not true. There is two or three that were questionable from the beginning. I wasn't sure if i should put them in or not but gave them a shot. Two don't seem to be taking off so i may pull em if not. I can always use the space.
    I finally have my temp under control. Yay!! Its a sweet 72 and im loving it!!

To do; i have to build a screen still which I'll put about 8 in up from tables surface. I'll lollipop everything under screen and train everything above. I'll order my phresh filter n fan next week sometime but as of now, odor isn't an issue. I am loving the heat that is coming from lights and blowing into my heating ducts, which is essentially heating my home. It's like 1 degree outside today so gotta take advantage..

Attached Files:

12. Things are looking fantastic over there jerry!! What's the temps in there while lights are out??

13. #55 jerryg420, Jan 28, 2015
    Thanx Bunny !!!
    Lights aren't ever out yet. However, the room they're adjoining stays around 65 so I'd expect the room to do the same. I've decided to start my exhaust hose from the hole in floor, sucking in cold air, then going through lights and blowing into my heating ducts. That way I'm not exhausting my co2.

14. Ooo I figured you dry ran It before you started. I'm curious as to what you temp drop is? And how you manage it? im getting the final hoods for my room tonight and I'm also using co2 so trying to get some insight. im hoping like you, circulation from one cooler spot in the co2 rooms will handle it also. It's mighty chilly here also so I'm hoping that help to save propane!!!

15. What did you think of the journal I'll be updating tonight after I finish mounting new hoods. So it will all be caught up.

16. Awesome setup! Subbed

17. Hey bunny, my compliments on both your journal and your set up. I think you'll see some pretty good results. I'd give my left nut for the space your working with. So jealous.
    Couple questions, did you get your ventilation figured out ? You said your using co2, what's your source? Burner, tank, ect? Second, why did you choose Aero? Definitely not typical for first timers. Why did you go with the duo?

I probably should of posted this on your journal, and you said your running 4 k... Is that in the bloom or combined total for both rooms?

I once brought back PPP from Switzerland and only got one feminised to pop, she was just getting going at three weeks old and my dog ate her,. Classic dog ate my homework.. I was so bummed. Glad to see your having better luck with her then I did.

18. I'll do a really detailed update tonight. I don't wanna interfere with your thread!! Thank you I appreciate the compliments. As this is my first hydroponics grow i as I always do refer to myself as a beginner. I have harvested several crops in soil both indoor and outdoor. I chose aero for the turn around time I want to see an extra harvest in a year. This is my main reason. I was torn between rdwc and aero for about 3 years about a year ago I decided rdwc wasn't going to fit my needs. So I started saving and studying and have finally now got all the pieces for an aero grow. Thus why I'm so excited to see what you and a few other setups are gonna produce!!! Again my thanks and your garden is beautiful!!