Purple train wreck / Blue dream 2200w flood n drain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Thanx steel!

2. Here's something i haven't seen before. You'll have to zoom in to find it . You'll find an almost mature seed on a plant that has just recently started to throw pistals and show sex. Seeds typically take two weeks to grow and mature and also usually grown inside of a bud on a flowering plant. The strain is Krackin, not publicly available yet, cross of the purps and another strain I can't think of now. I'll post it when I do. Ironically i have a male Krackin that I'm collecting pollen from that is the donar. So gonna have F2 !!!

Attached Files:

3. I haven't ever seen that before. What makes it do that? And what is a F2? I've heard the term used but I'm clueless lol

4. I guess the Best way to describe is 1st there is the parents or (p) then comes the children of the parents which is F-1. If you then breed together the children, you get F-2. And so on. The difference is huge between 1-2. With the f1 you will get many different phenos and usually little consistency. With the f2, they really lock in the genetics and are typically much more uniform and consistent.

5. How many times is it standard to breed the children in order to make a genetically stable pheno?

6. Here's some chill Factor pre trim shotz. I'm gonna try to trim now but I'm really hating on trimming at the moment. If I do manage to get it done, ill post some after pix tonight. Or I'll put em up in the morning.

Oh ya, typically by F 3 or F4 you have a pretty stable and consistent strain. Usually F1 is where the pheno hunt is. You find the best of the cross and then lock in those traits or characteristics with each subsequent generation

Attached Files:

7. Post trim chill Factor
    A truly beautiful strain. Heavy, chunky, stinky and frosty as a mo fo! What more could you want?
    Haven't tried it yet but look forward to checking it out! Gonna start curing now and prolly sample in a week.

Attached Files:

8. Damn Man looks good.
    Finally made it home and everything is over grown right now trying to figure out what we're going to do.

9. Better to be overgrown than under !! .......Usually???

10. Haha thanks man, I'll be setting up the flood tables this week and cutting clones tonight. I'm thinking of pulling two plants out of ebb and grow SCROG and turning them all to clones. For the tray

11. That might be the better way to go for the long game. Especially if you have only a couple large plants. Scrog em, clone the fuck outta them and finish the couple in the scrog.

12. So I have to say that the addition of the 300 watt LED was somewhat disappointing.
    Half of my table was exposed to the light and the other half wasn't. There was some degree of difference . The Led side had an increase in density and slightly larger nugs. But I think i would of gotten that result with more watts of any kind. Regarding potency, Terpene profile and resin production, i have yet seen any difference. I'm not knocking the use of LED, in fact i do see potential in terms of reducing energy consumption , saving cost on bulb replacement as well as atmospheric control (lower temps). I was hoping for a lil more or a lil better from my advanced platinum but may still purchase LED next time i have to add some watts.

13. #453 jerryg420, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    Here's something a lil bit interesting. First a few years ago i created a new strain. My very first fairly successful breeding of a northern lights strain.
    Not me! 1438819968018.jpg The very best NL I've personally come across and I've nun numerous NL strains. Not totally sure of it's exact origin but it was Super dank, fast and the most productive indoor strain I've ever seen. Unfortunately it was a NY clone only. Woulda loved to make F2's but being clone only i had to cross and decided to cross to a white skunk. No pix of that one. I called my offspring "organgism " going with a sexual vibe. So the crazy thing is that I think i unknowingly dropped a couple beans off my back deck. Then out of nowhere, i had a few sprout! A huge surprise to say the least. I gave them almost no attention, but my dogs had other ideas and were very much focused on them. So much that they ate them down to one leaf three separate occasions. . I just about wrote em off but they had other ideas and wanted to do something. So now with very little attention from me, they are really takings off. 1438819784047.jpg 1438819796664.jpg 1438819809831.jpg 1438819833768.jpg 1438819846453.jpg

One is def fem, the other i think is male but won't know for sure for couple more days. Fucking thing is rocken so starting to think i should hook it up n c what she can do.

14. That's really cool! If you decide to grow it out, will you be able to tell what strain it is for sure?

15. Ya man, i am very familiar with the "organgism " strain i created. I've really thought a lot about this and am pretty sure that's what it's gotta be . I never have bud with seeds unless it's from an intentional breeding of mine. All my other seeds are vaulted and accounted for. So I don't see any other possibilities. One funny thing is i have one girl on my deck (Minion City Diesel ) that I've given the best soil, protection from my dogs, all the best nutes, full sun ect and the "accidental plant " is doing just as good, arguably better. Too funny!!

16. That's awesome just shows that these plants WANT to grow as much as we want them too!

17. Well i ran a lil test with my organgism strain. My seeds are about three - four years old and wanted to check on how viable they are . I also recently came across this theory suggesting that you can tell sex by seed characteristics. 1438906880211.jpg So I planted four in this tiny lil pot with four spots and very little soil. According to the illustrations, three should be male and one female. I put the girl in the center and the males surrounding with the intention of culling the boyz and letting the girl continue. 1438906901457.jpg 1438906918149.jpg 1438906936821.jpg I was very skeptical about this being true but also hopeful. Unfortunately it seems to be full of shit. Of the three that were supposed to be male, one actually was a boy and two were girlz. The tallest one is the boy. And the female was a female. So i don't feel like doing the math at the moment but the % of accuracy isn't great . It's pretty interesting to see how big these fuckers got with such little soil and root space.

18. Hope this one doesn't get cut off

Attached Files:

19. Aye bro do u think I could run hydro with well water being my water source

20. It's possible as wells vary. I've done it before with great results and at a different spot i had mucho problems. My best advice would be to get a detailed test on your water and see whats doen.