Purple train wreck / Blue dream 2200w flood n drain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015.

1. You are moving right along Jerry !!!

Loving it !!!

I love HSO gear. I have grown their BlueDream, Chemdog, and Trainwreck . All turned out fantastic. 

Have a great weekend !!!

2. Thanks happy! Do you remember how many days your blue dream finished in? Ive tried most hso strains but this is my first time working with one.. All excellent genitics. Some of the very best

3. #23 HappyFarmer, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015

I took mine @ 65 days....

Around 75 after the intial 12-12 switch. 
    I start my flowering times after they get going intially, I don't really count that 7-10 day limbo period in my flowering schedule.

4. I'm really hoping to finish em in no more than 65 days, preferably 60. We shall see i guess!

5. Its go time !!!. Holes have been cut. Babies seem ready to roll. Think they actually grew last night as they are . So i guess I'll consider this to be day 1 of a five day veg. Buckle up.... Here we go!! I'll post another pic once they're in.

Attached Files:

6. So i decided to play it safe and run like 20 cycles of mad farmer oxygenater at a very strong mix to make sure there is no bacteria. One of the negatives of my system is once they r in, they r pretty much there to stay. There is no treating individual plants . All for one and one blah blah....
    That is some strong shit!!!! (oxygenater)
    Anyways, that gave me the opportunity to set my timer for my pump. The dials on that thing aren't even close !

Attached Files:

7. #27 jerryg420, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    Nutes!!!
    Here is what I'm starting my veg with. My roots are pretty well established and since im only gonna veg for five days I'll start pretty much at full strength at close to 1000 ppm.
    You'll notice i don't stick to one line of nutrients. I kinda pick what i like from multiple manufacturers. When i first started this, GH 3 part was the only nutes on the shelf. They didn't have supplements or competition. And honestly, my end results were amazing. Quality was comparable to anything I've had since. I'll admit that size has definitely increased since, resulting in better yeilds .
    I really like sugar daddy from BC. i also like big bud from advanced. However I'm thinking bout trying out terpinator this time around . Anyone have experience ? Also, I'd like to throw out there that any and all complements are welcome, i mean "comments ". Seriously, I'm open to any suggestions or critiques.
    Forgot to add superthrive into the picture, which I also consistently use at a low ratio.

Attached Files:

8. Day 2 of a 5 Day veg
    24 hr light

Current temp - 82

Humidity - 28 %

PH - 6.1

PPM -1100

PH change from yesterday +.2

No change ppm.

Water level - full 22 gal

Height - 4 to 12 in. With average 8.

Journal entry - everything looks OK. My temp is too high and I'm not using all three lights yet. Ive been alternating between the center 1k and the two end 600s. None of the girls have shown any sign of shock or stress, no limping or drooping, so thats a great indication that everyone is happy.

To do, got lots to do still. Gotta get the c02 , exhaust set up and working properly. Still have to get my fresh air/ hepa filter goen and have to decide if i wanna try to DIY a carbon filter or buy one. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

9. I'll be right behind ya jerry just waiting on some roots!!!! Day seven anytime now. I like the rig can't wait to see some plants on it.

Speed Is Key

10. I looked into doing a diy figured I'd rather cough up the cash for one of the important parts activated carbon is not cheap and by the time I was done changing my mind four times and settled on a design I was the same price as a can filter so I'm buying one let me know if you have any ideas.

Speed Is Key

11. Hey bunny, so i agree. I'm gonna get a phresh filter. They're not that much and its worth the cash.

12. I was gonna say earlier also that if your rotating lights you should fire you second set which ever it is i.e. The six hundreds that you fire them up completely and warm all the way up then cut your 1000 lighting is funny I'd hate to have you get some nards bc of a heating issue. In complete honesty I'd work on getting the venting and cool air intake established. Circulation if it's co2 filled air or just fresh air needs to be below eighty as a good rule of thumb for me at least. it then takes out an issue of when lights are off and temps fluctuate over 18 degrees f* in the off light periods manage while its at full power to make it easier all around.

Speed Is Key

13. #33 HappyFarmer, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

Absolutely. I swear by Phresh filters. I have bought several cheaper inline fan and filter combos. The fan always worked great..the filter...not so much.

I switched over to phresh filters and it was great, Cleared my space great. In fact I  also a had a pretty square guy that I worked with put one into his man cave. He smokes stogies and his wife was always complaining. It worked awesome in there too.
    They are also nice because the are not extremely heavy. 

I am all for DIY and sometimes it's the best route, but when it comes to filters....its worth the extra $20 you are already going to spend and have a good one made proper.

14. Ya, completely agree. I'm in the 500 cfm neighborhood so i think on ebay i can get a phresh for bout, 140 delivered. This is a critical component to the room n i don't wanna fuck around for a 50$ savings. I'll gladly spend the cash. Piece of mind is priceless!!

15. Jer how they looking thinking you'll veg longer?? Or gonnA go for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I'm definitely going for it.

17. It's deceiving when you see how small they are, cause you think you should wait until they grow a little bit more. But I've made that mistake one too many times. I pulled one out and the root are already going crazy. That's what Is most important to me right now cause as i see it they are getting themselves established. Once the roots are sufficient, they can take off. If i didn't see what i saw underneath. I might wait. But i know they r gonna rage from the day i cut the light to the day they start showing nugs.

18. I'm gonna push out for a week min veg maybe two hoping aero is what they claim on speed! I've got roots it's been 7 days. Would love to lift and show but it's impossible ill post some root shots tonight with a weekly update . Headed over to bloom room soon I'm gonna catch us jer. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422369514.019667.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422369538.686575.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422369158.200173.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422369426.139292.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422369437.736061.jpg

Gonna catch you jerry*

19. Bring it on bunny !!!
    Sorry i can't wait for ya, but i gotsta keep it moven!
    Clones look nice and healthy. They should hit the ground runnen. What strain r u working with ? How many are you gonna do?