Purple train wreck / Blue dream 2200w flood n drain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered using LED's as a way to control the temps and not need to use all of the fans, ducting, and keeping the electric bill down?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I've seen a few "test runs" sponsored by Led manufacturers which to put it simply, wasn't very impressive. Multiple issues. However, this was a few years back and it's my understanding that things have changed / improved. I've been looking into a co "advanced " and am presently ordering a 300 w Led. I think the claim is to replace a 600 HID. i think I'll just add it before I start to replace. See what kind of difference it makes. I've seen "bleached " looking nugs coming from straight Led grows. But I'll be able to give first hand info from this run

• Like Like x 1
  3. looks fantastic jer our room is all down and packed were making the big move not a final number yet but looking around a solid 8 not too bad with the soil girls we are confidently over 8 and we got over 2 a bulb rough guess at .88 .90 gpw sorry I've been not maintaining my journal been extremely busy. Just wanted to say I love the new run looking to be another good one. I'm happy to see the new temp management. I see all your new strains any recommendations on a pair that will do well together same soup kinda like what you have we do two strains one soup? Looking to add another system in our new house. Keep up the killer work

Grow journal aero 4400 watt scrog

4. Hey Bunny, stoked to hear you did so well last run. Those are some legit numbers, especially for being a first time with that setup. Not bad at all. Are you planning another run this summer or waiting for the heat to pass? This one will actually be my first summer run in years and still planning on shutting down for july and August.
    As for strain selection, I've found that blue Dream is a really heavy feeder , resistant , extremely adaptable to training of any kind and grows like on a mission. Not to mention the power and taste of the smoke. Somehow it continues to get stinkier by the day as i continue burping my jars. There is no bag or amount of bags that can contain the smell. Makes travel a bit challenging. Only thing is it's a solid 9 weeker and really packs on weight at the end. As much as I like the purple train wreck, i think I'm gonna be looking for a replacement. The ptw finishes in 8. I could go for heavy Amber and stretch it out another week but most likely I'll replace. I have an up and coming strain "bubble queen " which is a indica dominant. She come from IRG. supposed to be the original Indiana bubble gum, super producer , beautiful taste and i think the word
    " confusing " is in its description , describing how powerful it smokes. I've grown the original bg years ago, I've seen many imitations since but not the real thing. Hoping to have actually found it this time. I would highly suggest getting B Dream from HSO, i think their straight trainwreck would do well side by side , sharing soup. Also a powerhouse and she puts out nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I wanna smoke it all!

6. I'm trying to smoke it all!!!!
    I am really diggen the hazes.! I love the (locker room) funk that comes through with a true haze. Can smell it more than taste it. Getting really excited about my sweet black angel. Maybe next table. Hoping she puts out.
    I still don't have an exact tally for the last run. After trim, everything went into brown bags layered with shredded newspaper. And then into my big jars. Wish I had a scale that i could put the jars on. I just have been keeping track as I take from the jars, but I'm pretty sure I'm close to 3.5 .
    My goal this time is 4. I'm gonna order the 300 watt Led from advanced lighting and throw that in there. I'm not gonna have the two dwc off to the side of table this time. Those had to be easily 3 o's each. So I'll have to make that up and increase another 8 on the table alone. Should be interesting. Will be difficult but attainable i think. I'm also not using the t5 that i had over the dwc s last run. I may put one of my mutated krackin off the side of table, still trying to figure that out.
    Oh ya, it's day 1 flower. Let's get this party started!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Big day for the big girlz! Blue Dream is on the left and purple train wreck is on the right . These things r crazy.
    So looking forward to seeing what they do outside.!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dude those things are already trees. They're gonna end up being 15 feet tall and yielding 3 pounds each 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Day 3 flower. 12/12
    Ppm's 1100
    PH 6.1
    Temps 65-82
    RH 20-45 %
    Height,, still gotta measure to get an exact but the have visably begun to take off . Really saw very little change during the veg week but it seems to be on now. I would guess an average of about 12 inches. Again, I'll get an exact later. I had something strange happening and was getting a lil yellowing and had to pull a small handful of affected leaves. I usually never have to pull any. Maybe some residual cleaner from the rocks? However, it seems to have passed and all new growth looks as it should.

To do - need to replace my flow valve for co2.
    Set up screen
    Last run i used house and garden line nutes as base. This time I've been using general hydroponics.
    I need to decide weather to go back to h &g or stick with GH.???

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. So what made you decide to try a different brand of nutes this time around?

11. Actually the last run with h&g was the switch up. I've used gh for 20 years. Kinda funny, when I first ran hydro, gh was the only nutes line on the shelf. Now there is countless different lines. I've tried a number of them and haven't been impressed, with the exception of house and garden. I wish i could do a side by side. I guess running this journal and comparing with the last one is as close as I can get. I have enough of the gh for an entire cycle so i think I'll use it up and try my best to compare to the last one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. What other nute lines have you tried? Ever tried any organic bottled nutes? I'm using technaflora at the moment and I'm not really impressed. It's my first grow and what I'm doing is about a million times smaller than what you're doing, but I want to be able to use good nutrients that I'm not worried about every time I put them in my reservoir. Specifically I'm wondering if you've ever tried blue planet nutes?

13. Oh also, I forgot to mention that I've heard fantastic things about GH but they just got bought by Monsanto and I can't bring myself to support those evil bastards. At least not knowingly. I'm sure I do in a myriad of ways that I'm not aware of, but I'll do my best to change that as much as I can

14. Never tried blue planet. I've heard both good and bad. Never used technaflora either and same there, good n bad.
    Funny you mention Monsanto, i heard they bought h&g. ? F n corporate America taking over the world!!
    I've heard very good things about the Humboldt line. Been considering that one lately. Lil pricey. I've tried some bottled "organics " but never completely because they have their issues.

You should post some pics and show your grow.

15. Day 6 flower. 12-12
    Ppm's 1200
    PH 6.2
    Co2 13-1500
    Temp's 64-82
    RH 20-50%
    Average height is about 12 inches. I gotta go back and compare to the last run since I've very obviously smoked my memory. They are stacked ! Its 12 in with many nodes and branches.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Day 1 of week two....
    No, that doesn't sound right...
    Day 8 of flower, day 15 total.
    That's better...
    Shits getting real now, starting to see two inches of growth in a 24 hr cycle. And it's not like a typical stretch with a ton of node space. These ladies are stacked from the base to the tip. Completely full and tight lil bushes.
    Some bad news, my Khalisi and my MCD (minion city Diesel) both are males. F n bummer!! So both got pulled today and i replaced the MCD with a Krackin. A very new strain that was only harvested last week for the very first time. So that one should be interesting. Also, it is somewhat mutated.
    My two big girlz are having a tough time outside. Had a frost a couple nights ago and today it's 90. Also the transition from indoor DWC to out dirt hasn't been easy. The Blue Dream has started to recover and find her groove. The p train is still struggling and is questionable if she's gonna pull through. I'll post some pics soon.
    All momz r rocken! I'm really diggen the sweet black angel. Been doing some training and playing with her and she's been responding really well. Again, pix coming soon.

First two pics are the male Khalisi. Will be gone by tonight.

Attached Files:

17. Day 15 flower... Day 22 total
    PH 6.1 +/-
    PPM 1350
    Temps. 64-82
    RH has been below 50% up till now but seems to be creeping so its time to break out the dehumidifier.
    Growth rate has been strong, hopefully height starts to slow. Nugs are poppen up everywhere. Time to lollipop!
    I've already started and finished what was in reach. This week i plan to finish.
    Started using terpinator today, a few weeks earlier than last time.
    Outdoor stuff is doing OK, purple train wreck has pulled through but she started to flower so i'm trying to get her back into veg.
    I'll update momz and OD tomorrow
    First pic is a mutant krackin, thinking male, know for sure in next day or two. Second is bubble queen. Def female. And third is chill Factor, also female and doing quite well.
    Followed by table pix.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I always love seeing your updates bro. Good stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I love seeing all these updates as well... It makes me wonder why the similar setup I have is 30+ days in and I got nothing, your new guys are already further along than mine.. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated? I would have PM you but I can't for some reason

20. I'd like to be able to assist in any way I can, but to do so, I'd need to get as much info as possible as there's endless variables.

Just realized my pix look like shit. I'll put up better tonight.