Purple train wreck / Blue dream 2200w flood n drain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015.

1. How many are going in the table for the next run? And waft was your dried yield on the purple trainwreck and blue dream??

2. Haven't yet finished the trim. Really missing the good ol days with a couple naked hippie chix goen to work on a pile of nugs and.... Other things !
    Blue Dream definitely outperformed the purple train wreck in quantity but the purple finished faster. The purple is also much prettier so far . I'm thinking the upcoming table will be more blue Dream heavy but will leave room for the ptw.
    Now that i have some degree of experience and understanding of these genetics, I'm leaning towards controlling side branches and going for more tops. Maybe three per sq ft putting me in the neighborhood of 50 ish. Clones are already starting to shoot up in the cloner so i gotta get my ass moving with table prep. Just been soo tied up with trimming.

3. Big ass Blue Dream top piece

Attached Files:

4. Jesus that thing is enormous 😳
    And I don't blame you about missing the naked hippy chicks experience. I would miss that too 😂

5. Super productive blue Dream.
    This is one of the fatter girlz from the table. I'd guess somewhere between 3-4 o's dry ?

Attached Files:

6. Dude I can't believe what you did with that table in just over 2 months. I'm amazed

7. This is why I'm gonna go a lil heavy with the Blue Dream for the next run If i can manage to fill the table with tops like this i would be extremely happy. It'll be interesting to see what the dry weight of that lil monster will be. I let that one go an extra week just to see what it would do. It was already pretty big, surprisingly it kept growing aggressively . I still have no idea what my total is it's been challenging to trim and prep the table and maintain all my momz, babies and clones. I ordered a couple wide mouth glass jars that are 4.75 gal. Will be much easier to cure rather than using a hundred lil jars. Unfortunately they're taking forever to get here. I'm already days late getting the table going and time is tight being that I'm trying to beat the heat. So i may have to put the trim on hold to get the table goen.
    Roots are raging in the cloner , many of my babies are ready to step up and get transplanted. I'll try to update all that in lil while.

Attached Files:

8. Damn dude that's a full time job you've got going on with that operation! That would be just about the best job I could think of 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Damn dude, that's a hell of a bud. That thing looks delicious.

10. Thanx man, looking forward to tasting. Full smoke report coming soon .

11. Still got some trimming to do.
    Have i mentioned that trimming sukz?

Attached Files:

12. Hey mate.. I see you are doing as I am doing, just in a much bigger scale. Someone was telling me that running a table full of clay balls was intact not the way to go but I've done it before with great success... Just wondering what the benefits of styrofoam covers are?

13. Hey goon, I'd say that whomever told you that was talking out their ass. I've run this system for many years with great success. I use Styrofoam for stability, blocking light access to the root zone. Also when i have babies on the table, the surface is reflective. Also helps hold rock into place as i completely fill when I flood and i fill quick with a big pump. Shit will move the Rock if there's nothing there

14. Blue Dream is on the left. P train is on the right. BD is already outperforming. The purple is fucking amazing. Purps are typically disappointing, not this one.
    Blue Dream is really powerful, tasty and puts the smell of locker room funk in the air. Coming from the haze. You don't really taste the locker room, more like blue berries.
    P train taste like grape berry.
    Very similar to fruity pebbles

Attached Files:

15. Yes I thought it was a bit odd as I've used the balls heaps without issue

16. This is what was written:

"Aside from the fact that clay pebbles break down (and in this amount may well affect pH & ppms, and wear out pump bearings), filling a tray with them creates other problems, especially when growing multiple plants in one tray.

The solution I use is to use individual net pots, and instead of clay (been there done that), I buy polished ornamental rock from Dollar Store. They do everything clay does, do not slough, AND once plant is harvested, are easily removed from the roots , cleaned, and reused"

17. #257 jerryg420, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    Again, it's shit ,for one clay has no ppm if it was to break down. It also has no effect on the ph which should be monitored and adjusted daily regardless.
    I've been using the same pump for 7-8 years now and still going strong. Not sure what " other problems " are but my guess is more inaccurate speculation .
    Sounds like they're using the same technique with something from the dollar store as an alternative.
    I'm in no way suggesting the clay is perfect. It's a bitch to work with and horrible to clean. Especially if you're going to reuse. But their "suggestions " are simply BS.
    I first used clay in '96..

18. Yeah haha... Thought it seemed odd. I've never had any issues. He never replied to me afterwards either so I think he was just talking out his arse.

19. Hey goon, what kinda set up are you runnen ? You said similar to mine? Got any pix?

20. Making progress! Should be good to go shortly

Attached Files: