[UPDATED] OgKushMatic/KeeblerKush 1st Grow Journal 1/15/15 Still learning.. Help and tips are always apreciated.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OgKushMatic, Jan 23, 2015.

1. #1 OgKushMatic, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

Ok so me and the Wife decided hey let's stop buying and start growing..
    We are so new and have read things and seen vids. We just joined today 
    Grass city.. The germination tips work great for us.So now we are on step 2
    We have planted them in Organic Soil vegetable and flowers. We have grown tomatoes with
    that soil. They are popping out. Now I have a saltwater fish tank that I broke down
    and put it in my indoor closet space. 

A little info on my timeline
    We have 27 seeds from variouse types I have taken out of my buds,
    27 Seeds germination process on day 1/15/15
    27 Babbies are in flower pots 1/21/15

Now I have some questions ?

1. Can I use my coral lights for the grow its 4 t8 bulbs ?

2. I have small gnats a gardener of veggies said I can put some soap in my spray bottle ( Distilled Water ) is it safe any recommendations ?

3. Now that they are in a room and in individual containers. What light time do I use like in hours. ( Heard its 24hrs for the first month ) ?

Again we have no idea and would like some advice and tips. Also for the record its for personall not distribution which is askign for THE LAW ,
    Lord knows we don't want that.

I will update as we go Thanks..

And here are some pics below... Day 1/22/2015 .

Attached Files:

2. Why are they in a fish tank?

3. #3 killset, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    1 plant per container, your screwed if 1s a male and the others are females. Also they'll fight each other, for lights and nutrients. Seperate them now before the roots tangle. Maybe I'm mistaken but that 1 container ( yellow and orange print on a semi clear container) looks like it has 5 plants in about a half a quart of soil.

4. 3 plants in one pot is possible but bigger pots are going to be necessary

5. The fish tank shouldn't be there..if anything it just restricts fresh air from getting to the leaves. A fan blowing on the plants would be much better than sitting in the fish tank

Its in the fish tank because I have a canopy top with lights and fans I use. It will go on top of it and fans will be on also for air.

Ok thanks we will seperate that big bucket now and carefully.. All other plants are 1 per container , the big bucket is the one we are going to seperate.

Will it be fine if i keep in tank but with lights and air blowing in through the fans ...

Thanks for the response and feedback..

7. You need air lots of air flow, get rid of the fish tank. You'll be better off with them just on the table. Your lights aren't going to be enough anyways. What do you have there? 20 plants or so? Throw away half for males that leaves 10. That's a pretty good size grow, you'll need a lot more equipment. Unless you're planning on light starved tiny ass few gram plants.

8. Is that soil from your outdoor garden? Container gardening requires the addition of an aeration amendment like perlite since there are no worms and other beneficial life crawling through it to provide that. Same reason we need to add wormcastings to our indoor soil.

Clear containers are no good, I've even had trouble with transparent ones that I bought at the garden center. Algae will destroy your roots. How will you transplant the ones that are in that hexagon thing? Can you push them up from the bottom? Can't really see flipping it over to get them out, unless you've got banana hands to catch them all.

You need more light than that. Personal grow for 2 people... I'd go with a 600w. It can be stressful growing in a non-medical state, especially if you've got a lot to lose. It's nice being able to grow enough that you don't have to constantly have plants in your house, take a couple months off and enjoy your stash. The lights you have now would never supply a habit, much less 2.

9. Might need a carbon air filter if you have some neighbors...

10. #10 james.wolverine97, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    Well I don't know about the soap water trick whether it will work, but it could react differently with different plant it could be toxic for the plant for all we know. Rule is 100w per plant and that's actual watts not equivalent, get some soil and mix it yourself don't listen to people saying you need special soil made for weed, I mean yeah sure it would be good as the soil has been tested over several years by people and they got the ingredients right but once you mix your own and get the quantity right, it will be fine. What I did was I got some soil just for seedling and germination which is easy gentle and light and increases germination and allows the seed to poke out of the soil faster (which it did too around 12hours) yeah no kidding.  get some perlite, get some slow feed compost and peat and mix them together on ratio around 40/40/20, peat/slowfeed/perlite.
    Now the method I told you about ^ it is more expensive correct, but you get tons of soil for like 4-5grows even it's cheaper in the long run than buying soil twice for 2 grows (ready made).
    I'm not sure about the fish tank though seen as you're trapping fresh air only allowing air to come from one direction just leave them out. Get a fan or air vent and duct (you won't actually use the vent until like 3 weeks) the smell starts around 3-4weeks as I understand.
    People here will tell you anything that you need to invest in some expensive hormones expensive soil that you need coco etc... by some expensive PH down or PH up liquid solution but all that is junk, just to be safe leave your water 24 hours before using, I've got a 2Litre bottle I've filled and just left and I use the same water until it finishes, but that all depends on where you live the water in your area might be different or not clean or its PH might be high or low or even have chemicals in it find out from your local Gardner shop. Just be like I want to plant some tomato is normal tap water okay?
    End of the day it's what works for you not what works for people, experiment, whole purpose of growing your own is to save as many penny as possible, get some nutrition but don't feed till the plant is 3 weeks old or it starts to show sign of deficiency use tomato feed it's cheap, read this topic about "NPK" plants need it http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/understanding-npk.
    If you do decide to try the soap method try it on 1 plant first seed how it survives I'm not sure on the effects due to the plants being very young. 
    General light rul is 18 hours on 6 hours off veg stage and depending on your seed when you want to flower you switch to 12/12 unless you have an automatic seed which will flower on its own after some time even if you dont switch your light. 
    Any question that comes to your head stupid or not ask or google, a question is only stupid if it isn't asked the more you know the better, nothing fancy.

Thanks alot you cleared alot up so I will have updated pics later..

12. You should really read a book, and I'm not brow beating, here. I started my first grow on a whim, and I was able to take her through harvest but learned the hard way all along. So the bad news is that you'll probably fuck this grow up. The good news is that if you learn on the fly, you'll probably get some smoke out of it. The really good news is that you two just stumbled upon one of the greatest hobbies ever.

Once you become familiar with the life cycle, your yields will go up, and you will be able to consistently produce product better than you'd find on the streets. But you're going to have to invest some capital to get there. I'd say $500 or so, depending on how resourceful you are. But, then again, if you don't know what you need (from not reading the book, etc), you won't even have a chance at being über resourceful.

Start on ventilation. Get an exhaust fan and a carbon scrubber and make sure your plants are getting fresh air and that you have somewhere to exhaust the stale/hot air. One of the cheapest tools you can get is a combo temp/humidity gauge at Walmart. You've gotta know your temps and humidity.

The next thing you are going to want to obtain is a good HID light. Your shop lights will be fine for the first two weeks or so, but eventually they are going to need more light.remember, a plant's number one source of food is light. Good luck mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I agree with duke. If you don't read and research a lot about what you're doing, you won't even know what too ask about. There's a lot more to it then just any soil and a small light. Especially with that many plants.

14. #14 OgKushMatic, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015

Ok so thanks I have been busy this past day working and now this is what I have.

I got rid of the fish tank and added a air purifier it gives out good air till i get my second air source and then my carbon filter thing.
    Anyways we now have 300 watts of light grow lights with correct lumens to mimic the sun.  What you guys think o and also I shrunk my plant size to what you see now....

They are in seedling state im guessing and im leaving on this light for 18 hours on 6 hours off.

Any reason I should change the light hours and what you think of them now guys.. Me and the wife been at this lol ...

Ok here is my updated pics as promised my nice little first grow timeline hehe..

Babies just had a water mist nice and feeling good they must be feeling like me --->   :bongin:

Attached Files:

15. Looks good.

I hope most of these are regulars not feminised, because that's a lot of plants and if you're not automatically going to be throwing about half of them out, you have got a big job on your hands.

Keep them clean, well ventilated, don't worry too much about humidity temperature is more of a concern usually.  Avoid watering or feeding them excessively, that's the easiest way to get in to trouble with seedlings is to put them in lovely new soil then feed them every other day.

18/6 is fine, anything more than 18 of light is fine you can have 24 hours if you want or 22 or 20 or 19.  The important thing is, when cannabis has 12 hours of continuous darkness that's when it starts to flower.

A small amount of hand soap in a squirt bottle (mentioned above) is a harmless trick for some bugs, but once the plant starts to produce flowers you don't want that soap reside left on them when you smoke it. Other chemicals too, you can use more things during veg but you don't want to be spraying pesticides on your buds.

It doesn't have to be complicated, you don't need any magic pH juice or special water or nutrients. Common sense is important, and it's just a plant at the end of the day.  I suggest you plan to throw half of them away as males, decide how much space you have and what is their maximum final height can't be more than, and then when the time comes stick to your plan even if it means throwing away one or two females (weaker ones if you really have to).  You'll encourage mould and space problems if you don't have the room so you're better off ditching a runty female if it leaves a little extra room for a vigorous female.

Sounds about what I will do but if I have more that are female i'll see what happens lol ....

Anyways thanks....

17. Do you know what strains the seeds are? Do you know what strain the bud was when you bought it? The fact that it had seeds in it is no good sign, doesn't comment on the quality just the person you bought it from.

It would be better if you buy seeds from a seed bank. They're pricey but you can grow one plant and clone it then clone the clone and just keep going on like that. It's all about quality.

18. unless its hemp seed,ive never grown a bad seed.take what you got and make the best of it.thats how you learn.mexican swag is just abused stuff,the genetics is always good.

19. #19 evilcookie, Jan 25, 2015
    your looking good now dont worry about the sex right now thats atleast a month away. For the moment get a ph tester and a ppm meter keep the ph between  6.0-6.5 for ppm see chart below. at this stage just use strait up water no nutes or they will burn.

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250 
    Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

(chart copy from another fourm)

20. #20 painterdude, Jan 25, 2015
    When I grew bag seed I grew two per pot knowing all the while at least one plant from each would be plucked and discarded after sexing. And if I wound up with two females in one so be it. I would either grow both or pluck one. You live and learn with each grow. It can be a lot of fun. You'll learn as you go. And ask as many questions as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum