Organic grow purple og #18

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dizzyDnutz, Jan 23, 2015.

1. The main reason I was told not to use it in my soil was because it can "choke" the roots, which makes sense to me.

The info on AZ you posted sure does point to the refined form as being more detrimental to the micro life.

I guess it just comes down to the reason you would actually be using it in your soil to begin with. I was using it for gnats and as a preventative after I wiped out root aphids a couple years ago.

I think if you were running bottled nutes I don't see any issue with using it in your soil. For the living soil growers though it would be a bad idea for sure to kill any micro life.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can use neem seed cake in your soil. The plant up takes this and uses it by itself. I have been to India and seen these majestic trees, they are huge , with seed and leaves all underneath them , if it was affecting the soil I do t think they would be growing so well.use diatamious earth as a powder it will soon get rid of any nasties . I sprinkle it around the edges of grow room as well to deter bugs crawling around .not the pool stuff though, it has been treated.put it as a layer on top of pots to stop bugs breeding in soil . Good luck

3. Ok I got the spinosad and applied on both upper and lower leaves. I'm confused when you said 3 to 4 times ever 3 to 4 days if im only supposed to do when lights off?

Apply once every three to four days (24 hours in a day).  Apply three to four times, using the 3-4 day interval in between applications.

5. I think my problems are turning around plants seem to grow faster and look more alive and I don't see more leaf damage than what I had. Yay! I will be applying at least one more application to rid of these lil bastard incase they are not gone yet. Thanks for your help! Was thinking of making some tea for her. Any suggestions? I have kelp, neem,ewc, bio-tone,crustacean meal.

6. #26 BHamBudzNW, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    Neem seed meal, kelp meal, and silica "tea" is never a bad idea IMO

7. #27 waktoo, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015

My suggestion would be to leave your plants alone.  No need to apply anything more to the soil unless your plants are telling you that they're lacking something.

Remember to stay vigilant with that Spinosad.  Just because things are looking better, you MUST be sure to break the egg laying cycle, or those f*ckers WILL come back.

8. Sounds like great advice waktoo. Thanks as always.
    I just have always used water only and have never made any teas before so I don't even know how about doing so. I do have buckets and air pumps on hand tho.

9. Use Amazon if you can.

10. pulling up a chair. got some pog18 on thier way now.

11. #31 dizzyDnutz, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    Great!

12. Any results thus far? Lol my ass has been researching and getting shit done!

13. Here's my lady purple og #18 she's a killer. Smells like a knock out as soon as you enter the room. My scrubber can't keep up lol. But that's ok.

Can't wait til she's done. Should be first week of june.

Have had numerous help with different ways in the organics pages,doing alot of research and reading in forums. Thanks to all who have helped me. Sorry it has taken awhile to get back to this. My apologies.

Made a 'sip..er' or 'swickpot' for my smart pots and won't look back. Since I've done this my soil stays nice and moist and my plants look explosive.

Attached Files:

14. looks nice
    ill post a pic of my girl

15. here is my girl.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. I don't have much experience growing, but never had any problems with pest while using Cannacure. In my case i apply it once a week as a prevention, however you can do an intensive treatment to get rid of your problem. Look it up!
    I read neem is also very good, never tried it thou.

17. Got neem in the grow and top dressed but not sure maybe I'm just not completely dialed in yet. Chopped down n done awhile ago tho good strain loved the high wish I kept er going