Organic cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dizzyDnutz, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hey all I was wondering about cloning in organics. My main question would be is that I'm doing it in a clone machine and am wondering since it's organic that I'm into now if anything changes with the process? Do I need mycorrizae or however you say it or do they root fine on their own in the organic soil. I wait until they have good amount of roots obviously but I heard somewhere I needed it to clone in organics. Anyone have suggestions or any tips?

2. #2 Greasemonkeyman, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    its not necessary, but that being said I only use fresh aloe for my cloning.
    The MSDSs on the clone gels/solutions are scary... warning against inhaling, or getting in the water or skin contact... that shit scares me... especially since I can use aloe with pretty much the same success rate.
    Use a bubble cloner and then plant in straight promix  (I like party cups)until they grow at least an inch or two, after that then you can go to an actual amended organic soil.
    But promix is good stuff for clones

3. Nice thanks for the input. I also hear you say aloe? Meaning straight from the plant? Or do you have to prepare it a certain way?

4. I have a DIY power cloner, and all I do is hold the fresh cut ends in my mouth while I trim up the next one. Swap those out out and pop the first one in the neoprene disc that holds them above the mist. That's it. I get close to 100% rooted in a week or two.

Once they have a good bit of roots they get transplanted into about a 1 gallon pot and I do dust the roots with mychos at every transplant.

5. if you wanna use a organic gel you can use sap from a willow tree :)

6. Have you done it without the mycos. Or is it nessasary

7. It will work without them, but using them makes sure you have the proper fungi working at your roots. With a good living soil, there should already be some in your soil. Dusting with spores just adds to that.

8. I'm always wondering if I have enough fungi in my soil. I'm sure I do as my stuff looks smells and tastes better than when I used nutes. Yield was better and everything. Less problems roo :p thanks for the tips and I'll make sure I'll have to soon enough pick some up. My hydro store stopped selling It tho so now I have to purchase online :/

9. By all accounts around here, BioAg VAM is the best. I have Mykos since that was what the grow store had, but I'll be ordering VAM when this gets used up.

10. Thanks ziggy. I'll be looking into that :)

11. I like to soak my peat pellets in aloe and coconut water and use fresh aloe gel for my cloning gel. Bam done.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I've done this quite a few different ways....aloe powder or fresh aloe "juice" works very well as a rooting agent, for soil, peat pods or "power cloners". Willow tree extract is a less concentrated version (salicylic acid) but works well too.

I would hold off on any application of VAM or any other microbial inoculate until you set them into soil.

13. I have an aloe plant.. can I somehow use this aloe from the leaf for the cuttings?

14. I wanna get rid of all cloning gels for my girls and use all natural agents. Aloe would be great to use.

15. #15 BHamBudzNW, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    4 posts up I explained I do that exact thing..

16. Haha yea but you use coconut water and aloe also. Was wondering if just aloe alone would do the trick and if so do I just squeeze it right from aloe plant onto the cutting then I'm done? I just wanna make sure I get it right.

17. I have used aloe gel only, it works fine too! But now I soak the peat pellets in the coconut water/aloe gel solution for an extra punch.

I usually just cut a 1/2" section of the leaf and "punch" the stem of the cut into the gel. But you can also throw the gel into a blender and liquify it first. Either way will work.

Bham

18. Yes, sorry I would have replied sooner but was out of town. Fresh aloe is PERFECT, cut a leaf off, and you literally stab the cutting in the aloe and let it stick there for a minute or so, I do that while I prepare the next cutting and so on, then when I take it out I kind push it in and out the hole a few times (get your minds out of the gutters gentlemen), anyway after it's got a nice little glob on the end and then I put it in the cloner and voila its done in 10 days or less. less or more depending on strains and such.
    After I get done cloning I "juice" the aloe leaf I used,  throw the gel in a spray bottle and spray the clones and all my other plants too.
    Off topic but my French lavender and my jasmine LOVE my aloe sprays more than any plant I've ever seen! Crazy

19. This is si great to hear! im guessing you juice the whole leaf with the skin? Also do I add water to this in the blender? Or just the leaf

20. you can do either way, i'd suppose with the skin would probably have more nutrients, but that's just a guess, that being said I don't use the skin, I don't have a blender currently, and i'll be damned if I contaminate my precious java grinder...
    No water to the blender but you add the gel to water at the end, I do one big leaf per spray bottle, turns out to be about 1-2 tbsp. of gel maybe a bit more or less depending on the leaf.