Closed minded

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trip_, Jan 22, 2015.

1. I hate that people think that people who smoke will amount to nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Why is this thread in GC politics?

3. I can think of several certainties about my weed smoking, but they would mostly just be the typical red eyes, munchies and trouble from law enforcement... 

Perhaps this is better suited to the philosophy section but I nonetheless agree. It is incredibly presumptuous to think that because a person smokes weed that they will never amount to anything.

4. Yeah this doesn't seem political

5. Only most of them will.

6. #6 yurigadaisukida, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    Most women will also ammount to nothing.

I think there are many factors

Obviously being a woman doesn't mean you'll ammount.to nothing nor does being a man or smoking weed

-yuri

I dunno though. Most losers don't smoke weed, but most weed smokers are losers. There's some kind of connection there.

8. #8 yurigadaisukida, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    I might say your observations are biased.

The taboo nature of weed naturally causes the non losers to hide their habbit. You only hear about the losers because the loser are the ones who fuck up.

This creates an artificial statistic that weed is connected to being a fuckup

-yuri

9. *everybody's*

You do know I smoke cannabis right? I'm not limited to who I "hear about".

10. I've known a lot of weed smokers over the past 25 years, and I'd say this is spot on.

11. How do you define "weed smoker"? Is it everyone who's smoked at least once in their life? Is it someone who smokes at least once a month? Once a week? Every day?

How do you define "loser"?

12. I had no idea ^_^

-yuri

13. Looks like a stoner crawled out of the Tokers Q&A section and ended up here. Someone direct him back to where he belongs, I wanna discuss politics.

14. #14 Rotties4Ever, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    Correlation does not imply causation

please say this in the abortion thread, please :)

Of course, but correlation can point to an array of intervening variables.

16. close your mind?

17. I amount to spelling

18. Oh it's political alright.  And with some, it's folks who just enjoy fighting for what ever reason.  Maybe they didn't get hugged enough as a kid.   

19. #19 Youngbudder420, Jan 28, 2015
    I used to live in England and around summer time there was a study that came out (we did it for my psych class couldnt tell you what beach). It basically stated that the increased sales of ice cream was directly correlated to an increase in drownings at the beach. Now the English government was ready to ban all ice cream trucks on the beach until finally someone with sense spoke up and pointed out that the increased temperature during that time means more people go down to the beach and with more people you have a higher affinity of people who could drown. Simple correlation may point out an array of intervening variables but if the bias of the correlation already has an agenda then the variables will also share that agenda. 

"I think" "from my experience" is just that an opinion based upon personal experience so it would be hard to pin down any sort of answer. We are seeing that there is a different culture with smoking now. Less of the smoker who is very 70's orientated in the sense they smoke just for the pure bliss of it and wants to do nothing with his high (of course there are exceptions) and more of a smoker who still wants to do something with there high and is more of a functional smoker but of course you still have the trademark stoner who does nothing while high except for eating oatmeal pies(mmmmmmm oatmeal pies :love: ) and playing games.

Although i can agree with the perception of stoners i think that the perception is going to rapidly change very soon (next 10 years). Just my 2 cents.

Youngbudder420 I got 5 on that 20 sack :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

20. #20 WeedCat, Jan 28, 2015
    Let it roll off you.  You know it's not true.  I'm still waiting for this to happen to me now that I'm 50. My husband is my best friend, we own a business, my teens are great humans, we build this house 15 years ago, we live in a sweet spot, and most of all we love each other.  There is much to be blessed about, no reason to be feeling bad.  Don't let the haters take up one more second of your life. Like one of the advanced members said on this thread, 'Too blessed to be stressed'