Yahoos closet scrog

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Yahooster, Jan 22, 2015.

1. u have a a lot of wasted light for just the one plant. I know u bought the fixture with a different set up in mind, but if your running just the 1 plant for now get some clip on cfls until it grows out a bit. Then switch back to that sweet fixture u got.
    is that a 4"or 6"fan? I have the 6" and im not running it at the moment. Bumping up to a slightly larger fan could solve your problem. 
    Is there a fan down by the plant blowing near the bulbs? I saw one in your tent pics but not the closet.

If you were looking to give the tent another try u might get better temps with all the bottom vent flaps (rectangle ones) opened and the fan running off that top vent exhausting to the attic.

My setup has to exhaust into the room its in. I have what I am guessing is 250 actual watts(a 400watt led panel and a 150 watt led) being cooled by a 6inch pc type fan until I hook the ventech back up. The little pc fan runs at 80cfm. It keeps my tent at a consistent 10f over room temp. With the ventech I can get it to run only 2f over room temp. I think u can acheive something similar with the correct configuration.
    Good luck with everything and u will be needing a filter at some point to keep the smell down once your plants take off!

I have a 4" 190 CFM exhaust fan in the attic sucking the air out the closet. Also there's a 6" oscillating fan blowing on the bulbs and the plant. I was thinking of using the tent as a veg camber for a perpetual grow but I'm trying to contain myself and just do a full run on this plant as it's my first grow... Although the thought of harvesting every 2 months is really tempting. 

I also have a filter for the exhaust when flower starts.  :)

3. Cool man. The first is the hardest as u get everything dialed in.
    you in the SF bay area?
    Only asking asking because of your name.

4. Lol nah I'm in Texas.

5. I made an assumption like u worked at yahoo out here or sumthin. Hahaha

6. Hey guys should I be worried about the light yellow spotting on the inner leaves? 

[​IMG]

7. Well I topped her today guys. Hopefully I did it right. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How's she looking?

8. Here she is at 30 days from seed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still not sure what this discoloration is on some of the leaves. 

[​IMG]

She's about 10" tall. I'm going to be installing the scrog probably after the next watering. Let me know what you guys think. Haven't been getting too much love in here.  :cry:

:p

9. howd it turn out?  My last op. grew too tall for my light so I'm going with a scrog this time around.

What do you mean how'd it turn out? So far so good man, as far as I can tell. Plant looks healthy, nice thick stalks.

11. She looks gorgeous man, wish i had the right soil, strain and nutes to get my plant looking like that after only 30 days from seed  :hello:

Thanks guys.  :metal:

13. I guess I meant from the date you posted last which looks like Feb 28.....thought you may have budded her by now.  

How is the Scrog method treating you?  I've seen people train a few different ways using this method and was wondering how you did yours.