High Evolution Rant

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Yea laypeeps get it all wrong lol. And any publication that calls it The Theory of Evolution doesnt help the confusion. Darwins mechanism for evolution turned out to be but one minor part. That was THE theory, now its a field from what I can tell.

2. Allow me to prove you wrong with math so simple that even a creationist can understand

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1-1-1-2-2-2= -1

As you can see when random variables accumulate over time, there is no macro change, only a net micro change

Evolution is mathematically impossible

-yuri

3. no.your opinion is not biased because atheism has nothing to do with evolution.

Even most religious people accept evolution as fact.

I really want to know how this.minority.of idiot chrisitans can seriously be so anti science. Its almost like cult brainwashing

O wait iit is. My.mom used to take me to her kind of church. Its not like a cCatholic church. They praise God with rock.music and advanced brainwashing techniques

-yuri

4. I would say the original mechanism proposed by Darwin is insufficient to account for the variety and complexity.

We see nonliving assemble themselves into complex arrangements without such randomness.

5. Look at the complexity of the nonrandom, nonliving.

Attached Files:

6. I take it from the nonrandom that that was man made? Trippy design either way.

7. No thats natural bro! Bismuth. I cant remember if the color is natural but the pattern is.

8. Just looked it up, the coloring is natural.. as well as the pattern, although the photo you have is of an artificially grown crystal. Meaning it was made by man. If something is natural, its not really non random. Patterns can naturally form, but do so randomly.. like snow flakes. They randomly form into crystalline patterns like this bismuth does. To say something formed naturally but non randomly implies there was a non random force behind the pattern.

9. I mistook your point, i thought you meant like designed. The pattern (as far as I know) is due to purely natural influences. Snowflakes are not random either, the basic hydrogen bond angle creates the six-sided pattern, other minute influences determine the rest. Just because we cannot account for all the variables doesnt mean its random. Kind of like waves on an ocean, its the cumulative effect of untold numbers of wave interactions, which appear random to us. Also, If i am not mistaken, tiny variations/imperfections in crystal formation are due to gravity.

10. Well Atheism is kinda inter twined with evolution. I don't accept any other theory... Not that I could, and there is no other viable explanation
    Most religtards I've met, do not accept evolution... They believe in creation.

11. There's always a simple equation, behind everything complex.

12. Seems legit, praise Satan! Thank you I'm no longer Atheist nor an Evolutionist :p

13. not really.

If God exists there is no reason he couldn't create evolution

Its god after all.

The anti evolution bit iis based on the literal interpretation of Genesis. So yea its a bit religious but most Christians aren't that dumb.

-yuri

14. I just don't see how... Religion changes to fit modern science... If you look throughout history, it clearly adapts to modern time... AND has a built insecurity feature saying unbelievers will not understand, convert or kill them and rape there children...
    I feel safe in saying that God is not real.
    Oh an most Christian\\Catholics I have know are that stupid... And indeed they do not believe in anything but creation
    The Bible is a crock of bullshit, Cobbled together by insane men and pushed by tyrants...
    Damn I'm high as fuck

15. Yuri, I think most are that ignorant.

If man ever becomes sufficiently advanced, we will be able to create life forms. If nature can do it, and we continue our ability to manipulate nature... why not? When we create a new form will we assume we are its god? OP, are you okay with the derailment/progression of your thread or did i need to get back on topic?

16. Lol, its GCF... I don't expect much in the way of relevancy
    Nor do I really care, as long as GCF isn't filled with fundamentals, I'm fine

17. A better way to say it is that the pattern itself could be non random, but its formation is random. With all the countless, minute variables.. it most you could predict its formation is 99%. Just like how you can roll 2 dice and predict the outcome.. that you'll get more combinations of 7 than you will snake eyes or 12, but that doesn't mean you can't randomly roll ten snake eyes in a row.

18. I grew up in a Catholic family. My dad and.mom split up when I was very young.

My.mom.is a Bible thumper creationist and my dad is a Catholic.

I've been to church a lot and met a lot of people.

Its night and day.

I don't know the statistics but I do know the creationist crowd is a minority as far as religion goes. They just have the loudest voice

-yuri

19. #39 NorseMythology, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    -Mantikore- You made my point. Just because we cannot factor 100% of the variables does not mean its random. All effects are the result of some cause(s) no matter how many causal considerations.

20. I was raised the former as well but i suppose i wasnt around the diversity you were. I hope you are right :)