High Evolution Rant

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 22, 2015.

1. I'm sick of people ranting that Micro-Evolution is not proof of Macro-Evolution

Posted this as a reply on Youtube but decided it's a book so might as well post it here too

micro evolution over say 500 years = small adaptations 3.5 billion years = lots of changes

You can look all this up and cross verify with pretty much any credible scientist from every corner of the civilized world

We have tons of the "missing links" but there's always another species before that and evolution branches out in so many different directions... However it all begins with abiogenesis which i'll get into later.

Evolution is not a straight line as explained in this video, however i'll explain simply.
    It's more like a root system on a tree, some branches go out separate ways and come back into each other as for short time as a species goes in different paths and can still interbreed, after so many changes in the separate groups happen they can not interbreed... Some branch out for a long while on their own for example humans and fish have been separated from their common ancestor for millions of years. Some hit a dead end and simply go extinct.
    Apes are cousins of us, and we are in the same family... They have evolved to fit their niche, as their way of life has until recently because of  _Homo_ Sapiens has been unaffected and they were not under intense evolutionary pressure, we and a few other species for some reason had/have developed large and compact brain, a result of learning to cook food, along with being able to walk completely upright and outrun anything distance wise not speed wise, leaving trees due to food shortage in said trees or possibly because the trees were dying out, and build tools with independent control of our thumb from our other digits... We lost hair because it was hot where we evolved, since the shade was no longer available and/or the climate changed or we moved from said climate because of change, and members with less hair/more sweat glands have less of a chance of dying from heatstroke therefore reproduces in higher percentages over time because others with a lot of hair heatstroke and shapes the future generation...
    This was over a few 10's of million years at least from ancient ape to man, and ancient ape to modern ape.. Its been happening for at least 3.5 billion years, as that's the oldest
    We share >90% DNA with all Great Apes and We Share  >90% DNA with mice
    Crows (the bird) have basically mini versions of our brains 
    The only thing science can explain but can't agree on is Abiogenesis, because there isn't any evidence left behind... Unlike the evidence for evolution which is there
    the oldest recorded life on earth is 3.5 billion years old

2. If someone uses the macro/micro argument.. they are more than likely a creationist and you'll just be wasting your time.

3. #3 xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    It just makes me sad... I've also been an Atheist since a toddler, never believed in anything like Santa or God, so my POV is skewed and I can't relate with the thought of '$ky Daddy'... My problem is Abiogenesis and Evolution do not disprove God.
    I was basically born a Vulcan, that's why I like Vulcans/Androids(profile pic)
    By Vulcan/Android I don't mean hyper-intelligent , I mean logical.

4. i'm a Christian because I'm a pessimist

5. Being Christian is fine, it's just 100% nonsense when you look at the grand scheme... We are imperfect beings that are pathetically weak, have terribly designed backs (not meant for vertical stance), can choke because food/air/water go through the same hole and are either sent one way by signaling a relic muscle from sea mammals to switch from lungs to gut back to lungs(used to keep us from drowning in water as sea life), and we are related to everything and share DNA with all living creatures... If man was so perfect, we would be designed completely different... Yet it appears we simply evolved these systems over billions of years.

6. Ssshhhh!!!!!

You Anger the mighty Jew in the sky!!!

Yeah, none of that ever sank in for me.. like to think of myself as a naturally born atheist, but I did have to fake it as a child for a bit. Being around it though helped me realize that even if any concept of God is real, it really doesn't matter.. and science is just revealing the facts of it all. It's kind of funny, there have been a few times where people referred to me as Spock or Data.. which can be seen as cold and/or antisocial by some.

Either way, believe what you want to believe, just don't ignore the facts.. because if there is a creator, they're just facts created by it and if it had emotion, it'd probably be embarrassed/angered by you for believing something so stupid about them.

8. Damn it I said VAPE! Fucking Vape! Not rape! Oh I fucking give up, damned dirty apes...

9. #9 IRON-EYES, Jan 22, 2015
    You can't fathom God?
    image.jpg
    If there wasn't a God could this girl keep a horse under her lawn?....

...You're goddamn right she couldn't!

Could uncle Tiberius soak in his own brand-new hot tub?...
    image.jpg

...Oh no he couldn't!

Could humanity come up with a final solution to bad cats without God?...
    image.jpg

...EXACTLY!!!

10. Had a feeling you were trying to irk me with the first comment... Good thing I don't R4g3Quit420Qu1kAcop3z people online

11. Not trying to irk bro just goofin around
    image.jpg

12. I'm sort of backing you up in arguing your point in a roundabout kind of way :D

13. #13 xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 22, 2015
    Nah, I just end dealing with such extreme people I honestly can't distinguish *jokers or legit trolls from certified insanity

14. one thing I know about certified insane trolls is that they are never legit!
    I'm a silly pothead is all :)
    Hell you in la?
    wanna smoke one?

15. #15 xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 22, 2015
    I wish I was in a legal state... Technically I am eligible for a Medical Cannabis card according to the Compassionate Care Act [New York] idk if any Upstate doctors have a license yet though
    In NY you can only Vape or get Edibles apparently
    No complaints on medical hash though

16. Here bro in case anybody starts messing with you in the future
    Supposed to take affect if you post it
    image.jpg

17. Personally I just rub hot sauce on my anus before posting, so I can go into the conversation pre-butthurt

18. ¡HahahaH!
    ^(lol in old trollish)

19. Since you got an evolution rant I hope you dont mind mine :)

Firstly, i dont even understand how evolution is considered a theory. Does it make any predictions or observations? Is there any way to falsify it? Evolution seems more like a field than a theory to me. The field of studying how life changes. We study climate changes and call it climatology, which has its theories, but we dont call it the theory of Climatology. Life likely evolves via many mechanisms, like mutation, epigenetics, hybridization etc. Say epigenetics was falsified, does that mean Evolution is falsified? No, because it isnt a theory it is a field. Any new theory of how life changes would be instantly absorbed into the field of evolution, and if later falsified, evolution would still stand. DNA was supposed to be the answer to how traits were passed down but now we have epigenetics which says traits can be passed down without DNA. If THE theory of Evolution were falsifiable, epigenetics would have done that.

It seems only reasonable to say life started simple and became more complex. But to claim we have a single theory that can account for all influenes to the evolutiom of life is obsurd. As far as I know Rupert Sheldrakes Morphogenetic field hypothesis is met with reluctance, but if that is further verified and not falsified, it too would be part of evolution.

So my point of contention is with calling it "The Theory of Evolution" as a proper noun, thats all.

To tie it into your rant, yes it is entirely arbitrary to draw a line and say this is macro and this is micro. It only seems reasonable the bigger and more complex something is, the greater number of variables will effect it. This is assured by the laws of physics. A water molecule in an ocean is moved violantly by the waves but it doesnt change the molecule one bit. The surface tension of water has more effect on a tiny bit of sand than it does on meteor.

In summation, if we dropped the term "Theory of Evolution" things would get a lot easier.

20. The thing people don't understand is basically
    Scientific Theory = Repeated reproducible observations of a hypothesis that was tested
    Layman Theory = Hypothesis
    2 totally different meanings of the word...