ABV Edibles

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by davij20, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Better off throwing it in capsules

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. That's actually not true. Heating it turns thc to thc-a but your body still can't absorb that well. Thats all decarbing does but you still have to cook decarbed weed in oil too.

The high you do get is just from some of the thc-a binding to the chocolate and peanut butter or whatever, but cooking it in oil still extracts way more thc-a and binds it to the fats into a form that your body can absorb.

I can only relay to you my personal experience.   I've used my ABV cooked in high fat oils and just sprinkled on oatmeal.   Both got me equally as high.

However, this is not true for just using weed in edibles.   That HAS to be cooked in high fat content foods.

4. Iwien is spot on I have has the same exact results. Start low on dose don't do what I did & eat a firecracker with over a gram on it of ABV. Man was that a bad experience never been so high in my life room spinning paranoia all sorts .... With the light brown I vape my stuff to about a gram mixed with something high in fat is my max high last a long time. Takes a bit to kick in for me about a hour or a bit more.

5. #25 Galaxy420, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    my firecracker regime-  3 to 3.5 grams per cracker with olive oil added and sunflower lecithin.

pre mix 20 grams abv and a tbs of lecithin into a few tbs olive oil and mix that with half or more of a jar of 16 oz peanut butter. mix well together.  spread evenly onto 12 full size graham crackers and then put them together as a sandwich equaling 6 crackers. add to pre heated oven at 350 for 22 minutes= done. let cool and eat a half of one first and wait. up the dose as needed for desired results.

for the sake of time I like to stick to a high dose cracker and break it down accordingly as per desired results.

I run my vaporizer hot up to 405 degrees at every session so lots of actives have been extracted already but still plenty for edibles left in it hence the higher three gram dose. fist time I tried these I ate two at 7 grams total and was high all day into the next day so massively strong effects. my grin was as big as the moon all day long!  you could have hit me with every human stupidity and disfunction imaginable and I would have laughed at its face. HaHa

6. Great idea! Can't believe I never thought of this.. I have gelatin capsules laying around too

7. Genius. Olive oil tincture. Thx for the idea.

8. make sure u don't pack them too tight.
    If u do it will take longer for ur stomach acid to break it down and you won't feel the effect for a very long time.

9. Does the 2 week oil method actually work? That would be ideal for me as I can't eat dried avb without gagging. Plus can't heat it into the oil due to nazi parents...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #30 Sneaky Snake, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    ? Of course it 'actually works'. Why would I suggest it if it didn't? There are multiple ways to use ABV and make an oil like this in the edibles section.  For it to work properly you need to know your dosage though. You can't put a tiny bit of ABV in a gallon of olive oil and say it doesn't work. I generally use a full pill bottle of abv in a pint of olive oil. I just dump a little oil out (enough to fit the ABV), dump the ABV in, shake it really well and put it in the cupboard. Then about once a day shake it up. 2 weeks later you're good to go. Make brownies or something.  For me, that pill bottle to pint of oil works well. Maybe not for you though, which is why you need to know your dosage.

11. #31 1flyfisher, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    The lighter the color the stronger the ABV will be plain and simple. I have a MFLB and I stop vaping when the weed turns a medium golden brown. You can tAKE it even further to a dark chocolate color(but the taste turns to shit) with the MFLB but i stop at a medium brown. The abv is potent at this point and I am a HEAVY user with high tolerance. If there was an olympic competition for getting high I would be a Gold medalist. I accumulate 20 grams of ABV and turn that into coconut oil which is easy to do. I then take 1 cup of the oil and mix it into Ghiradelli's Brownie mix. I then eat 1/8 of the pan which is approximately a 3" square. This will be a "you need to stay home" high. Start slowly is best with edibles because it can get overwhelming very easily. Also I recommend eating on an empty stomach which is difficult to do if you want to start off in the evening. When I eat ABV edibles I start off in the am and eat a brownie on an empty stomach with a cup of coffee. I think the coffee helps to get the effects going with the caffeine amplifying the process and it works as a triggering mechanism. This 3X3 brownie will get me cooked up for 5-6 hours. Edibles are tricky and can turn into a bad situation easily so start slow. ALSO always wait 2+ hours if you are a novice. Me I just eat a massive brownie and then I start vaping and/or smoking. Good Luck.

12. Quick question can u put ABV in drinks or only food?

You can put it anything.   You can even put it in gel caps and swallow them.

14. #34 hitops, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    You can take it plain or in caps but I prefer to use something that has saturated fat a lot of it. Why because ABV is decarbed marijuana basically. The only difference is a lot of the THC is gone because you did not let vapor reabsorb back into the decarbed marijuana. It was inhaled unlike oven decarbing marijuana. Decarbing takes THCA to THC which is the active form. ABV has lots of good stuff left in it other than just THC & has more left than you think of THC still in it that was not vaped off. Unless you vape till its black or just nothing left really. THC is active so it can & will bind to fat just by touch. Saturated Fat is bad but look up what the body does with fat when it enters the body you let the THC hitch a ride your in for a ride fly high my friend. My fav is to use whole milk make milkshake or by one at mcdonalds add ABV to that so good with effects. You let it stand in vegetable oil with high saturated fat it will bind for a day or so makes a wicked oil to do with as you please. Note peanut butter moves through the body slow very slow in the GI tract  hints high in fat also thats why firecrackers work so well just mix put on cracker eat.