ABV Edibles

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by davij20, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hey guys, I wanted to share my recipe for ABV edibles because they get me SUPER HIGH and I think it's awesome that weed can be vaped and then eaten to get high! I've never had to go out and buy my own edibles because I can just make my own! This recipe is basically for firecrackers but i'll be explaining my way of making them.

Before I start, I personally think that these edibles taste HORRIBLE because....well... you're eating vaporized plant matter... I've been altering my recipe every time in order to achieve a better tasting edible.

Here's what I use to get the best taste/dosage:
    1: .5-1 gram of abv 
    2: Graham crackers
    3: Peanut Butter (the thicker the better)
    Everything after these materials is completely your decision. I add more for taste
    4: Marshmallow Fluff
    5: Rice Krispies
    6: Sometimes I add a little bit of sugar

Here's the steps I take when making the edibles:
    1: Measure out your desired amount of abv. anywhere from .5-1 gram will do the trick. I would personally recommend smashing/grinding the abv into a power-like substance in order to get rid of the "crunch" when eating the edibles. It's rather unsettling to be biting into chunks of plant matter. 
    2: Put the measured out abv into a microwave safe container
    3: Add 1 spoonful of peanut butter
    4: Microwave the concoction for about 1 minute (until the peanut butter and abv have melted into each other)
    5: Take out the container and stir it up
    6: Put the mixture in the fridge and wait about 10 minutes until the peanut butter becomes less drippy. 
    7: Once the mixture has firmed up, spread it onto a graham cracker square and add another square on the top to make it like a s'more. 
    8: Throw it back in the fridge and let it harden up a little bit. I find it easier to eat when it's colder.
    9: Eat up and enjoy! It takes around 1-2 hours for the edible to completely kick in. You'll know when it does ;)

I like to spread marshmallow fluff on the crackers before adding the peanut butter mixture. I also add rice krispies afterward to neutralize the unsettling "crunch" of the abv when eating.  

If you're worried about smell, don't be. I make these in my dorm at college and have done them at home when my parents were asleep. It's pretty stealthy. 

Enjoy!

2. I prefer extracting what's left out of my avb than eat cooked plant material.. it gives me the runs

3. All of that's great, but for ABV it's already been activated so no need to reheat/cook it Eat it straight. Grind it to a powder and sprinkle it on something. If you don't want the plant matter get cooking oil (I use olive) and dump it in. Wait about 2 weeks and the good stuff will have leeched out and into the oil. Strain and enjoy to make whatever you'd like.

4. Is this true? Not that I don't believe you, but can I get some sources?

Sent from a guy using Grasscity Forum

It is absolutely true.    I sprinkle mine into some steel cut oatmeal.    2gr of ABV gets me loaded for 6 hours.   

The whole idea of having to cook it with something that has a high fat content is only needed for unvapped bud.

6. Thanks for the testimony. I'll throw it onto a sandwich.

Sent from a guy using Grasscity Forum

7. I've got some avb lying around. I'm gonna fine grind some tonight and have some fun.

8. The only things to be concerned about is the taste and how much you use.    It's pretty easy to over shoot the mark when making edibles so I'd start off with no more than 2gr of ABV and in regards to taste, make sure you mix it in with things that have a pretty strong taste of their own.

9. I tried to eat it straight up and the texture just got to me. If I can finely grind it then it'll be no prob. The taste did not bother me. I gotta try that oil trick. I can get my wife to cook with the oil so I can get my mom high lol.

With your mom's prior consent I hope.

11. How strong is abv? I have some laying around, and I've never eaten an edible before, but my tolerance to smoking weed is pretty high.

Depends on how far you vaped it.     My suggestion is to always start low.     Try 2gr. of ABV in an edible and make sure that you wait at least 2.5 hours to judge if you really want any more.    Getting too much in your system is NOT fun.

13. my abv is a constant light brown. Like maybe a cherry wood type brown. Maybe a tad darker.
    I will take your advice for sure though, I do not want to have a bad experience.

Mine is a consistant dark brown, about the color of coffee so you may want to start out with even less than I do.

15. Since we're already on the topic of abv and because you seem so knowledgeable on the subject, I want to ask you a question regarding abv. If all you do is eat abv to get high, would you pass a drug test searching for thc? Since you ideally vaped all the thc, you'd probably pass, right?

16. Nope you would not pass cause there is still THC in abv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.

18. 2 grams of ABV would be a very strong dose for my tolerance. I usually eat between 0.25-1.0g depending on the effect I'm going for.

I mention this just to make the point that everyone's tolerance is a little difference, and it's important to experiment and find what's the right dosage for you. :)

My tolerance is super low.   When I vape, a gram lasts me over a month so I think it's more of a difference in how our livers metabolize the THC.    We're all a bit different in that regard.   There are some who can eat TONS of ABV and they will never get high irrespective of their tolerances when they either vaporize or smoke.

But your advice should be taken seriously.    Until you find out what works for you, it is ALWAYS best to start off slow.