Publicly Humiliate Those Blocking Legalization. Thought?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hempSnot, Jan 21, 2015.

1. If there are unjust laws governing the people, we have a moral obligation to disobey them.  Martin Luther King Jr said that. 

2. I really like that quote. Never actually heard it till now. But, you and MLK Jr are right! By "not disobeying" an unjust law we are we are perpetuating high levels of corruption.

3. Well I don't know how effective humiliating them would be, but I think some facts on them should be exposed. For example, Sheldon Adelson opposes legalization because his son died of a drug overdose, and he believes that cannabis is a gateway drug, so he wants to help fight the mainstreaming of cannabis and is expected to contribute lots of money to opposition in 2016. But at the same time, he's also funding medical marijuana research in Israel. I think that hypocrisy should definitely be pointed out in next year's elections.

4. I really feel like there's "something" to the idea of "sarcastically awarding" someone for being a cock block.

You are the BEST at being the worst!

I imagine our side of the fence, laughing at the corrupt side. I imagine talking/laughing at an opposer who "has cancer", while showing off these "cannabis miracle" stories and patents.

Ok... you want to try to "cure your cancer" with your toxic deadly approach? Haha! Joke is, respectfully, on you. We have story after story and patent after patent, PROVING cannabis is a healer!

Will you bet your life on it?

Maybe this idea is a little TOO out in left field. Its actually DEFINITELY not "funny" but, if you "frame" cancer around cannabis. Cancer doesn't have to be scary. No?

Dunno. Haven't put any more work than just talking about this weird "award" idea..

5. Yes! I think giving someone like that a "hempSnot" award for being the biggest hypocritical piece of shit might make a dent?

6. It is false. But the people in charge won't allow that. Our laws don't revolve around common sense, they revolve around greed.

I don't care how much the taxes are or how much it is regulated as long as I can go to the store and buy a bag of weed whenever I want and not have to worry about going to jail for it. That's all I want.

7. #27 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    Well I can already do that without a need for terriable legalization laws.
    Funny how soooo many people love paying more taxes.
    No thanks. I will continue to vote these laws down.

8. #28 dekabos, Jan 23, 2015

It really won't. I wish.

9. #29 travilanche, Jan 23, 2015
    Well I can't do that, so don't be so selfish.

They hold all the cards dude. Smokers have nothing to offer in return. If we are not willing to meet halfway on this thing we will get nothing. And while you continue to vote no on laws that are completely fair to start with, people will continue to go to prison and organized crime will continue to flourish.

What would possess you to be so selfish?

Basically all i want is; quick, safe, easy, legal access to quality and variety! 

If it gets taxed to death, the people will stay underground. However, I wouldn't "necessarily mind" paying about the same for convenient access to quality & variety.

I just wish our culture could FLOURISH without restriction and regulation. It's the DUMB ASS meat headed uptight uneducated conservative corporate losers who follow and suckle from Uncle Sams "teet" that pisses me off the most! The "squares" are not so square. Greed for green, for green.

Too much will never be enough for these stiff pricks! Sad shit really..

Terrible indeed.

No one likes paying taxes, except maybe those who live in Denmark who have the "highest" taxes in the world. And basically love it!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123126942

Hypothetically, what if the awards were as BIG as the Oscars?

Feature corruption on a GLOBAL scale might do a thing or two?

I just don't see this idea NOT doing something?

At minimum, I think our stoner community could step up our legalization efforts. Examples are even here in this very thread! We have a few people here who openly admit to both; enjoying cannabis and NOT signing a legalization petition.

How should one be allowed to "love" cannabis and at the same time, not contribute to fixing our global issue? We talk, but we don't act?

If just US people who already "knew" the truth and took action. Would that make things go more smoothly? Or would we continue to struggle like we are?

So many questions for what specifically the right thing is...

13. He apparently lives in Cali and doesn't have to worry about BS laws, so he pops in to troll the legalization threads.....one of those, "I got mine, fuck you" people.....

14. #34 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    And I can't walk Into a store and pick ar at off the wall and walk out with it like others can. That is my 2nd amendment right that I can't exercise.
    See me crying over it.
    Every state is not going to be the same.
    Stop crying about it and do something. Move if legal
    Weed is sooooooo important to you.
    I will not support the extortion of honest Americans who just want to enjoy their weed.

15. Again.........

16. #36 hempSnot, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    hempSnot Award nominee?! :p

17. But you will support their encarceration and murder.

18. If you don't have your signature on at least a "basic" legalization petition, you are a Harry J. Anslinger cult follower who supports encarceration and murder. Time to start exposing and featuring our hypocritical "local" community!?

I don't see MJ legalization being a true standalone effort in itself.  I believe it is a small piece of a much larger problem: unexcusable, blatant and intentional corruption within nearly every government funded agency.  A great example being that Police do not work to difuse situations and better the community - as is their stated goal - they work to collect fines on petty offences and arrest as many people as they can to get that promotion they want, or to just keep from getting fired...  But if he shoots a guy in the back who's handcuffed face down on the ground the union will spend every cent it has too defend it's officers actions.  

So, it would make sense to me that if the police were really looking to make the world a more peaceful place they would be thrilled to see MJ legal.  Less conflicts caused, less criminals and a smaller prison population would be a great thing in almost everyones eyes - except for the prisons and numerous prison contractors... And all those fees lost for "busting" that guy with the dimebag in his pocket.  Not to mention all those lawers who need their clients and judges who need people to judge, and the cops that need easy targets for arrests and fines.  But they aren't thrilled, they see the change acoming...

it's rolling round the bend, and I aint see the sunshine since - I don't know when.

But do you think for one second that weed being legal is going to lead to them shutting down prisons, laying off officers or an exodus of lawers from the law proffesion?  No!  The ever expanding prison industrial complex won't slow down just because one of it's tiny tools has been taken from them.  With all the things that are currently illegal and punishable with hefty fines and imprisonment they will just move on to cracking down more harshly on even more benein actions like speeding, downloading music and movies, unlicenced lemonade stands and ripping that tag off of your couch that says "do not remove", which would serve to even further erode our civil liberties with heftier punishments for more minor offences.  At least when I have a sack of weed in my pocket I am very aware of the laws I'm breaking.

I don't want to go off on a rant, but the bottom line is that granting these old, stupid and negative agencies even more funding just for their "permission" - or whatever it is - to do something they know is already just about harmless is ludacris.  It is extortion, and I will never vote to be extorted.

20. Police here in Florida don't seem to be too attracted to busting people for simple possession as they once were. Some kids my son knows were actually let go by the cops as they only had a small amount of weed, and the cop let them keep it!

The big push now is against cybersex crimes...dudes trying to hook up with underage kids for sex. It's in the news every day...and I'm all for putting as many pedos in jail as possible......

I'll vote for any measure that allows normalizing cannabis thru the law...I don't give a fuck if I have to pay a tax in order not to have to worry about jail....