Cabinet Grow. DIY Grow Box/First Timer.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SubliminalWeeney, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Just put your seeds in a wet but not soaking wet napkin.. then place it plastic bag squeeze all the air out & tie a not in it and let sit in a dark place for about 3 days your seeds should have popped open && are ready to be planted by then

2. I'm not sure the bag should be air tight plastic bag yes but I wouldn't tie it off plants still need to breath. I much prefer just dropping the seeds in a glass of mineral water with a drop of superthrive then put in a dark warm place I always have success.

3. What made you think you'd be in for a wait buddy?
    I bet they arrived within a week :)

4. Thanks guys, kind of just presoaked them for a day and put them inside their small coco noir pots and created a green house with a larger 1 gal bucket. There about a two weeks in and thriving ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423590575.975624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. actually ordered from elsewhere . Lol I'll try you guys out next time, there was some difficulty purchasing internationally ahahah

6. T

There's no problems with us buddy :)
    Card, cash, money order, bank transfer - however you like to pay :)
    And we give you stealth shipping for free, and give you guaranteed delivery for free - how can you ask for more??
    :)
    Enjoy the rest of your day buddy :)

7. youuu too bud! ✌️ Ahahah

8. awesome thread! will be subscribing to see how its comes along!

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423722920.642922.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423722953.262149.jpg Transplanted the little girls to red solo cups in which I had used a solder gun to poke holes into and aerate. When transplanting from the coco noir cups to red solo I was a little worried about the difference in aeration and the more likely possibility of root rot(especially with my excessive need to give the lovin' on a daily basis)

10. And the bucket to the right of the girls are the makeshift greenhouse I had made to initially get them thriving. All I did was use a 1 gal bucket and topped it off with a piece if a quart sized plastic bag to keep it humid. When I got 100% germ with my first trial of seedlings I figured since I had my legal limit thriving I could just keep the backups going in case. Well, I didn't give them the privilege of the green house so they definitely had suffered during hours when humidity was far too low. Currently trying to save them for a friend, hense the green house hack. It's useful because your going to need those cheap 1 gal buckets later.

11. Final little update for today that I forgot to mention, I'm growing 3 Super Lemon Haze(Fem) & 3 Pineapple chunk(Fem). Saving the VGH & Cherry Bomb for another time since my herbies seeds came in and were fem.

12. Everything as of right now is going pretty smoothly. It's a crazy thing to watch these girls grow, don't have kids and am too broke because of school to own a pet. So these girls are kind of filling that void and my need to care for something.😂

13. #33 SubliminalWeeney, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    A little over 2 weeks and I've got my third node developing right now.

Supplementing the room with a little excess CO2 to see if it would affect the growth at all, yeast and sugar in a sprite bottle with a water balloon on top to keep the yeasts environment free of oxygen. About a gallon of water, 2 cups sugar, and 1 tablespoon of bakers yeast(couldn't find brewers).

Attached Files:

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424410015.506940.jpg

2 and a half weeks. They're growing so fast. 😂

15. Lookin good mate, they look happy! I used to do the brewers yeast/sugar for CO2 production as well. I brew frequently and figured why not, sugar and yeast are super cheap right? After quite a bit of research I finally gave in and listened to some of seasoned guys. This method of CO2 production is pretty much a waste of space. Yes the yeast eats sugar and produces pounds of CO2, but those lbs take a lot of time to build up and with active ventilation it never builds up enough to raise the PPM more than 100 points in 25 cubic ft. Since ideal PPM is 1400 and ambient air is usually 350-500 a 100PPM bump is negligible.
    Not saying to stop right now all together, but let your sprite bottles run for a while and decide If your really making a difference.
    Also, just order from Herbies for the first time. How did you order with CC or cash and how long did they take to arrive? Like your box man, keep it up. We will be checking back.

CHEERS. - S.S.-

16. Thanks for the advice bud! I mean they're growing fast, but this is my first grow and I have no control subjects to even determine if the Co2 is making any difference ahahah and herbies only took like a week or two. Wasn't really counting, it was quick though.

17. Day: 23
    Just a little update here, followed by a few questions and concerns. Transplanted my babies to their final veg pot (possibly flower, but I'd prefer a forest) and gave them a Distilled/Drinking water/Hydrogen Peroxide(1:5 3% topical mix to water) because i discovered small deformations on the last set of false leave sets. I came up with two theories that I thought it was relevant to and tried to solve them both in 1.

Attached Files:

18. #38 SubliminalWeeney, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
    Concern one is fungus gnats which I have heard to be a problem with organic grows, I have noticed quite a few that have been flying around my backyard, but wasn't sure if it was because of the recent rain or not, but I have caught some inside box while I was watering or compulsively checking on my most recent obsession. lol For this reason I used some 3% topical h202 because I heard that it is, one a remedy that could possibly kill of larvae, and also heard that it is actually healthy every now and then for the roots because it is simply just water in an unstable state and results in oxygen and H20.

My second concern is based off of the fact that the Super Lemon Haze have no leaf deformations, but the Pineapple chunk do.... So I figure it is something that one of the strains is a little more sensitive too, I noticed small almost unnoticeable yellow spots on the PC. which leads me to my second theory maybe it is something related to some macro mineral deficiency so I diluted some spring water that was 116 ppm to a much more minimal rate with distilled water and the peroxide with hope id see improvement.

Attached Files:

19. The PC has the shorter and fatter leaves, because of its indica dominant traits, and the SLH are the bright healthy looking, and long skinny leave sativa dominant traits. Maybe its just a little light burn and the SLH is a little more susceptible to the high temps?

20. #40 SubliminalWeeney, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
    And also did a little bit of reorganizing with my box ( which lead to the death of my MH bulb :cry: ), but I had to take advantage of the cooltube because of the rising temps. Anybody know if switching from MH to HPS would stress my plants out at all or alter growth negatively?