Australia: Dad Arrested for Giving Cannabis Oil to Daughter With Cancer

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by garrison68, Jan 21, 2015.

1. #1 garrison68, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015

• Like Like x 1
  2. Atleast he had his daughters interest in mind

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 enjoyandlive, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    literally perfect medicine that was criminalized. so horrible I wish the guy luck and i can't wait until this does not happen anymore

4. I hope the assholes incriminating him get their heads blown off :)

fuck the government

5. how is it perfect?

6. He knew the risks and paid the price for his child. I hope she can find some relief in her young life.

Gluten free? Does she have a problem where she does not process gluten? I fear these parents are going to fall for what many desperate parents do. Search for some type of quackery because they do not know where else to look.

We are in exciting yet dangerous times with cannabis.

looking at the timing, it appears the chemo started working and the family attributed it to cannabis. In the research on mice (no clinical studies yet) half the mice died and of the final 5 only 3 showed sign of tumor reduction. Oh that was injecting the 500mg (1000 joint equivalent) directly into the tumor, not some topical application of oral ingestion. be careful with your loved ones guys!

7. well what's the common medicine nowadays?

8. Going gluten-free may or may not help the child, but it can't hurt. The doctors seem to be unable to comprehend what Celiac Disease even is, that it is very common these days, or how dangerous it is for a person with it to eat gluten.  This is based on my own personal experience with Celiac. 

9. It can be dangerous. http://www.barryshealthnews.com/?p=671

10. #10 ProGMOII, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    prove to me that it is the most common medicine. Also that does not mean perfect. As a matter of fact it is in a dangerous stage. It has little to no clinical evidence that it even works. As a matter of fact, as clinic trials begin it is panning out not to work as a medicine.

if you have any doubt see the California Cannabis Medical Research Center. We may be taking a poison and not know it for another 20 years. How long did it take for us to understand tobacco killed us?

11. Eating unhealthy is very dangerous.  What he is saying, is that many commercial products that are gluten free have garbage in them. You don't "have" to eat them, though.  The lack of gluten is what I meant.  It's like giving up alcohol and overeating to compensate.  Giving up alcohol doesn't kill you, but the calories, cholesterol and fat might.  

12. With a child that has a compromised system due to cancer better be taking in proteins, essential for repairing the body and fighting disease. It seems they jumped on the gluten free as a general part of their care. That is my take from reading the article. If you do not need to go gluten free, do not. http://www.sfconnect.org/protein-2/how-protein-work-in-the-body

13. my nigga what is wrong with you I was asking you what the most commonly used medicine is today

14. #14 ProGMOII, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    tell us.My guess would be aspirin. It has an old history thanks to Bayer if I recall. It is a plant derivative that has been well researched and studied. 

15. yes, prescription pills, correct? 

16. Nope, your are incorrect. Aspirin is not a prescription pill in most of the world.

And yet, it kills several thousand people each year. How many have ever overdosed on cannabis, in ten thousand years of use? Oh wait, it's still "new and exciting times" for cannabis, we can't get too excited...

• Like Like x 3
  18. You missed my point entirely. how are you gonna come to a pro cannabis forum and act so anti, you aren't gonna be liked around here one bit.

Common medication that is given to patients for their ailments from pharmacies, are prescription pills. Anti depression, nausea, etc what have you. Thousands a year die from overdose of pills. I think it would be better that these harmful substances were replaced with cannabis - that has a much more diverse application with more ailments at once, lowers overdose in states with good medical marijuana laws, can not be overdosed on, and has never caused any deaths. and you are stupid to think this wouldnt be a better system.

• Like Like x 1
  19. story makes me so sad man. real shitty, i hope everything works out for the guy and his baby girl. hope changes toward the right direction come from this story and the people supporting and rallying behind this.

• Like Like x 1