ThePuffinators Perpetual Grow LED/CFL

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by JustLearningLol, Jan 20, 2015.

1. #1 JustLearningLol, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Hello everyone I started growing a couple months ago and didn't make a diary so I thought I would post one now.

I have 3 different bag seeds in week 2 of flower right now and I've taken clones from the "best" one (i think they're all from the same plant anyway). I had 6 plants to start one died young and the other two were male. I have 5 clones.

At first I thought I'd make seeds with the males and females but then I decided a diy cloner was the way to go. I made the cloner for about 30 bucks. All it is is a water pump with a riser and a shrub sprinkler inside a 5 gallon bucket. It works pretty well for what it is. That is hooked up to a timer that runs 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off so the water doesn't get too warm. It holds 7 clones (expandable to around 20)

The flowering chamber is a sterilite 3x1.5 cabinet that was free from Wal-Mart (they didn't ring it up so I walked out with it) with a 250w cfl. The cfl seems to be doing well. I am going to invest in some mars hydro LED lights soon (they're under 90 dollars for a 300w on the Bay!) I'll probably get 2 (3 tops) I'm also going to buy a tent.

I want to start harvesting perpetually so I'm making a few of the clones mother plants. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to harvest but I'm thinking I'll take clones from the mother's at 4 weeks. they'll have two weeks to root and 2 weeks to veg before 8 weeks of flowering. Does that sound about right?

Well that's all for now, I will post an update with pictures after the lights turn on, I just wanted to get this up.

2. Yes turn them on!  :ey:  :ey:

3. #3 JustLearningLol, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    I'm at the communiversity right now but after I'm done I'll take some snaps.

4. #4 JustLearningLol, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    Finally home, pictured below
    1) my amateur LST job
    2) a close up of my favorite lady
    3) the diy cloner with 4 clones. One is in a humidity dome because I moved it from a cup of water/humidity dome setup and without it it would dry up, I like to think of it as when Goku got really beat up and needed to use that quick regeneration pod thing.
    4) the box itself. Many people don't picture their entire boxes and its a pet peeve of mine. This box is Mylar lined and has 2 passive intakes with three active outtakes. Two pc fans make up the first method of extraction and finally the carbon scrubber is connected to a duct booster. I recently rearranged the filter from the front of the booster to the back because it wasnt helping with the smell at all, we will see how this goes.

When I get my 96(or 48)*48 tent I'll make this the veg/mother cab.

That's all for now, I'll update you all tomorrow

Attached Files:

5. #5 JustLearningLol, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    Today I moved the two clones that I think were ready into my (patent pending) G-Box (G for ghetto) there are two 24w 2700k and two 14w 6500k I didn't bother adding Mylar to the sides or bottom of the box because most of the light comes off of the long sides of the bulb, I did add Mylar to the lid to get a little reflection. If this becomes a permanent solution (it won't) I'll flip the tote vertically and use all of the vertical space. (i might use it to find a good male or a new mother from seed a while down the road.)

6. #6 JustLearningLol, Jan 23, 2015
    There was no attach option when I tried to add the picture after posting so pictured below is my (patent pending) G-Box.

I'm also happy to say my simple cloner is working wonders. Roots are showing at day 6 ( I think ) and they should be transplanted in about a week or less.

Attached Files:

7. you planning to flower with those cfls?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. #10 JustLearningLol, Jan 23, 2015

Attached Files:

9. Attached Files:

10. This is the same clone from the picture above and I think it's ready to hit the soil, so I've planted it. The water bottle clones aren't doing so well, I took their domes off for like 30 minutes and they curled up pretty bad, hopefully the damage will reverse itself.

The other two clones will be ready in the next few days! I'm so happy my simple cloner (patent pending) works!

Check out my Grow Diary http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1353460-ThePuffinator's-Perpetual-Grow-LED/CFL

Attached Files:

11. nice cloner idea man. subbed in

12. #15 JustLearningLol, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  13. just show them your beautiful garden bro Lol. I rent from my mom and she told me that she use to have a couple pot plants growing when she was younger but would prolly be pissed if she found out. Keep it my bedroom closet and don't allow people to go in my room for "privacy" reasons ;*). Make sure you plan the flush and take down right. Good luck

14. Yeah! Hah. I plan to flush about 10 days before. I've heard that adding ice to the top of your soil along with a few days of darkness is supposed to do something special like bring out colors. I guess it simulates the end of the growing season (winter).

Check out my Grow Diary http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1353460-ThePuffinator's-Perpetual-Grow-LED/CFL

15. people say it pushes out resin or something like that because it thinks winter is coming and its going to die soon. Never tried it personally but hey give it a whirl.

16. Attached Files:

17. Attached Files: