Western hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Israel does not look kindly on those who fail to recognise Israel as the Jewish state...

Sent from the back of a jihadist donkey...

2. Yet Jews still do not walk into media outlets armed with assault rifles and executing journalists for exercising freedom of speech.

That's the difference.

3. #23 SmokinP, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    Yes.

Jews are marvellous. Splendid in fact.

Happy ?

Sent from the back of a jihadist donkey...

4. Let it be resolved that a person who does not laugh at themselves is untrustworthy.

I agree. Westerners use their religion as a crutch as much as anybody else. Wars are always begun over something else (usually over resources) but the war mongers always use their religion to then justify the oncoming violence.

My first lesson in this was the beginning of the Gulf War in 1990. I remember when Bush the Elder went on TV in January '91 to announce they were going to start the actual combat phase. He thanked god and asked him to bless the troops.

This is just SOP for a political leader anywhere, most likely. I've heard every president since Bush One do it (I never paid attention before that). The masses demand it. It apparently insulates the dim-witted from the massive violence that is about to start; it allows their minds to accept that mass-murder is okay because god is blessing the troops.

With this kind of nonsense, is it any wonder that there will always be wars?

First off I agree with you on the whole democracy sanctioned invasions. Democracy doesn't work in the Middle East. It's a culture thing. IMO, as much as I dislike the concept of kings and queens, monarchies seem to bring the most stability to Muslim nations.

That's contradictory. You base your opinions on facts yet they're shaped by an Irish nationalist perspective?

Not disagreeing :p

Something governments in the west are often criticized for by journalists. Nobody is disagreeing with you.

And I read the Chomsky article. Once again; this is nothing new. Like I mentioned before, there are no objective media outlets and everyone is to some degree a hypocrite. You can point to bad things being committed by all governments and peoples. But none of them are advertising their ill deeds. What Chomsky wrote can be said about anyone anywhere to an equal extent. We're seeing things from a western perspective whether you view the west as good or bad, honest or hypocritical.

Spoken by Cameron. One person. But it doesn't change the reality of European media. Constant criticism towards Israel from all over Europe except from the anti American/anti EU former soviet states who view Israel as a symbol of American nonchalance towards the "second" and "third worlds". I'm not standing up for Israel, just pointing to the fact that Europe is extremely critical of Israel actions.

You're taking one instance or event and trying to prove yourself right with it, you're coming off as delusional.

By that logic why don't we only listen to right wing extremist and start preparing for the end of the world?

An ever increasing number of Jews are leaving Europe for Israel and the U.S. They sure don't feel safe in Europe so whatever protection against antisemitism you're claiming doesn't seem to be working. In Sweden the Jewish population has nearly depleted. Most of the antisemitism is however not coming from right wingers, but from Muslims.

It's likely there's more sympathy towards the Jewish population in Europe than the Muslim one. But can you blame them?
    Jews in Europe are very non-violent. And Muslims are know for being violent. I'm not saying Muslims have violent tendencies, but the prison systems around western Europe have very high numbers of Muslims.

I know I'm sounding like an Islamophobe for pointing this out. I should mention that I was raised as a Muslim myself. Grew up in a predominantly Muslim neighborhood where the Muslim population has been at a constant increase since I was a kid (still live in the same neighborhood). So I'm not basing what I'm saying on prejudiced views. I've grown up in this reality.

I have since apostatized from Islam but that has nothing to do with Muslims or the geopolitical scene. It came after I started studying Islam and the Quran in my late teens. But I digress.

The point I'm trying to reach is that I've grown up around antisemitism. I myself had very strong dislike towards Jews myself in my confused early teen years. But along the line I realized that there was no logic to this antisemitism. Jew is not synonymous with Israeli.

Where's the consistency in proclaiming that Muslim extremist do not represent all Muslims, and "don't blame us for a few rotten eggs" yet Jews are forced to live in constant fear over something they have absolutely no control over; the actions of Israel.

Each time a war breaks out involving Israel the Jewish civilians around Europe become targets of violence and slander. Not only by Muslims either.

I can't say they're objective but they've improved over the years. I'm more into reading Al Jazeera to get a different perspective on things. I don't agree with them much but ignoring someone because you don't agree with them does not make your views (or mine for that matter) impervious to facts.

I don't have much of an opinion. I wish to see a two state solution but neither of the parties are much in favor of that.

Both sides do things that bother me. Israel with their excessive violence and settlement buildings.
    Palestinians with their strong tendencies toward violent initiatives and squander of the billions of dollars in aid.

You can't deny that this is a very complicated situation. Nobody wants to get their hands dirty with the politics, not even the Arab countries who preached for the destruction of Israel a few decades ago but have since turned their backs on the situation.

I feel that the Palestinian populous needs to work against Hamas, which is an organization causing a lot of violence and shows no concern for the safety of the civilians they represent. And they need to work towards a brighter future in social and general development aspects rather than gaining land and harming Jews.

Israel needs to immediately suspend further building on Palestinian land and forbid their citizens from crossing the border to Palestinian territories. Furthermore they need to help Palestine build infrastructure and create a more stable society. This, however, is impossible with Hamas at the edge of the Palestinian sword.

You can't blame Palestinians for being so anti Israel (and pro Hamas) considering nearly every Palestinians has a relative or friend who's either been harmed, killed or imprisoned by Israel.

And you can't blame Israel for being cynical towards Palestinians considering Israel has been under constant attacks by militias, nations and lone wolves for some 70 years.

I, like most other people, don't have a fair and concise solution for the conflict.

And most importantly, a future plagued by the past is not a future at all.

By the way, your last post answered none of the point I made in my last post. Is this going to be a one sided discussion where you constantly change the subject and bring me along on your trip? Because I've had a lot of these discussion around the internet about all kinds of subjects and issues, and they're just exhausting.

7. @tadealis, democracy works perfect in Israel.

You mean democracy doesn't work in the Arab states, which is false again. Give the people to choose for themselves, see what happens. Freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

They have been allowed to choose themselves time and time again, it never works without conflict. Someone always accuses the other side for fraud, or for receiving foreign aid. This just causes more heat between their supporters.

It may work for a limited time but eventually one of the following things will happen; the leader refuses to step down when his term ends, cheats his way back into office or different factions go to war with each other. Or do they end up electing an Islamist party that shits on the freedom of the people and/or sets up a political system where only Islamists can get elected. Much like commie states.

I think Lebanon is the closest to a working democracy. But that doesn't change the fact that the nation is on the brink of civil war what with the tensions between Shias, Sunnis and Christians. And then you have the Shiite militia Hezbollah which has more influence over the people than the military. Actually isn't Hezbollah stronger than the Lebanese military?

Then you have the semi autonomous KRG but even there the leaders of the two biggest parties got their posts through nepotism. And the supporters of the two have clashed in the past.

Maybe if they would put the responsibility of every election in the hands of the UN. But still they rarely take a defeat in stride and the accusations would go on.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/29/salatia/

10. Wow, that is rich coming from you of all people.

11. Why is that?

If an Israeli/Jewish professor was publishing hateful remarks about Arabs, he or she should be fired from their tenure.

12. #34 Rotties4Ever, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    This thread and most of the posts in it reek of nationalistic frevor, its sickening really.
    Do you people really believe your skin colour/ethnic background/ religion/ faith has any biological effect on the development of the human brain? really?
    Because thats what youre actually saying. All this racism bullshit is a byproduct of that subconcious thinking.
    Embrace the logic dont fight it, let it wash over you. Hmm logic good.
    Arab this, Jew that. Really? Grow up people, read a sociology book, or learn a little bit on the development on the human brain. 
    This backward thinking is one of the many reasons why its so fucking easy for us to go kill our own species, fuckers! we could be exploring space.
    Sorry but can't really identify with the 'jews' or 'arabs', I do see however that people who are able to do so at the cost of de humanizing anyone who doesnt fit that narrow paradigm are in need of some hugs, norturing and care, because they grew up in absence of it.

95% of all people are peaceful and want nothing more than to live their lives, the other 5% rule us and tell us were at war.

Stop recognizing these hallucinatory titles that we give are selves and realize, and that at its very core its human against human crime. I bet if more of us at least changed our language, to more accurately portray what is really happening, we'd just might notice a change.
    Dont you ever get sick of being blatantly manipulated into hatered, because that is what is actually happening, youre letting people who conviently benefit from war manipulate you into fighting, so that they can keep going to the bank.

/Rant (If you managed to somehow read the whole thing, I salute you, youve earned your self a cup cake)

-Ron Paul

edited for spellingz and grammar

13. We are all hypocrits, the state of the world is our measure.

I think the reason the western governments appear more hypocratic is that they claim to represent their people and wage wars in the name of their people. If not for the rampant brainwashing by western powers, i doubt most people are really this insane. Sure they may be xenophobic to some degree, but would we riot in the streets and demand our government invades Syria?