AdvancedLED XML 650,1000w HPS side by side Flo and Grow 12 site hydro Scrog..

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by snoopdog6502, Jan 20, 2015.

The glass blowing fumes have to go outside the house, they are not anything to fool with. The kiln though is a nice room heater.

I have one of those cheapo moisture/light meters, it reads high when close to the MH but instantly pegs max anywhere close to the LED.

There is stuff going on we cant see for sure.

2. Oh wow, yeah thats probably best to just forget that whole idea of blowing those fumes anywhere but up and out. Yeah the kiln sure is! I was gonna use mine outside so got this real long 240 extension cord so i can use it outdoors, when im well enough to :)

Ita funny you mentioned the light meter. I was just playing with the light meter i just got seeing how it would do with leds. To my surprise it read as high on the floor as my HPS did a foot or two from the bulb. I couldnt believe it. Wish i could see with my own eyes what those plants are seeing.
    They sure look happy! :)

Yea, light meter maxes right out. We have some of the finest LED's on the market.

4. Mixed up the big barrel of soup today, there is maybe 48 gallons in the res. I added 12 ounces of cal mag and 24 ounces of Earth juice sugar peak veg formula.

That should get them through the fist few weeks. I will PH after the nutes have been mixed for a couple days.

Kind of nice to do the who she-bang at once.

Not much to see yet... Hydro starts slow but kicks on real quick.

flongrow12515.jpg

5. Lookin great bro, super interested in this new setup! Looks clean af.

You runnin white russian this round? Hope you didnt already say lol

The flo n grow got the OOKUSH, the white Russians are in DWC.

7. Awesome set up isn't it!
    Hydro just scares me lol, think I will stick with Chemicals and soil and organic soil.

Chef.

8. Everytime i see snoops grow i miss my hydro setup. Time to build a chiller, been puttin it off a while

Best thing I have done yet for my setup was adding a chiller.  And if you purchase a Ice Box you can also cool your environment with the chiller.  It's a win win!

Looking forward to an update Snoop!

10. OK all is well, I know this is a hell of a lot of hardware just for 17 tiny sprouts but its not going to be tiny for long. The fact 17 plants from 17 seeds tell me the Ganja Gods are smiling on me once again.

advancedled3.jpg

I have some interesting things to report that is a positive for the AdvancedLED XML 650.

Ok here are two nice plants under the HPS. One of the OOKUSH is a triploid.

triploid12715.jpg

Here is a typical plant under the HPS.

OOKUSHhps12715.jpg

Now whats cool is the purple fuzz growing on the LED plants. Something wonderful is happening.
    All the LED plants have purple growing on them.

OOKUSHled12715.jpg

The plants are doing fine, monsters in the making going on.

I had to move the lettuce away from the LED light, it was too strong for it. I will start moving them slowly closer.

There is an unseen wave of LED light that we cant see making the plants very happy. For sure the good people at Advanced LED did their homework and have some spectrum magic going on big time.

I will shoot a video when there are some more substantial plants to see. :D

11. Thats awesome bro. Lots of purple in my garden as well. Its quite lovely :D

These plants love these LEDs :D

They do, Im leaving the LED on all the time, no timer till its time to flower.

I was thinking of buying some nice digital programmable timers around time to flower. get all the lights to fire off within 10 minutes of each other .

13. Cant you plug you lights into the same circuit and put the timer on that circuit so all lights go off at the saem second rather than in 10 mins?

Chef.

14. Its about the drawing power when they turn on. Best to avoid all lights firing up at the same time spiking your usage and possibly blowing fuses.
    I honestly don't know if the led panels draw more when starting like a hid would. It wouldn't seem to in my mind but i have never checked it out.

Best to stagger your stuff to mask usage and lights on. Imo

15. All depends on how good your leccy is, but I see your point with the sparking off the HID's.
    LEDS and CFLs and such should be fine tho.

Chef.

16. #57 snoopdog6502, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015

You could bridge a whole sub panel off a serious industrial timer but those get expensive and too much hassle. I like having several timers and lights in pairs so I can lose a timer or a bulb and all my plants are somewhat lit up.

I dont want to have my power service drawing too many amps at once. I can stagger them 5-10 minutes and maybe get more reliability from my breakers and wiring over all. I could give a fuck what the power company thinks, Im legal and pay the bill so they dont give a fuck too.
    Wait till I get a bigger kiln 16,000 watts and a good welder XX?watts.
    I worked in machine shops most of my adult life where I learned to turn expensive electronic components to vapor. :D

My lettuce is taking off doing well, its happy under the LED, I move it more into the line of fire every day.
    lettuce12815.jpg

Now when it comes to this flow and grow you dont want to get sloppy with plumbing and wiring.
    The pump in the control bucket is held to the bucket by suction cubs.
    Well the pump can come loose and foul the float switches by the power cord or the tube.
    So its wise to look at it regularly. All is fine.

flongrow12815.jpg

17. #58 snoopdog6502, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    I will get more pictures but there is a remarkable difference in the color of the plants. The LED plants are a very rich green/purple and the HID plants are more green/yellow.

I'm not going to tweak the grow solution, PH is 6.0 I mixed the solution about where it should be 250PP but reeds 900PPM.

I threw in some fresh water and will let it ride.

Its all good , my style of grow is the kind where I do not fuck with everything constantly. Leave the plants alone and let them grow.

They do the growing, I just provide the enviroment. Its like a Hawaiian beach in the rooms. :D

18. I like what he has to say on this. Iv been bitching about this forever.

Big props to Advanced LED for making a little video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqhLrbWypss

19. #60 snoopdog6502, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    OK all is well, the LED has been growing some very happy plants. All of them look about this good.

advancedled2315.jpg

Temp is 74F, RH 59%, res temp 68F, PH 6.0 , TDS 900 PPM. (a touch high but its not all nutes)

Now I never thought I would have such an astounding LED to grow besides a HID but right now I will have to say the LED plants are looking better than the HID.

Damn near grew a salad already.
    lettuce2315.jpg

All is very well. :D
    advancedled2315A.jpg