AdvancedLED XML 650,1000w HPS side by side Flo and Grow 12 site hydro Scrog..

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by snoopdog6502, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Thanks Brada. Your a bratha to all us. Two very deserving blades to show us how to do er up and get it done with some big boy leds.

2. Thank you so much I dont deserve that. :) you guys just seemed to hate LEDs more than anyone else LOL :) I just had to see what you can do with them. I am excited; I made this journey a little while ago and I really believe LEDs are just starting to live up to about half of the original hype. I am just thrilled to watch some master growers with them finally.

3. You are far too kind my friend and very humble as well. Id say i hated LEDs twice as much as snoop, hence the second light XD

4. Hey Snoop - what nutes do you plan to use on this grow?

Do you have any experience with Cutting Edge?

5. can these be daisy chained?

6. Naw man you wouldn't want to. I have talked with a few manufacturers and its really just hype. One manufacturer told me there light had them but advised agents it. One reason was its hard on the lights. And one wont be as bright.
    I have never tried it myself but thoes were words from a manufacturer. Believe it was joytec. W

I do not know of Cutting Edge. I will have to investigate them for future use, not sure if my hydro store stocks them.

I like the Earth Juice sugar peak one part formula, Its organic, will not burn plants and Iv had real good luck with it.
    Any of the multi-part mixes are a pain in the ass to buy 3 or 4 jugs of stuff and dont want to do that at all.
    Like some I tried and all my hydroton turned white over night and my plants looked sick in one day.

No port for it so I dont think so.

Yea it does not sound like a reliable way to go, one light cook and wipe out all of them, LOL.

8. No, that was my first question as well. They are too large and are standalone lights.

9. how heavy is it? looks like you need to add supports

It feels like about 30 pounds. Im not too sure though.

My Flo and Grow system is at the hydro store, im off to go pick it up right now.

11. just realized while back i said I could not wait to see one of those lights over one of your ponds. :) !!!! looking forward to the flo and grow. hows the glass going? got any pictures? :)

Glass is going good. Made a little sherlock last night.
    shlockdone.jpg

The flo n grow is in place, I will add the water and plant it tomorrow.

flongrow1.jpg

13. the glass looks awesome!!!! this is going to be a tight grow I wish i could fast forward :)

14. Snoop has impressed me to no end. This is what a man is capable of when he doesnt let others set his standards. This is what limitless looks like.

Respect.
    ~ poke

You are all heart, Im having fun already. this grow is ON! The Flo and grow is perfect.

Planted 15 OOKUSH a white widow and a Blimburn AK fem auto. all 17 seeds planted.
    With all the space between buckets I may plant more plants.

advancedled2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQarmsStjNg

A note on the LED light itself, I went over kill and have 4 hooks rated for 80 pounds screwed into beams and am using the cables that came with it as a secondary safety system so it cant fall in the event of a ratcheting cable failure.

Hanging that big girl is like hanging a small pallet with a layer of bricks on it. Not a one man job.

16. #36 rain dancer, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    My new grow is on hold for now. The plants 9 weeks into flower seem as if a new life was breathed into them under the leds. New growth is significant. Clones that wouldnt root after five weeks under cfls and t12s rooted in 12 hours under the xml 650.

Im going to let the flowering plants finish, as it seems resin production has increased significantly and new white hairs have emerged in a uniform pattern on every bud down there, even the buds 3-4 feet from the light.

The hooks i drilled into beams are 50 years old and 1/4 or 1/2 inch i believe, very thick and steel. I had to predrill the beams so they wouldnt split.

The ratchet cables are holding, but like you, i will add the others today as backup.

I made my own sticky traps and will post the how to soon in both journals.

My 150 jiffy pellets arrived, but im going to hold off planting 25 beans (13 strains) until i harvest.

I added another vent fan to my ducting, recycling my sons backpack strap to hold it up, as removing two of my three vent fans decreased air flow dramatically. Its time to buy some 4 to 6 inch adapters and 6 inch ducting for the inline fan donated to my cause by a good friend. That hydro farm 4 inch inline fan will go on the new timer that arrived so that fresh air will finally be a part of the basement. Things are coming along. I need to clear some room in my storage for the HIDs hehe
    ~ poke

17. Im going to put in a whole house attic style fan in my glass blowing room that's overkill and hook it to a controler and a manual switch system.
    It will go in the glass blowing room to serve as my exhaust when I blow glass and run as climate control to pump out the hot air.

3560 CFM on high should do it 4,000 watts and the led running all at once. Its like Hawaii in the basement. LOL :cool:

http://www.zoro.com/i/G3136716/?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&gclid=CjwKEAiA3IKmBRDFx-P_rLyt6QUSJACqiAN8lQNU6SZqFOuF1FFqvkEiWf3z7e_vqbDn62_wmpHNkRoCSKrw_wcB

18. If the smell isnt too bad set it up to ducting with a hippa filter and warm your house in the winter :smoke:

Dude my house is heated with lights, dont need a filter as my house reeks of cannabis, I'm legal so I can relax and watch the grass grow.

Oh shit look what got planted under the LED...

A little bit of lettuce....
    lettuce12215.jpg

Oh look whats waiting to grow something....

sparesetup12215.jpg

Im not going to stop planting, I'm going to rock this grow big time.
    The garden bug has bit me big time.

20. I meant a filter if your blowing it from the glass room, as i didnt know what smells might linger. Have worked in many shops over the years and thats nOt a smell a woman appreciates in my experience....now cannabis on the other hand, well that is my natural cologne ;) hahaha

Im curious how these lights will handle summers here. Its 115f outside some day and ive got no AC. I guess we'll find out eh?

That is epic. Lettuce is going to thrive under those lights, no doubt about it! :)