Parents support group for kids with abnormalities

Discussion in 'General' started by Cen_Cal_Care, Jan 20, 2015.

1. #61 RED BEARD, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    bro thats crazy!...we have our operation one week from tuesday!,and im surprising myself with my timing i got all my pre-op crying done and because of all of the support from my family here on gc i feel very positive about this next chapter in my families lives!
    Thank you all for your support and positive vibes👍

2. Idk why I thought you're sons op was on the 13th Ima mark down the 14th and send some positive vibes you're way all day! Ya brother I love GC I was talking to poke about some b.s. going on told him Ima be off GC for a while and he told me not to forget about everyone. I still find myself on here everyday even if it is lurking lol.

3. been there!, for sure!and thank you for your support...the thirteenth is his intake so on tuesday we just go straight into pre-op!

4. Wife just got a call we got bumped a week for a serious condition so we are now two weeks out...i hate this shit we are now close to a year and still doin this same dance the other child is not to blame and is evidently a more serious case so obviously help this child first but omfg my boy needs his procedure too...

5. Have you guys tried a different hospital?

6. No we really like it once we get in and get things goin and we are not life threatening but they have assured us this is the absolute date this will happen if any issues arise then we look for a new hospital as i am just done gettin the run around

7. I understand that I don't think I'll ever change my daughter's hospital unless we move out of state

8. #68 RED BEARD, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    So full of life... 1428548679283.jpg poppin wheelies on his crotch rocket and off roadin! With no clue what he is about to go through... 1428548812573.jpg its so hard to deal with at times but this was a great walk...cruise if you will🌻🌞🌈☺
    And yes!, i did post pics of my child! my intention was to share a moment in our life with all of you💖

9. I love his hair! He has no idea what he's gonna go thru and when he is older hopefully he doesn't remember it...Well at least that's the way I think when young kids need to have a surgery.

It makes us enjoy all of the little things with our young ones every moment is a blessed moment thank you for sharing :)

10. thank you bro! unfortunately we will cut it prob this weekend for surgery but it will be grown out again for sure! And yeah i also hope his only memory of thus is his scars and the answers we have for his questions but he will also be monitored for life at least every six month's

11. Can't tie his hair up during surgery?
    Is he gonna have to take any meds for the rest of his life?

12. not that they have mentioned but i should ask that dude its hard to get my head straight about this that is why i appreciate this thread and your friendship!

13. About to leave for chla for admitting and a final meet with surgeon who has spoken to his team and have a new foute for tomorrow's procedure will update upon my return appt.is for eight this am thanks guys

14. Good luck sending positive vibe you're way.

15. #76 RED BEARD, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    Hey friends!, just got home... what a day!, and it wasnt even surgery day...dang!!! So surgery scheduled for tomorrow@ 7:30 am his lung pressure levels are high but the convention concluded after being presented the entire case file majority agreed that rather then delay and putting a lung cath. In they needed to get my sons issue resolved quicker then that route would allow so they will just go ahead and operate asap which is tomorrow...its now real and damn near devastating feeling i know we have enormous support!, but i still feel like i could loose my son tomorrow and i could not bear that weight...i dont think,ive never been so scared in my life as i know i will be fine i dont care about me right now,for me the unknown is so hard to deal with in this case...ok i stopped cryin now, i think that means this helped a bit
    And again thank you for this thread and all who subbed
    As it really i a big help in many ways ...love youz love!

16. Hey Red glad to hear you guys made it home tmrw is a BIG day for your fam I'm sure your all feeling anxious smoke a fat one and play some games with the kids :)

Don't think so much about losing your son think of it as him getting a new healthier life if that makes sense....

Have you joined another support group like mended little hearts?

17. i have not try to play big tuff man but have a huge heart and my emotions can overwhelm me at times i didnt even think of looking for help besides my two families gc and my in my everyday life which crosses over in a few cases but i will look into this group you have mentioned!

18. We all gotta break down sometimes it's good for ya!

This quote has kept me going all month hope it helps you :)

Attached Files: