Well it looks like you CAN top an auto

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purpkushh, Jan 20, 2015.

1. My ph level is about 6.8 the plants are about a month old and 2 weeks into flower

2. Going to try and get some molasses and cal mag. Does any molasses work? And if so how much per gallon?

3. Molasses benefits the soil micro organisms in an organic grow, however it it also a chelating agent that helps make chemicals in the soil more usable to the plant

4. This guy tried it and for his grow the topped plants had slightly lower yields.  Def continue we need to see more results.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was told that Blackstrap molasses is best to use but talked to buddy today and he thinks your pic shows calcium deficiency but when you start to feed it only stay with 1/4 to 1/2 strength and go from there

6. It's great to see people experimenting and challenging tradition. But I think this is a long way from conformation of whether it's a good idea to top or not.

Topping is a way of training that allows for longer veg time without gaining as much height. If the autos show flowers at the same time I don't necessarily see topping as an advantage. But it's definitely an area that needs more experimentation and I thank you for that. I'm looking forward to seeing you top more autos 

It's low on nutrients, what % of the full strength nutrient solution are you using? And are you giving it to them on every watering? 

8. Heres the list of percentages on the bottles:grow big big bloom tiger bloom. I also transplanted into 10 inch pots.

Attached Files:

9. Also watering was everyother feed

10. #30 GoldGrower, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    What % of the full strength dosage are you giving them? 

I would guess it needs raising but don't want you overdosing so thought I'd better ask first

11. I was told not to worry about nute burn from big bloom but still only went half strength at first and went quarter strength of grow big. Ive started to use full strength big bloom, tiger bloom and grow big for the most recent feeding (today)

Im broke atm and cant pick up calmag and i went to get molasses and the only had unsulphured

12. Of course you CAN top an auto...you could also cut the plant in half, set it on fire, shove it up your butt - the possibilities are endless

• Like Like x 1
    I like to use half strength on every watering. If you were only feeding every other then I can see why it was running low.