Storz Bickel Mighty

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by tr7111, Jan 19, 2015.

1. I am a long time smoker and after a long hiatus I decided to pick it up again. 

I was researching vaporizing because I figured it would be better on my lungs in the long run than bong rips and be a more efficient way to smoke after work to relax.

So I decided to buy the storz & bickel Mighty for use at home. So far I am not too thrilled with the experience and I'm thinking about returning it and just using a pen vape with cartridges that are easy to obtain at the dispensary.

However, the idea of vaporizing really appeals to me, I just don't know how to make it an enjoyable experience.

When I try to use it I get one or two unsatisfying puffs with barely any vapor coming out, followed by hits that smell like burnt popcorn or something.

Am I just using this thing completely wrong or are vapes not for me? I can take a bong rip like a professional but I'm confused how to hit the sweet spot with this thing to even make it enjoyable.

Plus, the $400 or so could be applied to just a really nice glass bong or something.

2. Different variety of material
    Different temp
    Different method of delivery (Milkshake Wa Wa suck)

I grew a strain for 20 years. Thought it ruled. Didn't survive the switch to vaping.

3. #3 Joyetech, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    how long are your draws...?

by puff do you mean you are literally puffing it for a second then stopping?

the mighty is a fucking amazing vaporizer so I'm sure you are using it wrong. this thing blows CLOUDS

inhale deep for 11 seconds at least...

also youtube mighty vaporizer review.... text by members on GC is a lot slower than watching a 10 min youtube video

4. ^^ Agree.   Sounds like a technique issue rather than an issue with the Mighty.

5. Your draws have to be somewhat consistsnt to get the full experience. If haven't used other vapes before this might be difficult to understand.

Inhale slowly for around 10 seconds and you should be seeing clouds every time. The Mighty hits hard when used properly.

6. Yeah I assumed it was something I was doing wrong. Having no experience with a vaporizer I'm worried every time I get a different herb this thing will be finnicky.

I set the temp to 365 F and do take long slow draws. I've tried long, gentle draws, long high pressure draws.

I get a couple puffs and then it starts tasting like burnt popcorn. Is there some trick I need to learn?

I grind the herb very fine and use the filling tool to put herb in the filling chamber per the instructions. The herb is loose and not packed in the filling chamber. Is this correct?

How many draws should I get off one bowl and how do I know the herb is ready to toss?

7. bump. still need some advice

8. I don't personally have any S&B products at the moment, but crank up your temperature to 410 and if it still isn't producing clouds, I don't think anyone here will be able to help you. The mighty chucks thunderclouds.
    Vaporizers for the most part will taste good up until a certain point. Your first few hits should taste amazing, then deteriorate from there. Terpines are most prevalent in the vapor from the get go. Please look up youtube videos and visit fuckcombustion if you need more info

9. You will know when your herb is done when it gets to a light/dark brown. That is called Avb (already vaped bud)

if you would like to make edibles with it, "toss" it when it gets to a golden green.
    could you post a vid of you hitting the mighty by chance? just trying to get a solution to your problem. I feel as if you're not hitting it properly.

again. don't puff it...

10. I would say the popcorn smell is likely due to incorrect use. First off, check your temps. As you may already know temp range for finely ground flower is between 360 & 380F, pack the chamber tightly, you have 10-15 draws increasing temps starting at lowest temp in this case 360F and increasing 3 degrees after every "rip". You should be 45 degrees in + temperature change throughout your entire session. At this point, its fair to say your devise will output a "popcorn" favor indicating your herb is ready for a refill - Rinse and repeat.

Rip technique; once the vape is at temp, take long slow draws, hold and, blow out the nose.
    This is my personal way of using my Mighty and Crafty.

11. take long slow draws'

12. My tolerance is crazy right now, but even when i vape an entire bowl from my mighty and feel nothing it still produces big clouds. That first draw you take should be pure flavor, even more so than a dab IMO.

I always tell people to empty their lungs, wait a sec or two and then inhale from the straw as if it's your only source of air for about 10 sec. Now if you're used to big bong hits and dabs and this your first time vaping, it's a more subtle effect if you don't go too crazy.

If your herb comes out brown baked at the end then the vape unit is not at fault. I was already a hefty smoker when i started vaping, and I've never regretted buying mine.

Could be bad weed or still some tolerance; i can take a 1 week T-break and be really stoned for a few hours after the first time i toke but the next day it's already 50% less effect when i toke again. Same after a 1 month break, just takes a bit longer. Some people just have sucky tolerance...

13. for me with the mighty i pack the chamber with the filling tool and push it down a bit with the clear peace. then i sent the temps to 185C and once it stops producing i go up to 195c or 200c. i get 3 people to blow clouds for awhile. i like a slow and long draw. my friend is big rip and quick. watch some youtube videos and you will figure it out.

i love the thing so smooth

14. When I used the crafty/mighty for the first time, I realized I was finally medicating myself, I was no longer searching for or trying to reach a certain point of "intoxication". I thank you creator.