Advice needed to grow in a pot - outdoor - tropical country

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by namaste89, Jan 19, 2015.

1. This is my first time growing marijuana plant. I live in a tropical country, where light schedule is around 12/12 all-year round, humidity is around 88%, temperature between, 21 - 33 celcius.

I am currently germinating 2 Feminized Skunk XL seeds in a plastic cup directly in soil indoors. I plan to transplant them into a bigger pot after the first few leaves.

I have a rooftop at my house where I think is perfect for growing the plant in a pot. It is currently rainy season until June in my country. My rooftop is semi-covered with clear material so light can pass through and the plant will be protected from direct rain fall. But if it rains pretty hard the rain can come in sideways and the plant might get wet a bit. I heard mold is very bad for the plant, but i am not sure how humid it needs to be to form mold.

1. Do you guys think I should create some kind of a clear curtain to protect the plant from sideways rain or a little bit of rain is fine?

2. Any tips for vegetative stage? Should I put them indoors where I can give it more light? Because I heard the plant needs more than 12 hrs of light during vegetative state

3. Any tips during the flowering stage? I am more concerned about the mold forming due to high humidity

Thank you!

2. Mold is something you worry more about during flowering, different strains react different to excess rain so it really is strain dependent. Just be observant and watch them close

3. Outdoor plants don't need more than 12 hrs of light... they'll just start flowering as soon as they reach maturity. If you're trying to grow them fairly big then you would want to extend the photoperiod