Military Drug Test Help

Discussion in 'General' started by pinkfloyd2836, Jan 19, 2015.

1. This is my first post and I looked around and wasn't sure where to ask so I'm posting here. Been a pretty much daily toker for the past 2-3 months now. However, I recently decided to join the military so I had to quit 3 days ago. I had hoped to have at least a month to clear my system out but it's now looking like I have 13 days until I go to MEPS. I already pushed the date back and don't want to arouse the suspicion of my recruiter. I pretty much freaking out and was hoping I could hear any good news on here? Thanks in advance.

2. Excersize drink lots of high ph water,

3. Best thing to do is to be honest with your recruiter. He wants to meet his quota for bodies and he would want you to be clean when you get to MEPS and boot camp.

Tell him you need two or three more weeks. He should be able to work something out for you.

I did the same thing until the last minute. My recruiter bought me some detox stuff and we tested my pee before I went down there.

It will be even worse if you're already in boot camp and it's like a week in and they send you home. That happened to one girl I went with.

4. #4 pinkfloyd2836, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    I considered that but lemme fill you in on some back story here. Last year I went down to MEPS, got processed, but didn't take my oath. The reason being is I ended up admitting I had smoked within the 45 day period where you aren't allowed to process if you smoked. I then decided I wasn't ready for personal reasons. Now that I am ready, I'm concerned if I confess to smoking again they won't take my recruitment seriously or something along those lines.

5. #5 ByePhilipe, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    If they piss test you, you'll fail. So either you find a seemingly legit excuse to stall, you honestly tell your recruiter, or you go take the test and you fail.

You don't really have any other options, do you?

Is joining the military truly what you want? It sounds like you're not truly dedicated. Maybe it's not your first option. If that's the case, you need to really evaluate what you want because it's a hard life.

It's stressful and crazy and if you don't love it, you'll probably be miserable a lot of the time. The rest of the time will be awesome but most of it will be miserable.

6. #6 pinkfloyd2836, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    Yea, good point haha. Thanks for the advice, definitely gonna put some thought into this. Looks like coming clean is the best opton here.

It is what I want. The only reason I didn't join my first process was due to some family issues I had to deal with, so I ended up smoking again until I was ready. Unfortunately I didn't allow myself enough time to quit comfortably

7. Tell you're recruiter you'd like to push your MEPS date back. If he asks you why, just say personal reasons. As your recruiter, he's more than willing to help you do this if he gets the feeling you might not pass MEPS. He wants numbers and he's already put a bunch of time into getting you enlisted, and once you fail MEPS, it's extremely difficult to get in. There shouldn't be any problem pushing it back.

Sent from four score and seven years ago