Indoor aero 48 site 4400 watts scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bunnyslayer, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Hey B,

I recommend a controller to keep your CO2 off while venting. I have my intake coming in from the crawl space but its triple filtered which is very important. It's on the same circuit as the exhaust so when teh controller senses my temp setting has been exceeded, both the intake and the exhaust kick in until the desired temp is reached. While the intake (an 8" vortex) and the exhaust (a 12" vortex & 12 x 48 Phresh filter) come on, the CO2 shuts off. That prevents waste. My room is fully sealed also but I veg and bloom in the same room.

Also be careful when venting from your veg to you flower room because cross contamination can kill both rooms fast.

I use the Titan Saturn 5 controller. not cheap but well worth it.

You're lookin' good bro.

BB

2. What's that controller run $$ and which devices does it run? I've got the co2 but I'd love to hook up to turn my co2 off while venting from outside to control temp I've been looking for something like that.

Grow journal aero 4400 watt scrog

3. Are you running exhaust or intake or both?
    And are you using a burner or tank for co2?

4. As of right now I'm not vented are sealed with

5. Whoops. Ok as of now the room is sealed from the outside. The rooms are both heated by a 100000 btu propane stove. Which is in the veg room. not heating the bloom room persay. I have part of the heater ducted over to the bloom room which is using a blower to pull the hot air from heater while running. I then have a 10 inch ram fan mounted above the door which is between the two rooms. This fan is pulling hot air from all four hoods, and dumping it into the thermostat room. I'll have it all running tomorrow to see it all in action. I do have a contingency that photo with the black plastic was originally fresh air intake and the spot above cloners was an exhaust both of which I dropped bc of the outside temps and running co2. dropped the parabolics" and the 400 so the bloom room is only 4000 while the veg is 1 400 and 4 brinks 5400 k 120 watt cfls. And two old school t12 fluorescent I'll be doing a update tomorrow. Thanks for the input guys take all the help you've got!!

6. Co2 is a 50 lb tank and controller set to a psi until I can get a ppm controller

7. The good thing is tanks do not give off heat, let's see some pics of the new layout.

8. I think it was about $170 https://www.hydroponics.net/i/139374.

It controls temp by controlling your intake and exhaust
    It controls CO2
    It controls Humidity
    and it has one circuit that comes on only when your lights are off. I use it for a green light to work with.

You still need a separate timer for the lights, and I wish they'd included that in the controller. But it will not run CO2 unless the intake and exhaust fans are off.

9. update coming fucking work couldn't be going any slower

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422587946.313647.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422587993.375681.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588019.533500.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588036.118360.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588055.088252.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588067.805418.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588093.612582.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588107.177094.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588152.640589.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588170.415064.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588198.527981.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588222.516526.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588240.812633.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422588267.748045.jpg

Grow update: I'll be setting up a much more structured journal when I'm not all over the place hopefully this weekend / coming week. But here's what I got. So i now have all hoods installed just waiting on the vent piece 10in to a double 6in to finish plumbing in the light exhaust. Did not have enough time to run it with lights all on, but will hopefully come across some more time this weekend. I will also be running the pump on the 3 to 5 min timer to gauge the inner temps of the buckets within the bloom room, and to get a good baseline of temperatures between the two. Everything was rushed tonight as you can tell all the tools wedged in the rooms and all the parts and pieces were finally into what I'd like to call the punch list. "Just getting all the small pieces tied in to work seamlessly." Or so the idea is.
    The original clones that were transferred to soil look fantastic. Recovering nicely from an extended torture in our under temperature attempt to make some giant clones while saving money. Neither which of one worked haha. Well... We did move a few clones to a buddy so it helped a little. But on to other topics the mothers are recovering fantastically. I'd like to say very impressed with this roots organic soil nutes plants responded intensely to there feeding. Really pushing up that new growth beneath what we had taken with our more recent 60 clones. The PPP I abused to get all 30 PPP clones, seems to have loved the trim. She is just reaching and looking great. Some of her lower branches are robbing light off of the 400 watt halide we have vegging the original soil clones and hopefully in a few more days some new editions. Seed 1 unknown bag seed labeled "seed x" very delicious uppity buzz with lots of head pressure very happy to have found a seed. Seed 2 & 3 my two smuggled babies Jamaican 1 and 2. Nothing peeking through yet.
    The clones have me a little nervous. We used tap water of 23 ppm with known iron and copper. I'm not certain what all else. And I seen a post of someone complaining of like a white clearish jelly Collecting on the bottoms of the stalk and it being diagnosed as calcium buildup? Some plants are beginning to root while others look rather brown with this almost jelly film the centers of the stalks are black??? I've never aero cloned so I cant say I've ever kept up on what the stalks look like through out the days. I don't see them until there through the rock wool or jiffy pellet. But the clones have some roots just not abundantly yet I also removed the humidity domes to see if I had and wilters and everything looks great starting to get a light green from within the smaller leaves of most clones no roots on them but I'm certain that's a sign there feeding. Ppm is low like 40 something and ph is 5.8 res temp consistent about 68 gonna try and get a good shot of one of those stalks tomorrow early am. And give them some food.
    The TO DO LIST is getting small. Wednesday the final order should be here enough pieces to add two more mister heads to each bucket. Really liking the new head set up. Finish ducting the hoods all in and run and do a system check so I can decide on that fresh air intake to manage temps if it gets crazy hot. This will also let me see how the reservoir maintains its temperature with this larger hotter running pump. I need to put together my 56 gallon RO back up. Which will be standing next to the reservoir making easy work of changes and I'll be plumping in a pressure float like the one in my indoor RO machine 55 gallon reservoir. This float will allow ph'd RO water to be gravity fed into the nute reservoir. Leaving it able to be unmanned for longer then originally thought. Time isn't cheap in a grow room. I also need to install my hepa filter which will be doing all of the air in the rooms. I think you'll like this cheap do it your self project actually don't know if it will work but no reason it shouldn't update on that to come. And then mount the carbon phresh filter to exhaust fan and fresh air intake. Hopefully avoid this for this grow but time will tell. And the final piece will be to bring in the co2 tank and install a loose line until the screen is mounted. I know it sounds like a lot but if you had started with what I started with this seems like a cake walk. Let me know what I need, need to change and what you love. Bunny slayer out.

Aero 4400 watts

11. 4 predator king cobras 6 inch little over kill haha nope just right

Aero 4400 watts

12. Hey bunny, looks like your making some progress!! What are you giving your clones? Just ph'd water? Not sure exactly what your seeing but i always use Aero when cloning and from what I've seen, anything slimy is usually bad and gets pulled. Also anything with brown. Are you monitoring the rootzone temps? I've seen something similar to what you're describing and i pulled anything that looked funky before everyone looked funky. You said you have babies in soil too. What's the plan w them?
    Again, overall things look ready to rock. .. Better hurry up if you're gonna get close. ......

13. Keep cloner water temps below 70 to avoid the brown slime. You can try 1 drop or bleach in the water, but my experience is like Jerry.s. I'd just toss 'em now and start all over after you thoroughly disinfect the unit.

14. Sup'

Looking good. Love the set up!
    Be sitting in watching get how things turn out. Curious about the home made aero unit.

Have you decided on a co2 controller yet?

15. Hello timote! Thank you I appreciate it. Have yet to decide got one in mind but I never know until it's working in front of me.
    Jerry I was doing tap water, ph'd with rapid root from General hydro. The soil girls were just an experiment from some cuttings from a trim and a couple left over from a buddy who wanted some. Don't wait up haha I'll catch up! Doubtful now I'm sure. 😪
    Did about 22 clones some rather large seeing if we could really cheat on veg. The biggest issue we had was time just about everything rooted but it was slow. I attribute it mostly to temperature and a not using rooting gel / hormone. They were done into jiffy pellets and some coco root thing. Typically we do jiffy with clonex and results are very good. New strain so I'm wondering if it's not just the plants. It took three weeks for roots in the jiffy. So we were going to decrease our time table. I was really expecting to be transplanting by Tuesday. Which would be two weeks. A week saved with aero cloning. This was a major deciding factor in choosing aero. It was going to shorten our time. This white buildup was not slime but clusters of tightly packed in root clusters. These roots are just emerging like sideways stalagmite. About 20 total have this noticeably happening while the other forty seem to be just idly standing by slightly forming that white build up which I know believe to be the begging phase of the root growth. Very neat being able to watch the drama unfold.
    Tonight in the garden we completely switched Rez water. We are no longer running tap. We are ph'd RO water with 400 ppm nutes and minerals cal mag/ silica armor/ rapid rooter/ hydro duo a. Res temp has been low if anything between 57 and 64. Upped room temp hoping this and getting rid of leaks will level it out so I can then adjust. I had a substantial leak which I had collecting in a drip pan then it was being pumped into the individual reservoirs. Should have corrected the leaks 11 days ago the water was disgusting and merky the overflow rotation was tainting the water with every cycle. After having it dialed in we would then have to add water which would begin the process again. I'm confident I was being a worry wort about the roots also maybe a little impatient. I just wanna see them nasty long white roots!!!! There coming and so are pics I'm spent. The last 8 hours I've been trying to find out why my 220 timer wasn't working returned one then re hooked up to nothing again. I then tested my lines. Some how my second leg in the underground wire has been cut there is now no way I can run 4000 watts on my single 10 gauge plus the entire veg room fans heater and lights!!!! I've decided while the ground is frozen I will have to run a single 10 gauge primary to the pigtail in the building. Thus jumping broken spot . Then this spring re bury 6/3 and get ready for ac.
    It was an overly frustrating night to say the least. Issues with lights has me nervous I'm so close to needing them!!! I also discover our original 1000 hps is burned out so were down to three hps' bulbs and one mh for now. Going to buy 4 more bulbs. 3 mh and one sodium. It's amazing how much money is in a room until you wondering where all your money went. Then it all makes sense. I'm certain I'm forgetting something but I'll repost it. Ooo ya I did get all the 220 plugs and boxes into the room and my mess from installing the fan wrapped up tonight also.

Just a couple side questions to all you out there. I'm seeing no change in my clones on the upper side outside of a little lime greening of the inner young growth. However my humidity domes don't fit anymore is it typical that clones increase in size in aero I've never encountered this with jiffy pellets. And even stranger considering the minimal root structure I have... Thoughts??? Yes I almost forgot I hooked up the 10 inch fan and it sucks the walls in a little and an air leak across the entire floor area. I know it's not good to have any un managed air flow but I'm not sure I can fully tame this fan it says do not consistently run below forty percent I may have over done it. Any ideas? If I add a fresh air intake and exhaust my fan will still circulate my air but it's pulling in outside air through the floor plate. Should I foam it? Get smaller fans to circulate air and use 10 fan p to exhaust? We are now running four hood all of which will need ducting. Will that 10 in handle all of the hoods ?? 1000 cfm

Aero 4400 watts

16. On the clones, once I get roots I add nitrogen....use 2.5 ml per gallon of micro, bloom, and grow...that should green them up

I don't use a humidity dome with my aero cloner ever.

For the fan try a fan speed controller and adjust the speed until you get to the pressure you want...you have too much negative pressure right now.

Yes, foam it.

Yes that fan should be able to pull all the warmed air from your hoods.

On cloning.....after you put the cuts in the aero cloner the stems will first form a callus (takes about a week) then root nodes (the little white clusters, then roots. Be patient.

17. Ok starting a structured grow journal for me to keep better tabs on our progress and to make it easier for people sitting in to help provide proper advice and additional information.

MOTHERS: Day 162 planted them August 23. Temperature just adjusted to 72 Fahrenheit relative humidity 10%. Feeding day. The mothers have all filled right back in to the dense jungle they were before we cloned and it's only been 12 days. Amazing, I thank most of it to them being so healthy prior to cloning and the lights. The large cfl's have been nothing short of perfect. They draw about a third of the power with twice the coverage and penetration. I'd like to note those are not correct specs. Just my bloated opinion. We veged with a metal 400 with extreme light deficiencies beginning about half way down the plant. Since changing over to the cfl's our node spacing, color, and new growth have all increased significantly. The light keeps the growth tight and manageable. It also penetrates almost entirely to the base of the plant. As I mentioned earlier the 400 was leaving the plants half happy as light goes where as these lights are easily managing the entire mother garden. I feel I could make a different light hanger dispersing the light over a larger area. For the time being not necessary. A few additional notes in the mother garden. Were looking back looking at the time frame feeling a little behind our original goals. Also feel we haven't managed the size of the plants as well as we should have. They needed to have been topped months earlier. Would have made the height more desirable. But these girls will kill it this summer outside!!

CLONES/SEEDLINGS:
    DIRT CLONES; Day 40 cut them December 22. 72 Fahrenheit relative humidity 10%. They took 24 days to root completely and get transplanted into their pots. They are looking sexy today!! I flimed the largest of the dirt clones, responded beautifully. I believe I have a PPP looking great we kinda lost our organization in a hectic holiday season. The plan was to get another PPP mom to help spread the load of cloning cycles. But somehow we mixed them up and until the leaves get larger the differences are very subtle, but I am quite certain the new PPP mom is in there.
    SEEDS; Day 6 planted traditionally. Seed X nothing. Jamaican 1 stem showing through the soil. Jamaican 2 nothing.
    AERO CLONES; Day 12 cut them January 19. 70 Fahrenheit. Humidity domes off and humidity steady at 50%. Rez temp 68.1, ppm 400, ph 5.9. Using RO water now everything looks great today have one wilted girl hoping its a dome thing. The cloners are way under control now. Need to slow down and start bringing it back to the basics. We were letting creativity and laziness get the upper hand. Brix I hear ya loud and clear, I did some basic research about the process on a cellular level last night and you hit it right on the money. I guess I overlooked this portion of the root growth phase. I was tunnel visioned on all the potential negatives, and that dam sick plant forum need to quite reading horror stories before bedtime!! Haha it's been giving me nightmares!!! With the clean new closed circuit water hoping to speed things up and finish strong here this coming week.

BLOOM ROOM:
    AEROPONICS POTS; Three of the 12 pots have been updated to the four mister head setup. This gives us a little wiggle room with clogged mister heads. Hoping to avoid that completely with this pump filter bag. But I'm just making sure. We're going to run a 200 ft single strand wire out. This will finish the lighting and let us have our required power. 220😃 I just need to re do some plug ins and some plug ends and that will be finished. Our final order will have not only the remaining fittings for the misters, it will also have our fan controller and duct work to plumb lights. Should be here Thursday. Co2 for now will be on a digital timer hoping to pick up a monitor up in the coming weeks. Need to do some foaming around floor seams which seams crazy because it has a floor plate and its plastic that fan is way overkill whoops.

Again thank you for the advice and support Grasscity readers. Pictures to come

Aero 4400 watts

18. Sorry for being repetitive just trying to get over to this new setup as far as my journal is concerned it will level itself out. New for me to maintain a journal of any sort.

Aero 4400 watts

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423011018.435048.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423011055.619592.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423011086.243896.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423011106.046873.jpg

Aero 4400 watts
    Skunks are over here comes the PPP!!!

Aero 4400 watts

20. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423011683.337754.jpg

Aero 4400 watts