Indoor aero 48 site 4400 watts scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bunnyslayer, Jan 18, 2015.

1. This is my first post here on grass city, I'll be doing a homemade low pressure aeroponics system. I also will be cloning in a aero cloner. This being my first time I'll be asking what could seem like a lot of silly questions, and I appreciate all input and help. There are always ways to improve. I enjoy growing and medicating both of which are legal in my state.
    Here is some back information about this grow. We germinated 3 strains. 5 master kush, 5 pure power plant, and 2 super skunk. Of the three we ended up losing all of our master kush and all but one of the pure power plant. Both of the super skunks originally started survived. We as I said earlier lost all five masters and four of five of the PPP. So ended up with 2 super skunk mommys and a pure power mommy. We have been vegging all three moms for just about 5 months. They are under four outdoor security lights ............. I forgot to mention our mothers are all in 5 gallon buckets with a great soil mix mostly castings and compost. Mothers are all healthy and massive. We have been using a combination of techniques to increase cloning site. Topping was the first and from there we have been super cropping hst, and lst with great success. On our really prolific bushy super skunk we also tried a little flimmin. Kind of a slow technique but impressed so far. We have taken 28 clones with some success. Our first clones were taken to bush out the moms. Of the 28 clones we had 15 root and are growing in other soil buckets. We were getting anxious and have an extra 400 watts to play with so we used the trimming of the moms to practice some techniques. We used no rooting hormone and jiffy peat pellets to clone under t5 fluorescent lights. Wouldn't recommend it, use the rooting gel and starter solution half the time half the damage to plants. "Learning curve."
    With doing aero we decided instead of rooting in the rock wool we would aero clone and transfer to the rock wool at the same time as putting in the net cups?? Any idea if this is a good decision? Then using a combination of the yoga mat "neoprene disks" and net pot lids not using a egerton ballast. We will be approaching this obstacle in the next two weeks or so. Comments appreciated. Cloning will be happening tomorrow if not tonight.
    I'll be putting together some photos and posting them through out the day. Hoping to hear all the comments and feedback on what I need to do to really get the results we all dream about.
    I'm excited to take on aero and hope to really see the results everyone raves about. It's been slow going getting the pieces together and running but in the next 4 days all the planning and thinking will be operating and not just an idea in my mind.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421606687.418800.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421606712.322327.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421606753.637109.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421606922.248106.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421606942.447237.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Go for it

3. Well here is another update cloned 60 plants today. Have some issues with the cloners leaking but all in all quite nice should be a successful run. Had to take thirty clones off of the PPP herself. She is looking rather thin hoping she pulls through. Used regular well water and clonex with rapid root in the reservoir. The clones in the back buckets were our original test run. I'm hoping to catch and pass them with our new aero cloner. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421732323.358112.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421732346.798978.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421732367.798345.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421732388.111255.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421732429.653870.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421732473.165625.jpg

4. Not getting any feed back on this forum but I'll continue to post questions hoping for answers. I have some venting questions I'd like some input on I'm running 4 1000 watts I feel between the veg and bloom room we will have enough air flow but would like some input as well. We have a six inch tube connected to a high flow blower fan pulling hot air from the heater which is in the veg room. The bloom room with lights off stays about 12 to 15 degrees cooler then the veg room which is set at 72. We are installing a high flow in line can fan 10" which will be connected to our two king cobra predator hoods dumping hot air from lamps into the veg room thus connecting our flow loop between rooms haven't got it finished but plan on running the fan constant on a y pulling part air from room part from lamps. Any ideas???
    I'd also like to hear input on a fresh air inlet from outside ??? We are using co2 and the two rooms are sealed so I'm not certain I'd want a intake and outtake for air but looking for ideas. As of now I'm convinced it will be a waste of co2 to try and maintain a fully exhausted room. Looking for help

5. Were do you exhaust for each room? I can't seem to picture it in my head. My rule of thumb is awalys exhaust the air from the hoods somewhere outside but I think its not always do able for everyone. Are you exhausting from your vegg into your flower and then back to your vegg from the flower room? If so this is going to get things cooking.

6. Yes your correct we have a six inch fan pulling air from the heater which is in the veg room.The heater is not always running. So it draws air from the warmer thermostatically controlled veg room. For now I think we need the extra heat bc of the outside temperature. So our air loop is completed by our ten inch can fan which pulls hot air from the hoods and pushes it into the veg room. It maintains roughly 62 to 65 lights out. Haven't had all the lights up and running with fans yet but will have those temps in a few days. Should I still set up a exhaust fan to pull the rooms clean and a intake to bring fresh in even though I'll be using c02??

Speed Is Key

7. I'll post some pics in the next hour or so for you too look at

Speed Is Key

8. I'm not sure if I understand what direction you want to do for ventilation. How about a carbon filter? If you run ducting to your lights where is that coming from and you should make an exit for it somewhere outside(usually).

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962178.183268.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962269.199949.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962286.820046.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962315.605077.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962358.186629.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962407.358400.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962457.096963.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962487.530987.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962556.335891.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421962582.553016.jpg

Speed Is Key

10. so all the picks are pretty self explanatory besides the black hole and above the cloner those are the places I would hook up intake from outside and exhaust smell isn't a issue

Speed Is Key

11. Are you saying the other end of the hood "the part not hooked up to the fan" or the air intake side should be ran with ducting from an outside source?? I figured we could leave it open to draw air just from the room itself? Not a good idea? I can easily plumb it in but I'm dealing with negative outside temps and heating isn't an issue but I'm making surplus heat from the lamps why not recirculate?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. If your using CO2 you will need to tie the other end up unless you already have a plan for it in another way.

13. I guess I'm lost again which end am I needing to tie up?? And what reason?

14. #14 FroSt415, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    OK sorry about the crappy message. I'll try to explain, so if your planning on using CO2 in both rooms and only using one burner then you will need a way to circulate the CO2 between the two. It seems that is your plan if I'm not mistaken. Now if you do that you don't need to set up the ventilation for the hoods to vent outside. Because you won't maintain a consistent CO2 lvl which it sounds like you know so your going with an open hood. Now if you have heat issues what are you going to do? Make a plan B and C because plan A always has its draw backs.

15. Ok just picked up all the ingredients for the recipe. Feeling good about all the nutes. Its a well rounded complete diet. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422118294.455651.jpg

16. I see what your saying now frost. Ok still using two 6 inch vented hoods arranged to be vented simultaneously with a 10 can fan which will be mounted above the door between veg/ flower room. Pulling hot air off the lights pushing it into the veg room. So we pull air from the veg room where the heater is. filling the bloom room with warm air. Both the 8 inch blower fan and 10 inch can fan, will be run continuously making a loop of co2 filled air. By running constant during both lights on and lights out ill maintain about 10 to 15 degrees cooler during lights out. In addition to heating both rooms during lights on periods with the excess light heat. Well seeing as how it is roughly 0 degrees here it will just help the heater keep up for longer periods of time. Thus saving heat $$$.

17. It's alive 1 hp sump pump to get the psi we need ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422159364.789983.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422159395.824158.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422159418.568900.jpg

Speed Is Key

18. Early in January I was the best man in my buddies wedding. This was a great honor and a privilege. To magnify the greatness of the occasion I was fortunate enough to see the two married on the beaches of Jamaica, It was beautiful. While on the on the trip I acquired some really potent "ganja" which was incredibly stinky and earthy with a heady heavy buzz not certain of a name or type just that it was just as good if not better then some of the popular name buds I see so often. The bud I purchased from the first night was AMAZING !!!! No seeds no stems full dense stinky buds cured perfectly. The Jamaicans have it completely figured out.i then made it a point to try and get some separate buds hoping to taste some more exotic green. I meet a man on a kayak who sold me some hash and green which was comparable to the grass in every way except that it was filled and I mean filled with seeds. My profile photo shows the bags on my lap. The ganja was no less potent or intoxicating. Over the course of my trip I tried to devise a way to bring some of this seed back. I couldn't think of anyway to possibly do it without jeopardizing my freedom. So I gave up and decided it's better to enjoy Jamaica there and leave her there. To my amazement when unpacking my suitcases I discovered a seed in the bottom where I had been hiding my weed over the days in Jamaica. I finished unpacking the rest of the way and lo and behold there was a second seed. I now have hopefully one female of some Jamaican marijuana. I'll be germinating those seeds tonight. I will keep tabs on there growth right here in my grow journal.

Speed Is Key
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422220198.972042.jpg

Speed Is Key

19. So 48 clones, super skunk and ppp? 4400 watts?
    How big is your bloom room?

20. its about 11' by 12' with 8' ceilings.

Grow journal aero 4400 watt scrog