The life of a smoker in Israel/middle east.

Discussion in 'General' started by emdeex, Jan 18, 2015.

1. #1 emdeex, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    Hello,
    I am 22, an arabian citizen living in Israel (48's, if you're aware of the conflict)

I've been smoking for 2/2.5 years~, and although the lifestyle that i am about to portray to you is the normal lifestyle for a smoker around here, I always realize how different it is from other people's around the world.

So, first of all, for those who don't know, recreational use of cannabis is not legal here, in any way. So if you wanna smoke, all you got is Hash on the streets and very rarely, you might find weed.

It costs about 100 NIS (25$) for the amount of Hash that is equal in size to like, the volume controler in your iphone's headphones (couldn't come up with a better example:/), so you take like 1/5th of the piece, burn it for like 10 seconds, blow to put down the flame, and mix it with tobbacco (1 ciggarette) and we smoke it by taking about 2/3 consecutive puffs on average. And we smoke 1 joint per hour on average (oh, by "we" i mean me and my one/two friend/s)
    Btw, other than Hash, there's what we call "green", or "medical"
    Which they cost 120 NIS (30$) per gram!

So unfortunately these are actually the only categories people use to describe what they got.

I know I sound like someone who doesnt know what the fuck he's talking about and its true actually, but i am sharing this IN ORDER to be corrected and thus more knowledgable, and in order to open your eyes maybe upon such communities around the world, like mine.

Sorry for the long read, but i included that much details deliberately, cause I wanna know exactly what i am doin wrong.

Any comments would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Wasn't sent from my iPhone.

2. What are you asking of me?

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

3. Isreal ive always wanted to visit there! when it come to medical cannabis I thought you guys had it good out there I know alot of cannabis research comes from Isreal.

4. Yea over seas is rough on marijuana. Finally north America is bringing things about. Hopefully it let other countries unify and legalize.

5. It is, the percentage of medical users in relation to the population is maybe the highest one. But when it comes to recreational use, its a whole other story:/

And what am asking is, since phrases like "strains" or "sativa/indica/hybrid" are equivalent to quantum mechanics phrases over here, how healthy is our way of smoking really is? And what should I avoid in order to keep this habit, a healthy one.

I cant come up with more specific questions since i have no idea whats right and whats wrong, regarding smoking (in relation to body health/ social interactions/ education and studying/ work etc..)

Wasn't sent from my iPhone.

Interesting read, dude

Greetings from the north side of the planet, I'm really curious about weed life in Israel so some questions, answer what you want:

Is cannabis widespread in Israel? As in, do a lot of people smoke it? Is it considered very taboo? Are the police active about hunting weed smokers? Is the punishment for it tough? Do you feel yourself more exposed to being targeted, being arab? Are there tensions between Arabs and Israeli where you live? Do you attend university, and if so, is it government-sponsored in Israel? Do students smoke a lot of weed? Did you learn your English at school, or somewhere else? 

As to questions about weed, I learned a lot by reading articles and forum posts and searching for my specific questions. If I couldn't find something online, or if I wanted to know more details about the subject, I would create a specific thread here asking the specific question. There are also some threads on the forum made specifically for those who don't know so much (One of the better ones is called Post Questions You Thought Were Too Stupid to Ask, search for it and it will pop up)

Anything you're curious about Scandinavia I'm happy to return the knowledge favor

I can recommend looking into buying a vaporizer so you don't have to have smoke in your lungs (it's a device that vaporizes the weed instead of burning it, so the THC is released as a 'mist' you can breathe in without the damaging smoke).

I don't know if you guys smoke weed with tobacco there, but cutting the tobacco out is ofc healthy. As to Sativa and Indica, in very simple terms, sativa makes you more active, energetic, upbeat, inquisitive. Indica is known as couch lock weed, and makes you relaxed, sleepy, physically comfortable. There's a wide spectrum of effects that different strains have been grown to produce, there's a lot of information on strains at leafly.com

8. You're way of smoking is wasteful.  Shave a sliver of hash, put it in a pipe, and heat it gently enough that it doesn't ignite but hot enough to get all the vapor in one hit.  If your hash is ever on fire you're wasting.

9. this is good advice but OP said he can't get weed and just hash. Ask around your area until you find some. That out quit it for now, work hard, and moved to a spot that is easier on weed and easier to obtain

I appreciate your good intentions and observational skills, but you can smoke hash in a vaporizer; I can vouch for using cotton to keep the hash from melting and covering the air flow, if that's what you were alluding to

if not disregard this post

11. Isn't there an amazing mmj system in Israel?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. interesting thread, hope OP posts more

13. What's the ambiance like when you are smoking? Explosions in the background? Sorry for my naive stereotypical response, but I'm really curious.. 

14. Yea, I wasn't sure if you could or not. Oops! Did not mean to misinform. 

15. #15 emdeex, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    Wow, thanks for the responses guys, I really do appreciate!
    So:

Hello there, thank you :)
    And hell yea, I'll be happy to. So:
    1- Recently, I have been noticing an increase of smokers among people around my age, but yet again those are the people that i am intending to be surrounded by usually. 2- I can say that it is considered very Taboo, specially when it comes to older citezens (more relugious) but also with pretty every non smoker, hence we take precautions against revealing the fact that we smoke to acquaintances. 3-They somewhat are but i wouldn't consider it very active.
    4- for a small amount you get a file that closes after like 6 months, after that you're expecting jail time. 5- umm even If i leaned to answer positively, since most of the time an arab is somewhat looked at in a more suspicious way , I dont have evidence to back that up. 6- where I am active, no. here and there, yea sometimes, depends. 7- not yet but I do think many students smoke. And there are college and universities the are, and those that are not. And (8) my english source is mainly attribitued to the internet, i would say. Although i did start learning it in school in the first grade and the basis play a major role.

Thank you for the tips I hope get all the information I need.
    Oh and i am fascinated by Scandinavia and everything about your way of living, although that is not really related to Cannabis. But i would like to talk further about this if you would like:)

I did hear about it, although am not really sure where would I go about purchasing one:/

Thanks for the tip,I tried and I do feel a stronger kick, but i still think am not doing quite right so so if maybe you have a good demonstration video I would very much appreciate it!

You would think that that would give me an advantage as a recreational smoker, it doesn't.

You're too kind:)

Its tottaly fine. And its equivalent to the indica effects. No explosion for me, no:/

16. I'm pretty sure medicinal is legal in Israel. Ask a doctor.

17. It is, but only under very strict policies. There are only 21 doctors in the whole country that are allowed to permit it.

18. This is so interesting!  I love learning how others live.  Welcome to the discussion!  Coming from the midwest, pot is not legal yet, but we have no problem getting it.  Most folks from the midwest smoke weed.  But I do smoke hash occasionally, particularly ear wax (a concentrated kind of hash).  I smoke it from a vape pen.   http://www.hightimes.com/read/high-times-vaporizer-pen-buyers-guide

It is discrete and you don't need a lighter!

I often go to Colorado, where pot is legal.  It is freaky to walk into a store (dispensary) and see all the weed, hash, and edibles freely displayed for purchase.  Talk about freedom!!!

But did you know!?
    Hemp was growing wild all over the US when the Europeans arrived.  In the 1800's the posh people in town's all smoked it.  It was very common placed and had no laws about it.  In fact, the King of England forced the new colonialists to grow acres dedicated to hemp.  It helped with mari-time equipment, ropes, sails, etc.  Even England grew it.  In the 1930's,  Uniform State Narcotic Drug Act  claimed that pot was a narcotic and outlawed.
    This has been a mini-brief summary of Pot in America. 

Anyone from other countries willing to share your experiences?

Anyone from America care to share more historical facts of Pot in America?

19. I love your enthusiasm:-}

Thank you for the info you've shared! I am really considering getting of those nowadays, hope its not much of a trouble.
    And yea, getting to know other smokers' lifestyles is a great way of knowing where you stand in relation to other countries(appreciating your advantages, and looking for better ways to enhance the disadvantages)

20. Pot could be a way to connect the world.