UK Referendum for Legalisation

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xCeeTee, Jan 18, 2015.

1. So this stupid war on drugs is lost when just one person in the whole of the UK decides to start using. When you factor in the number of people who do regularly use any illegal drug, you can see that it's just a complete waste of money! The legalisation of cannabis has been something that's been argued for years here, and I wonder if the government actually want to put a stop to it? Because I think there would be the most simplest way and that's to give every person in the UK the full education about cannabis, and then put it to a vote. It's effecting so many people in this country whilst it's illegal, it's wasting tax money on police resources, and housing costs for when a user or a dealer gets banged up. But instead, we could be creating more tax revenue! We could probably be out of this recession by easter if they legalised it tomorrow. Honestly, I lose faith in this government more and more each day, with more stories coming out making them even worse. I feel like a referendum could be one of our only options to legalise, what do you guys think?

2. I don't think a referendum would have the necessary public support to pass here yet. Even if support for legalisation is over 50%, the supporters need to be mobilised against the greying Daily Mail types who are far more likely to go out and vote. 

3. I feel your pain mate, the UK has a lot to learn, may I refer you to a thread about "project storm" if you have seen this then 👍 but if not take a gander,
    It is a massive movement with bud buddies following a few couples in the UK who have cancer and had the opportunity to use cannabis oil!
    If anything it may ease the pain a little know ing there's others that are fighting for the same cause. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1347423-Project-Storm

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

4. #4 berner, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    If it's something interesting that you could do at home with a bit of knowledge and practise it's illegal. 
    Distil your own spirits, grow your own tobacco (legal until you dry it), grow cannabis.

'The man' loses out on his cash cow from alcohol tax, enough people sat on seeds and equipment, if it get's the green light there'll be a little tax from it. If they were to get tax from it, would be the same as spirits and tobacco to subsidise the 1%'s offshore/ trust fund tax 'avoidance'.

The well-to-do of society 'avoids' tax on huge sums, Joe Bloggs 'evades' it but is in the same place to get nailed for their duty-free smokes.

5. Well until they decide to legalise it i'm going to continue not giving a fuck because the stuff is abundant.

6. and so they legalize it,...then tax it to death and manipulated as in the Merica, still those tories may drool over the $us84mil the Colorado irs took in tax...?
    I'm happy to continue like Nodz^^^ above and for the same reason

the only real time it will count is when fuckwit civil servant realizes theres more people inside prison on cannabis charges than outside ....lol

7. Yeah I keep reading about potential legalisation and I've got to agree with captain vxr. I don't think it will be legal anytime soon because of your daily mail types.
    It's more ignorance than anything. They feel so strongly about keeping something they know nothing about illegal.