Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The smell of weed makes me feel ill?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by oshawott, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Hey, brand new toker here, smoked my first joint last night.
    I'd smelled weed before buying some, but obviously never as strongly as I did once I had it in my hands. I rolled it and smoked it, and I liked how it tasted. I had a nice (although a little weak) high - I only rolled a little joint - but whenever I smelled my fingers, my stomach turned. The strength of the smell made me feel physically sick.
    I went to bed, but rather than being able to sleep easily, I could not shut down my mind and my body started to shake. My legs were twitching and I felt very ill, and I didn't sleep at all. I feel fine now, but even this morning, the smell of weed makes my stomach turn.

Has anyone else experienced this? Will I get over it with time? I really want to be able to get high without feeling sick :s

2. I've loved the smell of ganj since I was a young lad. If the smell is physically affecting you then maybe don't smoke and turn to alternative less smokey methods like a vape or edibles. If you still can't stand it then maybe weed just isn't for you.

3. I love the smell, and you probably had a strong Sativa strain

4. Vape time!

5. My good friend was exactly the same when he first started, as time passed he started to slowly get used to it and he doesnt even notice the smell on his hands anymore, so give it time my friend and I'm sure you'll eventually grow accustomed to the stank on your fingers haha but if in the mean time i suggest you smoke with a pipe or bong and if you would rather a spliff then just smoke it and straight after waash your hands with soap and spray deodorant on yourself....best advice I can think of anyway buddy! Best of luck with your problem! :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  

6. the smell didnt cause all that extra stuff, it was the high. I doubt it has to do with the smell of the bud, something else had to trigger at the same time so weed seemed to be the rational

7. I had an ex who would literally gag at the smell of weed smoke... needless to say that relationship didn't work out for long haha

8. The vaporizer is calling you... 

9. Ya the smell of potent weed can literally make me gag haha. Burned weed...even more so. Might be time to try vaping your nuggz. Must be some good shit tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I'd gag at the taste and smell (of my piece) but after a while you get use to it and now it doesn't bother me man, you just have to get acquired to it.

11. The smell of cigarettes makes me want to vomit. Still been smoking for 8-9 yrs.

I don't see where you're coming from tho. I love the smell of weed.

Whether or not you'll pass this stage. You probably won't stop disliking the smell but it should make you feel less sick with time.

12. I have a Pavlovian response of calm, love, excitement and anticipation with the first whiff of burning weed. The dank smell of skunk, the fruity smells of some indicas and the hashy waft of kush is just too yummy......I could bathe in the stank.

13. It's a strong smell, that's for sure.. I think you either love it or don't.. Didn't like it before I smoked but I didn't mind it. Now that I do smoke, the smell is a blessing haha

14. Weed always smelt great too me, it could either just be you, or you might have some bad smelling weed. I've had weed with no smell, and some weed thst smells like cat piss

15. Wow. If u don't like the smell don't smoke it? I mean u get a shitty plate of food that makes you sick to your stomach are you going to eat it? I Guess I don't understand your logic of wanting to get high even though it makes you sick. Don't try impressing people if that's the case.

16. Plus when you get charged and put in jail you will feel stupid.